Thread: I finally had enough.

Pro Member

I finally had enough.

I have had an issue with one of my Elders. She is a good person and has been in our neighborhood for 2 years. But she has been getting on every single one of my nerves the last few months.
    She never checks the chat, she has on more than one occasion taken a task that someone has called. She has trashed She trashed a WHOLE board of 320 building, visitor, mining, boat tasks and basket tasks because SHE didn't want to do any of those. She NEVER apologizes.
    In the blossom derby she sat on a train task that we had ALL stocked our boards for. 5 separate people asked her when she would be done, she didn't answer. The only time she speaks is when she needs something.
    I opted her boyfriend out of a derby a few weeks back because he hadn't finished a task.... ANY tasks by Wednesday. This wasn't the first time either. So he got angry and left. No loss.

This morning someone said they would be done with their task in 20 minutes and wanted to take an actress task. He asked if anyone had 3 actresses. I said in chat I had three and let them go for him.
    She came on, took the task, took my actresses and then went silent when the neighbor spoke up. I apologized to the neighbor, said this had been a problem before and demoted her. I said , in the chat that as an Elder she needed to be held to higher standards. That YES everyone makes mistakes but they should own up to them. A simple "I am sorry" goes a LONG way. But nothing is EVER her fault. She has left which just saves me the trouble of booting her out later for doing this AGAIN.
    Last edited by Hayfield; August 13th, 2019 at 08:59 PM.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    I have had an issue with one of my Elders. She is a good person and has been in our neighborhood for 2 years. But she has been getting on every single one of my nerves the last few months.
    She never checks the chat, she has on more than one occasion taken a task that someone has called. She has trashed She trashed a WHOLE board of 320 building, visitor, mining, boat tasks and basket tasks because SHE didn't want to do any of those. She NEVER apologizes.
    In the blossom derby she sat on a train task that we had ALL stocked our boards for. 5 separate people asked her when she would be done, she didn't answer. The only time she speaks is when she needs something.
    I opted her boyfriend out of a derby a few weeks back because he hadn't finished a task.... ANY tasks by Wednesday. This wasn't the first time either. So he got angry and left. No loss.

This morning someone said they would be done with their task in 20 minutes and wanted to take an actress task. He asked if anyone had 3 actresses. I said in chat I had three and let them go for him.
    She came on, took the task, took my actresses and then went silent when the neighbor spoke up. I apologized to the neighbor, said this had been a problem before and demoted her. I said , in the chat that as an Elder she needed to be held to higher standards. That YES everyone makes mistakes but they should own up to them. A simple "I am sorry" goes a LONG way. But nothing is EVER her fault. She has left which just saves me the trouble of booting her out later for doing this AGAIN.
    I am sorry this has happened to you. We have had issues with this same thing in the past and I too had to eventually demote but then boot the person out. Being focused only on oneself is so inopposite of team play and is disruptive to everyone. Hopefully this will now improve everyone in your NH a better Hay Day experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post

How irritating. It gave me some flashbacks of several teammates that had those exact characteristics. As a leader it is a frustrating struggle to find some understanding and forgiveness to such.
    Hayfield, she was one those players that was self centered and not care about anyone else. Definitely not a team player. Too bad you not had the pleasure of giving the bright red letter boot. It would have been well deserved on both ends.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dtx725 View Post
    How irritating. It gave me some flashbacks of several teammates that had those exact characteristics. As a leader it is a frustrating struggle to find some understanding and forgiveness to such.
    Hayfield, she was one those players that was self centered and not care about anyone else. Definitely not a team player. Too bad you not had the pleasure of giving the bright red letter boot. It would have been well deserved on both ends.
    I took a LOT of joy in taking her elder status. I had a huge smile on my face the whole time.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC