Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Simple Ideas to make builder base more fun

First off OP, love your avatar. Have been a mega man fan since back in the days of NES (2 and 3 were probably my favorites ).

I would love to see something implemented to cut-down on the "waiting" in BB. I agree that the waiting is by-far the biggest drawback in BB (for me) and it seems to have gotten a bit worse lately as I've been seeing a surge of sneaky archer attacks (although it could be my base layout). In regards to your ideas, I'm not sure they'll really help the situation though:
    (1) as others have pointed out, this idea would probably lead to most battles lasting the entire 3 minutes. It encourages players to attack second, letting their opponent set the bar and seeing whether they can play it safe or if they have to go for an all-or-nothing type approach. This could be mitigated a bit by not having the battle-progress updated in real time (only posting when the opponent has actually finished their attack) as even if your opponent started their attack within preparation time, chances are you wouldn't have this information until you already started your attack and committed to a strategy.
    (2) this idea would definitely cut-down on the waiting and (personally) I would like something like this implemented, but I think SC will have an issue with this one given its potential to be abused by trophy droppers. This isn't a knock on the idea and players already do this to be fair (CGs is coming soon) but even with your criteria that one player has to be finished before "surrender" is an option, this would still allow players to (for example) cook-up an entire army of raged barbs and funnel them right into a crusher. No troops left, attack over, next 30 trophies to drop. This wouldn't bother me in the slightest as its a "free" win but might add to the frustrations of sub-max'ed players, with which SC might take issue.

I do hope SC is considering something to cut down on the "waiting" in BB. I already find it a bit monotonous (same couple of attack strats, same base layouts to hit) so it can get a bit boring, even without the waiting, but even I'm a bit stumped on how to do that.
    Last edited by Nutty31383; 1 Week Ago at 12:28 PM.

Hay my new friend

Halooo hay

Quote Originally Posted by ezzypixel View Post
    I don't think people would wait. Not only are you wasting your own time but it doesn't give you any strategic value whatsoever.
    yes, it does. I wouldn’t go for a risky strategy (hog gliders, for example) if I know the other player scored 1-star or low percentage 2-star, so I would wait. Furthermore, I’d not be wasting my time at all unless I’m CT boosted, since I’d have to wait for army to cook anyway.

Again, the player doing that will be wasting their own time. I don't think anyone would do that.
    again, nobody would be wasting their own time unless CT is boosted. Army will still take 3-mins to cook. You can do it to annoy your opponent, and waste his/her CT boost time. And people do wait till the last second to drop the last archer, it has happened to me not one, but a dozen times.
    Last edited by RagnarFurias; 1 Week Ago at 03:18 PM.
    Nothing here stays the same forever. You must learn to change as the game changes, or clash will force you one way or another.

Hmmm.... I'm hearing you guys and a lot of people seem to be saying waiting is a viable strategy. Maybe I'm not high enough in trophies yet to understand this yet. I'm still only Builder Hall 6. I play more casually.

How about the photo of the preparation screen? Wouldn't that help? The player has 1min or 30 sec to choose a strategy then once both players click the 'ready' button their troops are locked in and the match begins. So they cannot switch to different troops at that point. And they can only start their attack once both players click 'ready'.
    I would much rather wait in the beginning a bit for the player to get prepared rather than at the end when i know i've lost and i just want the match to end already.

As for trophy droppers, how about rewarding players for having high trophy levels. I know you get more loot already. But how about as your builder base level rises or even your 'base weight' rises the loot or whatever rewards gained at lower trophy levels begins to drop significantly. Like the rewards drop by 50% or more, or something that makes it not worth it to trophy drop. Like there is a predetermined range for each base level or weight level.
    For example: builder base 6 -- the lowest trophies you can have before noticing a HUGE drop in rewards is (just for example)1900(or whatever is fair) and builder base 7 the lowest you can drop before HUGE decreases in rewards is 2200(or whatever is fair). and obviously it would work in reverse. The higher trophies you get with a weaker base you will get a huge bonus increase in rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by themariofan View Post
    The biggest problem with your second suggestion is that you don't have an accurate trophy count to base the second match on until the first ends. It might also run into technical problems--I don't know if the game's code base can handle a base being attacked by two people simultaneously.

Simply not an issue. trophies would be awarded as soon as one side surrenders.

the second point is interesting, and maybe why they haven't done the surrender. although main base has this possibility in legends league so the problem is not insurmountable.

