Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan Games and CWL. Why the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    My point is that ANYONE who contributes any amount prior to. Final tier being reached is contributing. There is no mathematical difference between 50 points before max is reached and doing nothing more or doing 3950 more. So from that perspective we need to stop assigning any sort of greater contribution between the two. From an intent perspective however I agree, the intent is different.

Overall there is a simple fix and it is the same as it has always been. Set a minimum and then act when it isnt reached. 100% within clan control.
    I don't think anyone disagrees with your statement that anyone getting points for the clan before the clan has completed the final tier is contributing to the clan goal. Has someone disagreed with that and I missed it? I can't think of how that could be disagreed with. That is one reason I don't think my clan would set a minimum points requirement in order to collect any rewards. I know some other clans would (and I'd support a change in the game to give them the ability to do so even though I wouldn't make use of it), but even those who have asked for it probably wouldn't disagree with your point that someone doing one task still is contributing if they do it before the clan maxes out the final tier.

As for 100% clan control, "100%" is a tricky one. What if the leader wants the player to stay in the clan, but not get the full rewards for getting only 50 points? Kicking then isn't really 100% clan control. A new option added to the game to give the leader control to set a tiered reward where 50 points only earns the first tier, for example, would be more control. If that gives the leader more control, I don't think we can call the current situation 100% control.

Now we are getting into the weeds, but it is hard to avoid them when absolute statements are used to defend the status quo. While this part of the debate is interesting for debate sake the real question in my opinion is whether it would be better if leaders were given more tools to control the way members earn clan games rewards. In my opinion, as long as the leader can't change them after the games have started, I think the answer is yes.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Isn't it pretty well pointless to be arguing about an amount of points required to earn Clan Games rewards?
    Since pretty clearly on the Ruled Out Ideas list is this...

• Ability to set points threshold required in order to gain rewards from clan games or to vary the tier received according to individual contribution.

Your brilliant new idea is already ruled out, here. Why CWL is straight after Season Pass ends, here.
    There's no matchmaking in CWL. Contact support, here, forum players can't always help.
    Think before posting, are you just feeding the troll?

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #63
    OK, this thread has devolved into pretty well entirely discussing the merits or otherwise of a ruled out idea.

Time to call it a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)