Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan Games and CWL. Why the difference?

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    While many would appreciate this especially in higher leagues of CWL, I don’t personally think it needs rework - we’ve got bonuses and even benched people still get something.
    People can also run 30v30s in lower leagues to make sure most of them get those 8 stars.

It all comes down to what you want -

1) do you want most of the clannies to get rewards? Go to the lower leagues, do 30v30s and make sure you rotate most members.

2) do you want push higher to have higher rewards for participants, and more for benched players including the bonuses? Pick 15 TH12s and go higher.

Limits like fear are often just an illusion
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    CWL was a totally different setup at first, which totally encouraged sandbagging and not trying your best. They have tried to change that for the better....
    Yes I like the change but why even set up a minumum 8 star threshold?
    also, for CWL it also is a clan management issue who gets to be in the roster AND who gets to be in the wars... if you are an average to 'bad' attacker, you might get a spot against weaker enemies or when we have secured the spot we like AS A CLAN, otherwise be happy with what you get .... [for that and for lower TH we now have three clans for CWL, but that's another point altogether]
    Same can be said about Clan games.A clan can also asks it memeber to either get minimum 2000points(for eg) or not participate at all.

And, as stated - they are two totally different parts of the game. CWL is for warriors, clan games can also be enjoyed by more casual players who don't like to war
    CWL is not completely different from clan games.They both help to progress the base faster.
    CWL is not completely for warriors.There are many(at least in my clan)who don't war in regular wars but take part in CWL as it helps their base to progress faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Rak2180 View Post
    Why is it not in CWL to get at least a star to get all the medals or in Clan Games to get certain percent of max points to get all the rewards?
    Well in both case at least a star or completing at least a challenge contributed to the clan total. So Do they both deserve equal rewards.
    It's a good question; I've never understood why SC's attitude was so diametrically opposite on the 2. In CG they've always refused to discuss it really, and the forum has often treated any suggestion that freeloaders shouldn't be rewarded as borderline offensive.

Yet in CWL, as I recall before it was released the intention was that people not in the 15 for war should get zero rewards. That got changed pre-release, but the rewards for non-combatants have always been fairly low and seemed rather grudging.

And yet there's a factor that makes it even more bizarre: in CWL people get left out not through their own choice, but because the game mechanics only allowed 15 in each war (OK there is recently a 30 option as well). And it rewards putting the strongest 15 in. So players could be desperate to take part, and entirely willing to put in the effort- and yet be left out and get the 0* rewards, through no fault of their own. But in CG where players chose to do nothing they get fully rewarded.

I've never understood the contradictory approach to the 2. I actually agree with neither - I think the systems should be completely swapped around. But making both reward everyone; or making both only reward those fully contributed would seem logically consistent.
    Various data posts: Who plays what? CWL data 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other) Data at end of old Legends And (non-data) how max bases are ordered in war
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post

Snip

I've never understood the contradictory approach to the 2. I actually agree with neither - I think the systems should be completely swapped around. But making both reward everyone; or making both only reward those fully contributed would seem logically consistent.
    Or let it be part of Clan management. Give them setting of thresholds for rewards...
    TH12 (51/60/30) TH11 (50/50/20)
    TH9 (21/28/ -) TH9 (12/12/ -)

Probably because the two are completely different. The only thing they have in common is that they reward people that participated.

That said, I do agree that changed in rewards would be good.
    - Clan games should have a setting for minimum points, that cannot be changed during the CG of course. Even though the clans I have been in never had any issues, I do think it can be an issue for others.
    - CWL should have a bigger reward for the lower bases. The way it is set up now, The bases that need those medals least, get most. Especially in mixed CWL's lower bases have a hard time getting their 8 stars, yet a TH9 needs the medals way more then a close to max TH12. For a few lower bases we can solve this by giving them the bonus packs, but that is only a few.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSk View Post
    Probably because the two are completely different. The only thing they have in common is that they reward people that participated.

That said, I do agree that changed in rewards would be good.
    - Clan games should have a setting for minimum points, that cannot be changed during the CG of course. Even though the clans I have been in never had any issues, I do think it can be an issue for others.
    - CWL should have a bigger reward for the lower bases. The way it is set up now, The bases that need those medals least, get most. Especially in mixed CWL's lower bases have a hard time getting their 8 stars, yet a TH9 needs the medals way more then a close to max TH12. For a few lower bases we can solve this by giving them the bonus packs, but that is only a few.
    They are different, but like Onyx said one of the main differences is the players not taking part in CWL are often excluded not by their own choice while players not contributing much in clan games are doing so by their choice, which is why it would seem to make more sense to have the CWL rewards be clan-wide and the clan games rewards more based on how much the player contributes. Anyway, I agree with you that the best compromise rather than a rule set by SC for clan games is for SC to allow clans to set their own rules.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Yeah you're right Clan games have always been like that there's this frustrating aspect of hoppers again. While in CWL simply taking a star or sitting out of wars don't get you much of the rewards. But hey I won't either say it's a complete responsibility of Clan management. I'll assume clan games has always been like that, it's more of a casual mode where players can score as many points as they want and contribute to clan, without any subsequent deadlines.
    Cricket World Cup 2019 discussion thread!<^_^>
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-%F0%9F%8F%86

Forum Veteran
    I'll put forth an argument as to "why" it makes sense the way it is set up (I haven't read through the thread, so someone may have hit this already).

Let's start with the idea that CG is fine (i.e. I'm arguing more for why CWL is "different" than CG, rather than why CWL should be the standard and CG as different).

CWL is there to encourage people to progress. The more you progress, the more medals you get conceivably. Allowing people to hang out in a clan and get all the rewards with 1 star doesn't encourage people to progress nearly as much as "get better and get 8 stars". I think there are rewards for 0 stars as a way to acknowledge "yeah, you might not have had a choice", but to encourage progression you have to give people a reason to individually progress.

I think there's also (IMO) a difference in the competitive nature of the 2 activities. CG is basically an "everyone can win" feature. CWL is a zero-sum, there will be winners and losers of the competition (everyone gets rewarded, but not everyone can win).

It's a good question; I've never understood why SC's attitude was so diametrically opposite on the 2. In CG they've always refused to discuss it really, and the forum has often treated any suggestion that freeloaders shouldn't be rewarded as borderline offensive.

Yet in CWL, as I recall before it was released the intention was that people not in the 15 for war should get zero rewards. That got changed pre-release, but the rewards for non-combatants have always been fairly low and seemed rather grudging.

And yet there's a factor that makes it even more bizarre: in CWL people get left out not through their own choice, but because the game mechanics only allowed 15 in each war (OK there is recently a 30 option as well). And it rewards putting the strongest 15 in. So players could be desperate to take part, and entirely willing to put in the effort- and yet be left out and get the 0* rewards, through no fault of their own. But in CG where players chose to do nothing they get fully rewarded.

I agree with this.

Forum Veteran
    IMO, Clan games are all about participation. Do something (anything) and as a team you will reap the rewards. Choose not to participate, get nothing. It is the equivalent of everyone cleaning the house on Saturday morning followed by everyone going to the park to play as a reward.

CWL is entirely different. It is about war and competition. No participation medals here and no Saturday ice cream in the park just for showing up. You could take the medals away entirely and CWL could stand on it's own. Try doing that to clan games and see how far you get.

Any comparison that suggests they are similar is equivalent to suggesting that a recreation vehicle is like a fighter plane. Yes, they both move, yes they both carry people but the purpose is entirely different and any similarities are minimal.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 1 Week Ago at 01:43 PM.