Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan Games and CWL. Why the difference?

Limits like fear are often just an illusion

Clan Games and CWL. Why the difference?

Clan Games:Get at least a single point to get all the rewards your clan unlocks.
    CWL:Get at least 8 stars to get all the medals your clan unlocks.

Why the difference?

Why is it not in CWL to get at least a star to get all the medals or in Clan Games to get certain percent of max points to get all the rewards?
    Well in both case at least a star or completing at least a challenge contributed to the clan total. So Do they both deserve equal rewards?

I am not saying to change anything.Just wondering why.

Trainee
    For clangames it's not a single point, it is one task which normaly can be archived with 2 or 3 attacks...

In CWL you can get 8 stars with 3 attacks too....

But i think this minimal requirement should enforce a minimal participation and 8 seems to be a reasonable one....
    TH12 (50/60/30) TH11 (50/50/20)
    TH9 (21/28/ -) TH9 (11/11/ -)

Quote Originally Posted by ZionWhiteRabbit View Post
    For clangames it's not a single point, it is one task which normaly can be archived with 2 or 3 attacks...

In CWL you can get 8 stars with 3 attacks too....

But i think this minimal requirement should enforce a minimal participation and 8 seems to be a reasonable one....
    If theres a challege for a single point then doing that would also get you all the rewards.
    Also there are many challenges that can be completed with a single attacks within few minutes.
    But to get 8 stars in CWL you will need at least 3 days.

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak2180 View Post
    If theres a challege for a single point then doing that would also get you all the rewards.
    Also there are many challenges that can be completed with a single attacks within few minutes.
    But to get 8 stars in CWL you will need at least 3 days.
    Yes, you are right. I'm doing my CG-tasks while raiding. So mostly i need 2 attacks ;-) So it is easier to get the clangame rewards than the CWL medals. But what is wrong with different requirements for different parts of the game?

The problem with hoppers can be solved of your own. Just close your clan for CG time...
    Last edited by ZionWhiteRabbit; 4 Days Ago at 10:25 AM.
    TH12 (50/60/30) TH11 (50/50/20)
    TH9 (21/28/ -) TH9 (11/11/ -)

Yes, you are right. I'm doing my CG-tasks while raiding. So mostly i need 2 attacks ;-) So it is easier to get the clangame rewards than the CWL medals. But what is wrong with different requirements for different parts of the game?
    Well, the difference between them due to them being different parts of the game can be one of the reasons.
    I made this thread not asking for a change.Just asking for opinion about this difference.Thats all.

Well, the difference between them due to them being different parts of the game can be one of the reasons.
    I made this thread not asking for a change.Just asking for opinion about this difference.Thats all.
    ... you mean you haven't seen all the previous posts about this topic? [being clan games and the fact that SC has chosen to implement them in the current way]...

Edit: to stay on topic. It is this way because SuperCell has chosen to do it this way. This is supposed to be a CLAN effort. As stated by others, and as was stated by Darian: managing Clan Games in your clan(s) is a clan management issue...

To quote one of Darian's questions when asked to change it: what if I enter a clan and it is MY 50 points that secure the last tier for the whole clan ... should I also get to benefit from all the rewards, or should I choose to NOT do that challenge because for 50 points I will only get a potion myself - and oh well, the leadership cared enough to set a threshold for new members so why should I care nobody gets the rewards, right?
    Last edited by JusMe; 4 Days Ago at 10:41 AM.

I don't think it is necessary. Again: this is a clan management issue. If you have such members - live with them or kick them.
    Maybe there could be a option for clans to set individual requirements for the CG-tiers- but not in general please.
    True.This is a clan management issue.
    But then again if the same had been the case with CWL(that you get all medals with just a star)then again there would have been people complaining about hoopers.That again would be clan management issue.But there is a minimum requirement for CWL.

It should depend on the clan management to get the best out of available players

True.This is a clan management issue.
    But then again if the same had been the case with CWL(that you get all medals with just a star)then again there would have been people complaining about hoopers.That again would be clan management issue.But there is a minimum requirement for CWL.
    CWL was a totally different setup at first, which totally encouraged sandbagging and not trying your best. They have tried to change that for the better....

also, for CWL it also is a clan management issue who gets to be in the roster AND who gets to be in the wars... if you are an average to 'bad' attacker, you might get a spot against weaker enemies or when we have secured the spot we like AS A CLAN, otherwise be happy with what you get .... [for that and for lower TH we now have three clans for CWL, but that's another point altogether]

And, as stated - they are two totally different parts of the game. CWL is for warriors, clan games can also be enjoyed by more casual players who don't like to war

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    ... you mean you haven't seen all the previous posts about this topic? [being clan games and the fact that SC has chosen to implement them in the current way]...
    Yes I have seen that.
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Edit: to stay on topic. It is this way because SuperCell has chosen to do it this way. This is supposed to be a CLAN effort. As stated by others, and as was stated by Darian: managing Clan Games in your clan(s) is a clan management issue...

To quote one of Darian's questions when asked to change it: what if I enter a clan and it is MY 50 points that secure the last tier for the whole clan ... should I also get to benefit from all the rewards, or should I choose to NOT do that challenge because for 50 points I will only get a potion myself - and oh well, the leadership cared enough to set a threshold for new members so why should I care nobody gets the rewards, right?
    CWL is clan effort too.
    As per Darian anology, a single star can be, in a war in CWL can be the difference between a win and defeat.A first place finish or second place.So why would the person who just got a single star not got all the medals?
    Why is there a minimum threshold in CWL?