Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan Games and CWL. Why the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I wouldn’t call it total control, but they have some control (the control to kick). I think it would be an improvement if they had more control. If the clan had the control to set a minimum or set a graduated reward or to shut off rewards for those getting points after the clan has already maxed out, etc. it would be an improvement. Even then it wouldn’t be total control but it would be much closer. I know a lot of clans wouldn’t use it, but there are all sorts of settings within the game that many clans don’t use.
    Leadership also can control who is in the clan when CG start and decide whether or not to let individuals in, either before or after CG are maxed in the clan....

And, as Darian has mentioned time and time again: what if one person's 500 points make it so everyone gets total tiers, then that one person just is SOOL and shouldn't get anything? Or shouldn't their points count until the threshold of ... let's say 2k is met ... then nobody will know what exactly the total number of points is until it sometimes might be too late .... what then?

I'm definitely not saying it is ideal or anything like that, but there truly are choices that can be made by clans and leadership in this regard... due to the nature/setup of CG, I can totally understand SC not implementing any features like suggested over and over again and here as well...

Forum Veteran
    The OPs original point was to point out similarities between CWL and CG and question why they are different as they relate to rewards. I disagree with those similarities and think they are two different items, so drawing connections between the two is meaningless as it relates to rewards. That does not mean that the rewards for CWL and CG cannot be discussed separately and distinctly from each other.

Whether CG should have minimums has been debated to death and I think we have a solid answer from SC in that regard and further debate is not required.

Whether CWL should have higher or lower rewards based on participation is IMO already managed through the bonus rewards option and is entirely under clan leadership control.

To me, putting them together feels like an attempt to bolster the argument to either make a CG minimum a requirement or to bolster the argument for higher CWL rewards. Lets not go down that rabbit hole.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 1 Week Ago at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dmoore1998 View Post
    I'll put forth an argument as to "why" it makes sense the way it is set up (I haven't read through the thread, so someone may have hit this already).

Let's start with the idea that CG is fine (i.e. I'm arguing more for why CWL is "different" than CG, rather than why CWL should be the standard and CG as different).

CWL is there to encourage people to progress. The more you progress, the more medals you get conceivably. Allowing people to hang out in a clan and get all the rewards with 1 star doesn't encourage people to progress nearly as much as "get better and get 8 stars". I think there are rewards for 0 stars as a way to acknowledge "yeah, you might not have had a choice", but to encourage progression you have to give people a reason to individually progress.

I think there's also (IMO) a difference in the competitive nature of the 2 activities. CG is basically an "everyone can win" feature. CWL is a zero-sum, there will be winners and losers of the competition (everyone gets rewarded, but not everyone can win).
    100% agree. (I didn’t read the whole thread either, just did a search on 'progress' to see if someone already made this point.)

Bottom line, I don’t see Supercell rewarding non-progression in cwl (there are already a lot of perma-max 10s and 11s and with 13 coming out they likely want to incent upgrading) or hindering progression by denying rewards in clan games. And I don’t even want the think about all the complaint threads from people being kicked after completing several cg tasks and getting no rewards.

Clash of Clans is, above all, a strategy game.
    Every game mode poses a different strategic problem for the individual player, the clan and clan leadership.

CWL rewards a well developed main village. Clan Games benefits a strong builder base. Engineers and low town halls can benefit a lineup in clan wars. Season challenges reward players who are competent in multiple attacks, using all types of units.

Variety keeps the game strong. CWL should not resemble Clan Games.
    UNICORNS! I want unicorns. Any clan that gets a 3 war win streak should have one villager replaced by a frisky little unicorn that frolics and gambols about the village. Let's make this happen.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...s-add-unicorns

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak2180 View Post
    Clan Games:Get at least a single point to get all the rewards your clan unlocks.
    CWL:Get at least 8 stars to get all the medals your clan unlocks.

Why the difference?

Why is it not in CWL to get at least a star to get all the medals or in Clan Games to get certain percent of max points to get all the rewards?
    Well in both case at least a star or completing at least a challenge contributed to the clan total. So Do they both deserve equal rewards?

I am not saying to change anything.Just wondering why.
    Because they are different things.

You might as well ask why apples taste different to oranges. They are both fruit, so why aren't they the same?

That is about the level of similarities between CWL and CG. They are both things which clans take part in and clan members get rewards. There are no other real similarities, so why should the way the rewards are awarded be similar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Leadership also can control who is in the clan when CG start and decide whether or not to let individuals in, either before or after CG are maxed in the clan....

And, as Darian has mentioned time and time again: what if one person's 500 points make it so everyone gets total tiers, then that one person just is SOOL and shouldn't get anything? Or shouldn't their points count until the threshold of ... let's say 2k is met ... then nobody will know what exactly the total number of points is until it sometimes might be too late .... what then?

I'm definitely not saying it is ideal or anything like that, but there truly are choices that can be made by clans and leadership in this regard... due to the nature/setup of CG, I can totally understand SC not implementing any features like suggested over and over again and here as well...
    Yep, I agree leaders have the control to kick. I think it would be an improvement to have even more control. Darian's example is why in MY clan I wouldn't set a minimum, but I know other clans would make good use of it. The only thing I maybe would set in my clan is no rewards if you don't complete a challenge before the clan maxes out the last tier. Or, maybe I'd set a tiered reward system if that was an option. Either way, it doesn't impact my clan much. We have been closed for years. I just generally always favor adding more tools for clan leaders.
    Last edited by 2222; 1 Week Ago at 01:28 AM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Pro Member
    I totally agree with you but you’d be surprised just how many Clan Leaders won’t Enforce a Level that’s Acceptable. What I was trying to say was that Any Clan Member can turn up for Clan Wars But they had to be included on the Roster to take part in CWL

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Clan leadership has total control over clan games: have people in the clan for whom it's not an issue to participate ... if people show they are not participating at the level anticipated [and clearly communicated] within the clan, they are no longer in the clan

I think it's valid difference.

Someone who completes one challenge in clan games ALWAYS is beneficial. There is no way that a person doing a challenge can negatively impact the clan (you obviously want them doing more but they have added benefit, even if it's minuscule)

Whereas, if you were to include someone who constantly attacked higher bases than they should and only ever gets one star, then that person is NOT beneficial and therefore minimum of 8 stars discourages that sort of behaviour.

Yes, that one star might have been the difference between a win and a loss, but there is the potential of these 1 star attacks being negative. SC won't know if it's the good sort or the bad sort so they've set a threshold.

Forum Elder
    Why the difference?
    In my opinion, you need to look at it from SC's perspective..

First off, they want everyone to be active, and progress their account.
    So, in order to achieve this, they have set the targets low for both, if looking at each, individually, in perspective.

But the difference..
    Clan games is purely for growth, as a clan.. Therefore any addition to the score benefits the whole clan, so why shouldnt the whole clan get the benefits.
    CWL is competition, so far as SC are concerned. So they want people to be scoring stars and pushing to as high a tier as possible, whilst also trying, as best as possible, to ensure players get the maximum award.

Peoples personal views differ greatly. SC's views are in print.
    Agree or disagree, SC released these sub games with a vision as to how they should be approached.
    They set easily achievable levels for those whom share that vision.
    But they dont dictate how people choose to play, which generally leads to confusion over time.

Quote Originally Posted by armshouse View Post
    Someone who completes one challenge in clan games ALWAYS is beneficial. .
    That is often said when this discussion comes up but it forgets the player who gets their first points after the clan has already completed the final tier.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.