Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What’s the timeframe on BM glitch fixes?

What’s the timeframe on BM glitch fixes?

How long for the glitch fixes on Battle Machine?

Forum Legend
    Which glitches? I think SC considered them "features" at this point.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Forum Elder
    These glitches have been there since day 1. I'm thinking the timeframe is never.

Granted, the Battle Machine does not always behave as we would like it to, but as far as I myself am aware, it behaves as intended, and designed. So then, what "gliches"? You may be correct, that it is that I am simply not aware of any reported "glitches".
    Last edited by rowman; 1 Week Ago at 06:58 PM.

I love it when my BM walks past a crusher to hammer on some other building while the crusher hammers on him.

Pro Member
    Unfortunately it's no longer a "glitch". The Bm follows what i believe is called the "rule of 3", meaning after achieving a certain task (beating down a wall, finishing a defense etc) it will evaluate the 3 closest defenses by line of sight. Of course what is closest by line of sight might not necessarily be the closest defense it can hit coz walls.

I believe the ai is the same in home village too, but more starkly visible as glitchy behavior in bb due to the relatively smaller size.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Granted, the Battle Machine does not always behave as we would like it to, but as far as I myself am aware, it behaves as intended, and designed. So then, what "gliches"? You may be correct, that it is that I am simply not aware of any reported "glitches".
    I guess then the correct question is why is this intended and designed. Why the same rule of 3 that is in affect for the MV the same rule for the BB? Base designs are extremely limited due to wall segments and overall defensive structure design and this makes crazy maddening frustrating pathing for the BM and other troops.

I hardly ever have frustrating moments in the MV due to the rule of 3 but have them on a daily basis in the BB. How many times has everyone watched their BM walk to his death because he walks around a wall segment thru the teeth of the defense? Should he really be prioritizing something on the other side of the wall because its 1 square closer than something that is NOT on the other side of the wall??

Last night i had 3 pekkas walk around a wall 3 times chasing guard post troops. Back and forth, 3 times. I lost all 3 by the time they killed all 5 guard post troops. You can only say "oh well" so many times before i scream BLEEP THIS and turn it off.

I agree it’s a glitch since it’s not consistent from a user perspective. Sometimes it hits the nearest target, sometimes it doesn’t. We shouldn’t have to understand the rule of 3 to play the game.

And I consider this a pretty bad algorithm for BM in the builder base for the reasons already stated by others in this thread. I’d say this could probably be fixed in a week by the dev team, but I don’t believe they’ll have it as a priority anytime soon.
    Nothing here stays the same forever. You must learn to change as the game changes, or clash will force you one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by RagnarFurias View Post
    I agree it’s a glitch since it’s not consistent from a user perspective. Sometimes it hits the nearest target, sometimes it doesn’t. We shouldn’t have to understand the rule of 3 to play the game.
    tobe a good attacker you should how targetting works.

I’d say this could probably be fixed in a week by the dev team,
    it took over one year (after the first fail of rule of 5) to implement a new ai. this was particulary reverted due to some bugs and took months to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Soo it's intended to:

1) Hit it's closest structure in one attack

2) Destroy the closest structure, avoid the next 7 and attack a crusher in a second attack

3) Destroy the closest structure, walk past the crusher and attack the building behind it while being under the crusher radius in a third attack

4) And attack a wall, have a guard post troop interfere but not move position and then walk away from the current wall and attack a fresh one two tiles away in the same compartment.

So basically it's intended to not follow any logical sequence? lol

Kind also convinced that it attacks different structures based on when it does and doesn't have it's ability activated but thats just me I suppose.
    Last edited by rsid97; 2 Days Ago at 11:38 AM.