Thread: Anybody seen this strange derby glitch

Centennial Club

Anybody seen this strange derby glitch

One of my hoodmates took a milk task, completed it about 2 hours early and when she went to drby board to have
    it register as completed, it appeared to do so but seemed to ‘get stuck.’ It showed on her list of tasks at 320. But she could not take another task because it kept showing as open on her screen. She exited, forced closed and returned. Returned to derby board, same thing. On her list of tasks it now showed the task as completed 2 times. Forced closed again, turned her phone off and after a minutes or so, turned it back on but got hung up on something at work. A little while later she returned to the board and now it did not show her task on the screen so she believed the force close resolved the issue. She took her next task but noticed in the thread comments about her task expiring. She looked at the hood task log and sure enough it shows her as 1/9 for 0 pts, but her task log looks like this:

Collect 86 Milk. 320 with a red x. (All grayed out)
    Collect 86 Milk. 320 with the bright blue border
    collect 86 Milk. 320 with bright blue border

on task log, it just shows 1/9 for 0 points.

Ever seen this. We contacted support and the response was so nonsensical it was hard to believe it was a response regarding the topic at all.

Tried to to upload photos but it kept failing. Will try to figure it out.....am reading the guide etc so I can add them tomorrow.

Centennial Club

Centennial Club
    You, I finally uploaded a picture. I feel like I have really accomplished something today.

I have had the glitch where it shows a double completion then an expiration but I got credit for the task. I’m sorry this didn’t register for you....so annoying!
    Leader Spirit’s Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

Pro Member
    A while back that happened to me. I was on my next to last task and it was stuck on stupid. It showed up twice, once completed and once as if time was running out.I was unable to take my last task for several hours. Support did fix it, I hope they do so for you as well.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    A while back that happened to me. I was on my next to last task and it was stuck on stupid. It showed up twice, once completed and once as if time was running out.I was unable to take my last task for several hours. Support did fix it, I hope they do so for you as well.
    So it is a known glitch then. That is even more depressing since Support’s response has been just shy of insane. It will not be resolved because they have closed the matter.

Thank you for the responses. Hayfield, I am going to take a shot in the dark that they resolved the issue before our current level of Help and Support? Maybe back when you could deal with a logical human being?

Centennial Club
    It took three contacts with Help and Support but they did fix it and give her the credit for the task and correct her score. It should not take that much work for them to correct a known problem but at least it was finally resolved. Thank you all for your responses.

she would have given up had it not been for your responses.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HeaveninTN View Post
    It took three contacts with Help and Support but they did fix it and give her the credit for the task and correct her score. It should not take that much work for them to correct a known problem but at least it was finally resolved. Thank you all for your responses.

she would have given up had it not been for your responses.
    I am glad it finally worked for her. I think the biggest problem is YES it is a known glitch but I am not sure if they know why it happens. Because it is so random.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Centennial Club
    Hayfield, I agree it seems to be quite random. Had something very similar happen to me during a derby a couple weeks ago but in my case it showed by task as expired only 19 hours after the derby started when it was a chili pepper task which gives you a day and a half to complete it. The screen print I sent showed it expired and at the top showed Derby Time remaining 5 days 3 hours. Apparently support did not understand it could not have been expired because the derby had not even been open a day and a half yet. Support closed it after changing course and saying I trashing it, but the screenshot clearly said EXPIRED.

That being said, I am so glad that Help and Support do sometimes get it right and if they can not determine the cause of the glitch it must make it incredibly difficult for them to chase down........frustrating for them and for us I would guess.

This has happened to me on several occasions, most notably on mining tasks, which have an “end of derby” kind of deadline. I usually have to repeat the task to complete it, sometimes more than once. Very frustrating for a known issue
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...