Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I really donít understand the valley clouds

Centennial Club

I really donít understand the valley clouds

Is there a purpose for these, are we supposed to stay away from the clouds?

Or are we supposed to go into the clouds to open more of the game board.

Hay Day has really confused us .....

Definitely explore the clouds if you could afford fuel. It uncover more building with a possibility of high tokens reward order that you can complete without waiting 4h.

Beside the migraine inducing effect and opacity at 255, cloud is part of some mecanism of Valley. How? Hay Day hasn't told, we are still guessing.

In case you are interested, there are links to pic & video of full Valley without clouds in the Valley - Basic rules thread.

Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    Definitely explore the clouds if you could afford fuel. It uncover more building with a possibility of high tokens reward order that you can complete without waiting 4h.

Beside the migraine inducing effect and opacity at 255, cloud is part of some mecanism of Valley. How? Hay Day hasn't told, we are still guessing.

In case you are interested, there are links to pic & video of full Valley without clouds in the Valley - Basic rules thread.
    can you explain more about this ? Are you saying once you get out of the usual perimeter the tokens amounts increase for certain buildings ? Or that they refresh faster than 4 hours ? How do you know this ? Which direction have you gone? The map photo from ting indicates the thing is actually huge but the buildings seem far away from each other in the bottom half.....

we have got all 100 chickens already so I was thinking of spending the next 14 days going on a journey to collect as many tokens as I can (I’m lucky to have 5 permits to buy and still want the valley train) - curious if I’ll do better with tokens going off the beaten path so to speak

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark10 View Post
    can you explain more about this ? Are you saying once you get out of the usual perimeter the tokens amounts increase for certain buildings ? Or that they refresh faster than 4 hours ? How do you know this ? Which direction have you gone? The map photo from ting indicates the thing is actually huge but the buildings seem far away from each other in the bottom half.....

we have got all 100 chickens already so I was thinking of spending the next 14 days going on a journey to collect as many tokens as I can (Iím lucky to have 5 permits to buy and still want the valley train) - curious if Iíll do better with tokens going off the beaten path so to speak
    Sorry I confused you, I'll try to word it better this time.

What I mean is the cloud covers the building that are "too far away" (more than 5 stops) that could offer a various amount of token (no assurance it offer higher amount of token). Once the truck comes closer (within 5 stops), the building will let you see what is asked for instantly. I can then choose whether to pursue or wait or adjust my itinerary.

The refresh time is still 4 hour upon completion. If I have enough fuel and no particular building to visit, I would prefer going to the next building which offers decent amount of token (for me it's mean 28-30 tokens per request) rather than waiting for a new request to come. My tip is to move 1 stop at a time, it brings building request into view and tap on the stop to "drive there" instead of tapping on the building in case the building stop is not at the road level.

Once I have completed a request at a building, cloud seems to stay out of its way over that building. Maybe that's how we "clear the map" ? It will help to plan the path next time I need to go to a particular building.

My only understanding of the clouds is apparently the valley uses a significant amount of processing power and it would severely tax older devices when visiting. I remember Nick saying something along the lines of the valley being a processing power hog. I think the clouds helps alleviate the processing power needed to be in the valley by hiding most of the graphics behind the clouds.

That being said, I too, find them rather annoying.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1 View Post
    My only understanding of the clouds is apparently the valley uses a significant amount of processing power and it would severely tax older devices when visiting. I remember Nick saying something along the lines of the valley being a processing power hog. I think the clouds helps alleviate the processing power needed to be in the valley by hiding most of the graphics behind the clouds...
    Fascinating. Thank you Spartan1 for reminding me about Nick's post and adding your insight.

So the creeping clouds serve another purpose besides annoying me sometimes.

---
    Lynn
    August 13, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; August 13th, 2019 at 07:11 PM.
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

Centennial Club
    But I don’t understand why they made it so large.

They really should cut it into 4 parts and then just use 1 part each valley season.

Why make the board massive and then just cover it with clouds ?

Since it it looks like we will get all the chickens think I will just wander down, down the board and see if tokens are better
    lower on the board. I will be going rogue from all the other players........

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Npflbowden View Post
    But I donít understand why they made it so large.

They really should cut it into 4 parts and then just use 1 part each valley season.

Since it it looks like we will get all the chickens think I will just wander down, down the board and see if tokens are better
    lower on the board. I will be going rogue from all the other players........
    When the valley first came out I mentioned the size. I still feel it is WAY to massive to be enjoyable. But that isn't the reason for my post.
    Do not wander too far from other players, I am clear across the board right now and have had the "fix broken truck" task three times. I should say I failed the "fix broken truck" task 3 times.
    Last edited by Hayfield; August 14th, 2019 at 12:46 AM.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by Npflbowden View Post
    But I don’t understand why they made it so large.

I'm speculating Team Hay Day made the valley so large to tempt us to explore it. I did just that in the trial period and realized that it isn't an exploration game because the damned clouds crept in to cover the areas which I previously explored and my precious fuel was wasted.

So I adopted the strategy of traveling back and forth in an area where I'm familiar where the Windmill, Veggie Shop, Fish Shop, and the Black Roof Building are in relation to my truck. I'd like to finish most of my Daily Quests using as little fuel as possible.

---
    Lynn
    August 13, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; August 14th, 2019 at 05:27 AM.
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    I'm speculating Team Hay Day made the valley so large to tempt us to explore it. I did just that in the trial period and realized that it isn't an exploration game because the damned clouds crept in to cover the areas which I previously explored and my precious fuel was wasted.

So I adopted the strategy of traveling back and forth in an area where I'm familiar where the Windmill, Veggie Shop, Fish Shop, and the Black Roof Building are in relation to my truck. I'd like to finish most of my Daily Quests using as little fuel as possible.

---
    Lynn
    August 13, 2019
    I think that’s a great strategy.

I don’t understand the whole “exploration” idea, because from what I’ve seen, all the areas of the Valley look pretty much the same. The houses may be different colors, but I haven’t seen any unusual or interesting features in different areas that make me want to look around. And in general, I find the Valley graphics unappealing (compared to the rest of Hay Day), so I don’t see the purpose of “exploring” such a bland, monotonous place.