Thread: "Intro to your Hood" and "Extra Info" Inquiry

"Intro to your Hood" and "Extra Info" Inquiry

My Neighborhood is looking to reword our intro and our extra info on our Neighborhood Info Page. We have had some issues with farms. The last one joined, said hi, and then left after they opted in to the derby. Grrr... anyway...
    I'm looking for ideas and am looking to any of you to let me know what your Neighborhood has written.
    I can compile something for my leader with some wise input from you all.
    Thanks!

( We change the type of farm from Anyone can join to invite only on Fridays and back again when derby has started. )
    ( We do have English speaking only because we enjoy the communication it takes to compete in derbies successfully. )
    * Level 104 Farm named Terri Bug Acres.
    * Thank You, Supercell, for the Valley Fuel Tracker! Why?
    Because everything starts with fuel in The Valley.
    * I my NH, Fishing Event, Blossom Derby, my farm bunnies, my Orchard, and filling town orders.

Pro Member
    You could have a mandatory Monday Check In. Anyone who has not posted in chat by the time you go to bed Monday night could be opted out of the derby.

However, no matter what you do you will always have someone who tanks the derby for you.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Thank you, hayfield, for your input

Our hood info boards are ever changing. It normally has a weekly Theme announcement. This week it says:

Theme: Per Spock, Funeral Food

Plus something about being thin skinned and not fitting in our hood.

Miss
    Miss
    Hood: Miss Behaving Tag#88vpc8rq

The Meaning of Life, The Universe, and Everything GlitteringRock's Avatar
    Hi, smilingdawn. I am sorry to hear about your experience. Last Power Derby we also had someone leave mid-derby after having done 2 tasks. Fortunately, we still got gold. I hope you’d get lots of input from other fellow farmers for your hood info. Here’s what we have on my hood, Ff-he-rid (Off-The-Grid).

Hood description: “The landscape of any farm is the owner’s portrait of himself” - Aldo Leopold

Extra info: Fast&prepped, self-sufficient&helpful, seasoned derby-loving team players r welcome 2 peaceful farming fun & derby success. Come over! Go Off-The-Grid! += 
    Last edited by GlitteringRock; August 15th, 2019 at 09:19 AM. Reason: To complete the message.

thank you, Miss and GlitteringRock, for your input. I like the think skinned comment. Lol. That would be about right.
    I appreciate both of you taking the time to give me ideas. I like to be helpful to the NH leader. She is a great farmer!
    * Level 104 Farm named Terri Bug Acres.
    * Thank You, Supercell, for the Valley Fuel Tracker! Why?
    Because everything starts with fuel in The Valley.
    * I my NH, Fishing Event, Blossom Derby, my farm bunnies, my Orchard, and filling town orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    You could have a mandatory Monday Check In. Anyone who has not posted in chat by the time you go to bed Monday night could be opted out of the derby.
    However, no matter what you do you will always have someone who tanks the derby for you.

That is a great idea to have everyone check in on the chat to assure that they really intended. It does happen that a player accidentally opts in or forgets to opt out for a week that they are busy. Or may be another issue where their device has cratered, been lost or stolen or some other technical issue.
    This procedure may tend to be too troublesome for hoods that are not very organized or not very derby serious.
    Those teams that are at the top of the derby leader board has many incredible procedures such as that. Actually no one can just join that type of hood. You first have to join one of their secondary hoods and prove yourself as a worthy team player.

One procedure may be for a leader or appointed co-leader to opt everyone out of derby on Monday, then at so many hours before derby starts, each player may opt back in.

My neighborhood is champion league but not a high pressure hood. I do have a rule about new players and any existing player that has not been active in derby. They must chat with the leader to be confirmed before being allowed to opt in.

Changing the entry to INVITE or REQUEST TO JOIN puts a discouragement on some to join your hood if you are looking for more players. There are players that wait until derby end to look for another hood to join. So if you block your hood at time you might lose potential new members. I usually change the status to REQUEST TO JOIN around 5 or 6 hours before derby start. It would be a bit upsetting to have someone jump in at the last minutes not knowing their intentions.