Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simple Ideas to make builder base more fun

Simple Ideas to make builder base more fun

Edit: Trimmed the text to make it easier to read and more to the point.

(Photo versions of these ideas!)

Hi. I enjoy builder base, but as I play I feel there are some things that could be improved. So here is what I feel could be improved and some ideas that come to mind when I play that might make builder battles more fun.

First the main issue for me that takes away from the fun is the waiting(At least during clock tower boost which is the only time i play builder base).
    Another thing is that it's kind of boring watching your opponent sometimes especially if you already lost. It's kinda like your just waiting for his attack to be over.
    So here are my ideas that would make builder battles more enjoyable.

1)During a match, both players stars and damage % are visible and updated real time.
    I think this will allow the players to be more engaged in the match and make it feel more like a live versus match happening in real time sort of like clash royale. It adds suspense, engagement, and excitement and makes you focus more on whether you can top your opponents score instead of like just waiting for the attack to be finished, not knowing whether your winning or losing. It may seem like a small addition but I think this could really add to the overall battle experience in general.

2) You can surrender during a match, and that allows you to enter into a new match. Probably only allow surrendering after at least one player finishes their attack to prevent it from being abused.
    This is just so, you know, if you lost you can move on instead of being bored waiting. You automatically lose the match but you can move on. Also the player who did not surrender can still finish their attack to get more stars or damage for clan games if he/she chooses.

Anyway thanks Supercell for making great games, even if these ideas don't get implemented I still really love your games and they have provided me with hours of fun and enjoyment. Much appreciation here and I hope your games continue to keep getting better and better!
    Last edited by ezzypixel; August 29th, 2019 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Updated text

1. This would lead to a game of chicken and would actually make matches last the full 3 minutes. All I have to do is sit back and wait for my opponent to attack first and see how he did. Then I'll start attacking to see how much effort I need to put in to destroy the base. This idea doesn't solve anything and would make the problem more prevalent.

2. This one actually is pretty good. I'd support it
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH12 | BK 51 | AQ 53 | GW 20 |

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    1. This would lead to a game of chicken and would actually make matches last the full 3 minutes. All I have to do is sit back and wait for my opponent to attack first and see how he did. Then I'll start attacking to see how much effort I need to put in to destroy the base. This idea doesn't solve anything and would make the problem more prevalent.
    Hmmm.... I think I can see how that would happen. How about during the 1 minute preparation, both players are required to click 'start match' or 'ready!' in order for the match to begin and the 3 minute countdown to appear. That way if you decide to play chicken you will force yourself into a time disadvantage. I think that will discourage players from doing that.

edit: And besides I think it's kind of boring to wait. You can only see their percentage after all and not their actual attack, at least until you finish your attack. I think most players would not play chicken as that sounds pretty boring. Doubly so if the start match button were to be implemented.
    Last edited by ezzypixel; August 13th, 2019 at 07:38 PM.

The biggest problem with your second suggestion is that you don't have an accurate trophy count to base the second match on until the first ends. It might also run into technical problems--I don't know if the game's code base can handle a base being attacked by two people simultaneously.

The first suggestion might also be impossible, unless the game can pull from an attack in progress on another client, which would also make the game more data intensive, since your device would constantly be asking the server about the state of the other attack.
    Last edited by themariofan; August 13th, 2019 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by themariofan View Post
    The biggest problem with your second suggestion is that you don't have an accurate trophy count to base the second match on until the first ends. It might also run into technical problems--I don't know if the game's code base can handle a base being attacked by two people simultaneously.
    I'm not a coder, but in theory you could just have the trophies immediately be subtracted from the player the moment he clicks surrender. So I don't think there's a problem with that.

And the players could just be attacking like an instance or copy of their opponents base.
    Like for example, currently, if i finish the match early, I can go look at my builder base and it's not damaged. But if I go back to watch my opponent he is destroying my base. So he is sort of just attacking a copy of my base. I don't think there is a need for them to be linked any longer, in theory. He can just continue to attack the instance of my base while i move on to another opponent.

The first suggestion might also be impossible, unless the game can pull from an attack in progress on another client, which would also make the game more data intensive, since your device would constantly be asking the server about the state of the other attack
    Again I'm not a coder, but once the player surrenders he would, in theory, just leave the match and no longer be connected to his opponent. I don't know much about servers asking for states, but if that's the case maybe it would be possible to to just have the players log register the match as "surrendered" and only list the opponents % at the point which he surrendered and no longer require an update of his opponents status. They are essentially unlinked by that point the moment the surrender button is clicked.

I also hate waiting when my troops are ready, but those suggestions wouldn’t make the game better imo:
    - since many strategies don’t required 3 mins, people would start holding their attacks till opponent has finished theirs to then decide what they’re gonna do
    - losing opponents might hold that last archer till the last second ( in case they’re not boosted) just to annoy you. Since you won’t surrender for not losing the match, you’ll have to wait

In fact I really don’t mind waiting for opponent to finish their attack unless I’m CT boosted. I think a solution involving not wasting CT boost time when waiting for opponent would be more effective.
    Last edited by RagnarFurias; August 13th, 2019 at 11:11 PM.
    Nothing here stays the same forever. You must learn to change as the game changes, or clash will force you one way or another.

It’s beyond help. You collect gems. You attack. You win some you think you should lose. You lose some you think you should win. You tie more than seems statistically probable. It’s a hoot.
    \\\\\ TH12 - JAMESTOWN #28JUUQOPQ TH12 - MASTER MASON #PUQJR29V /////

Quote Originally Posted by RagnarFurias View Post
    I also hate waiting when my troops are ready, but those suggestions wouldn’t make the game better imo:
    - since many strategies don’t required 3 mins, people would start holding their attacks till opponent has finished theirs to then decide what they’re gonna do
    I don't think people would wait. Not only are you wasting your own time but it doesn't give you any strategic value whatsoever.
    - losing opponents might hold that last archer till the last second ( in case they’re not boosted) just to annoy you. Since you won’t surrender for not losing the match, you’ll have to wait
    Again, the player doing that will be wasting their own time. I don't think anyone would do that.
    Last edited by ezzypixel; August 14th, 2019 at 03:01 AM.

Forum Legend
    3 minutes 30 seconds not that long
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Here are some screen edits I made in Gimp to illustrate my ideas!

So here is what I mean by letting players see the score. It seems like a small addition but I think it could add more fun to battles.

Having the ability to surrender could help players move on to a new match if they have the clock tower boost and also cut down on waiting times, especially when the victor is already clear. The player who did not surrender can continue to earn stars or damage% for clan games, or just click the button to end the match.

This last photo could be a preparation screen before the start of a match. It could be 30secs if 1min is too long. This makes it so people can start a match at the same time. Once both players have clicked ready they cannot change their troops and the match begins.
    Last edited by ezzypixel; August 29th, 2019 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Updated Text