Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Post about the useless number of barracks

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #11
    Quote Originally Posted by mandy12 View Post
    at the time of the update it wasnt an increase in efficiency it was actually a diwngrade. they basically divided each troop by 4 and that was the new time. overlooking the fact that there actually 6 barracks. a few troops had training reduction as well, so thats why iy seems to you like a 4x fold increase...
    That is simply false.

There were a very few, rather exotic armies that took slightly longer. Almost all commonly used armies took less time.

There was quite extensive analysis done at the time, showing the previous and new times for all sorts of combinations of troops, and the general consensus was that for most real life cases, the new system was quicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

I mean changed for the better? In my opinion it was better when it was possible to order an army in each barracks separately, but the change added that you can preload another pack of military supplies in advance, but I do not think that this is for the better. The same can be done with one barracks

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHowlet View Post
    If you have played long enough there was a time each barracks did train troops independently. This has since been changed (for the better). At some point if they want to add buildings but not make the map bigger, they could remove some of them.
    I mean changed for the better? In my opinion it was better when it was possible to order an army in each barracks separately, but the change added that you can preload another pack of military supplies in advance, but I do not think that this is for the better. The same can be done with one barracks

Quote Originally Posted by B3ZZZ0R View Post
    You are focusing on only one aspect of the change. When you could queue up each barracks separately, individual unit cook time was much higher, because you could cook in parallel. Similar overall cook time. However, if you needed to cook a dragon or golem for donation and don't have one cooked, it took 30 or 45 minutes. So, yes, to me current system is much better. And, as has been pointed out, the multiple barracks have a function as a speed multiplier. Each barracks that can produce a troop, reduces the cook time.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by B3ZZZ0R View Post
    Yes, in my own opinion, absolutely, positively for the better.

When each barrack had its own queue, each with a limited queue size, constantly balancing those queues was a pain. For example, brewing Giants, Wiz, WBs, Healers. For all queues to complete within quickest possible time, you had to manually balance those queues. If you simply put all like troops into each queue, you would have one queue complete early, but then wait for the longest time queue to complete. Back then, each time I had the slightest change within an army comp (let me try with one more Healer, reduce Giants and Archers), I would have to go back, managing and shifting all barrack queues to optimize time. If a mix of DE and E troops were used, it then was impossible to have all queues complete at about the same time.

Now, I have nothing to think about, nothing to balance, no queues to manage! Place the troops I want into the one and only queue and training time is constant regardless of troop order. Yes, in my view, better.

And please, I do not want to go revisit painfull memories of when barracks were down. especially when more than one were down concurrently. When each barrack had its own queue, when that barrack was down, so was its queue. At times it was impossible to train an full army in one sitting. You would have to start brewing an army (portion that fit within available queue space) then after it cooked some troops, placing them in camp opening up more queue slots to queue the remainder.
    Last edited by rowman; 1 Week Ago at 01:49 PM.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyMo View Post
    Not always for the better. There are some modes of raiding where itís useful to have different barracks producing a steady stream of different troops.
    How is it more useful to have barracks trains troops simultaneously, yet take 5 x longer?

In other words, you would rather it take 45 mins to make a golem and 45 mins to make a pekka and have them both brew at the same time instead of each taking 6 mins each or a total of 12 mins.

There is no scenario which the old way was better, unless you preferred it taking 90 mins to cook a full army vs 30 mins now.

Centennial Club
    The current barracks system (training time as a function of number of barracks with particular level) is a remnant of the old barracks system. As others have already pointed out, back then you had separate training queues for all 6 barracks.

This meant, for example, that you had to manually load balance between the training queues when farming. If you had a multiple of 4 of all troops you needed to train, then it was an ok system. But the moment you had a non-multiple you had to figure out an optimal queue for every barrack as to minimize total training time. This was even more tedious if your army was a mix of elixir and DE troops.

Then there was the issue of bringing a 45 min troop to your attack. This one troop you usually had to sit around and wait for, because the rest of your army only took 30 mins to train. It was a terrible system really and the current one is light years better.

However, I do think it should be open for discussion wether reduced training time by upgrading a barracks is a useful and meaningful system. Especially seeing as it's essentially a remnant from an older system.

Quote Originally Posted by Munitor View Post
    The current barracks system (training time as a function of number of barracks with particular level) is a remnant of the old barracks system. As others have already pointed out, back then you had separate training queues for all 6 barracks.

This meant, for example, that you had to manually load balance between the training queues when farming. If you had a multiple of 4 of all troops you needed to train, then it was an ok system. But the moment you had a non-multiple you had to figure out an optimal queue for every barrack as to minimize total training time. This was even more tedious if your army was a mix of elixir and DE troops.

Then there was the issue of bringing a 45 min troop to your attack. This one troop you usually had to sit around and wait for, because the rest of your army only took 30 mins to train. It was a terrible system really and the current one is light years better.

However, I do think it should be open for discussion wether reduced training time by upgrading a barracks is a useful and meaningful system. Especially seeing as it's essentially a remnant from an older system.
    I suppose you could reduce it to one of each barracks type. However, you would have to change the mechanism so it could produce troops during the upgrade unless you want to go several days without either dark or regular troops. To me, it works. I don't see a compelling reason to change it.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Centennial Club
    Yea no worries, I'm not advocating changing the system, because as you said: it works.
    I'm merely trying to point out that the new system is probably less intuitive in regards to training time per barrack levels. At least for the new players anyway.