Hmmm.... I'm hearing you guys and a lot of people seem to be saying waiting is a viable strategy. Maybe I'm not high enough in trophies yet to understand this yet. I'm still only Builder Hall 6. I play more casually.

How about the photo of the preparation screen? Wouldn't that help? The player has 1min or 30 sec to choose a strategy then once both players click the 'ready' button their troops are locked in and the match begins. So they cannot switch to different troops at that point. And they can only start their attack once both players click 'ready'.
    I would much rather wait in the beginning a bit for the player to get prepared rather than at the end when i know i've lost and i just want the match to end already.

As for trophy droppers, how about rewarding players for having high trophy levels. I know you get more loot already. But how about as your builder base level rises or even your 'base weight' rises the loot or whatever rewards gained at lower trophy levels begins to drop significantly. Like the rewards drop by 50% or more, or something that makes it not worth it to trophy drop. Like there is a predetermined range for each base level or weight level.
    For example: builder base 6 -- the lowest trophies you can have before noticing a HUGE drop in rewards is (just for example)1900(or whatever is fair) and builder base 7 the lowest you can drop before HUGE decreases in rewards is 2200(or whatever is fair). and obviously it would work in reverse. The higher trophies you get with a weaker base you will get a huge bonus increase in rewards.
    I’m not against the “surrender” button alone. It would be a way to inform opponent that he won already, and may end the match if he wants to. It could potentially save both mine and his CT boost time.

I’m against knowing opponent percentage, ready button, etc. “surrender”, in its turn, would be a great addition with no drawbacks imo. About trophy droppers, it’s better that they do it fast without disturbing the rest of the player base. People really don’t drop trophies for rewards, they drop them generally to finish clan games faster (easier to get more percentage/stars for BB challenges)
    Last edited by RagnarFurias; 1 Week Ago at 10:29 PM.
    Nothing here stays the same forever. You must learn to change as the game changes, or clash will force you one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by RagnarFurias View Post
    I’m against knowing opponent percentage, ready button, etc.
    How come?
    People really don’t drop trophies for rewards, they drop them generally to finish clan games faster (easier to get more percentage/stars for BB challenges)
    Then maybe have it so you can only complete BB challenges if your trophy is within your bases normal trophy range. If too low it won't count. IMO clan games points are easy to build up so that requirement wouldn't be that big of a deal.
    Last edited by ezzypixel; 1 Week Ago at 10:39 PM.

Centennial Club
    Why not hide percentage info and just do a VICTORY! banner on top of the screen when whoever is the last to be attacking beats the opponents score? Might limit those who’d sit back and troll the system of seeing how the opponent is doing before they do their attack.

Quote Originally Posted by exeljb View Post
    Why not hide percentage info and just do a VICTORY! banner on top of the screen when whoever is the last to be attacking beats the opponents score? Might limit those who’d sit back and troll the system of seeing how the opponent is doing before they do their attack.
    That works too. I think that would definitely be a good solution to speeding up wait time between battles. I know I already won so may as well end the match.

I do still think it would be fun to see the score during the match. To give battles more of a head to head feeling. Even if opponents do the "waiting" tactic it would still be fun cause you still have that me vs you feeling throughout the match. It's the waiting for my opponent to finish his attack because he doesn't know that he has already won or lost that i don't like.
    Last edited by ezzypixel; 5 Days Ago at 08:21 PM.

That works too. I think that would definitely be a good solution to speeding up wait time between battles. I know I already won so may as well end the match. That's definitely a good idea.

I do still think it would be fun to see the score during the match. To give battles more of a head to head feeling. Even if opponents do the "waiting" tactic it would still be fun cause you still have that me vs you feeling throughout the match. It's the waiting for my opponent to finish his attack because he doesn't know that he has already won or lost that i don't like.
    Just a thought. Maybe your opponent doesn't care? I'm finishing my attack regardless. That may mean dropping surgical minions to pick off buildings or watching my Pekkas work around the perimeter finishing off The junk. Win or lose, I built that army and it will get fully used. I couldn't care less whether you or I are on boost. Or for the more troll minded, I know you won. Just out of being a pain in the donkey, I'm now going to save that last unit until the last second.

A second thought. From personal experience. When winning, keep em rolling is the feeling. When losing, losses tend to snowball when back to back quickly. That minute or two can help you take a breath.

Last, its 3.5 minutes max. If not on clock boost, that isnt enough to rebuild my troops and BM. Get past bh6. It's not a big issue.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22