Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why do you think SC introduced the 6th builder? Are builder base players that few?

Forum Elder
    I dont understand the constant conspiracy theory when it comes to the BB. If you don't like the BB then most people don't like the BB and there must be nefarious reasons for this and that.

Forum Legend
    It was a compromise between adding a sixth builder on home village and second builder on builder base. I can’t understand the backlash that OTTO gets.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    It was a compromise between adding a sixth builder on home village and second builder on builder base. I can’t understand the backlash that OTTO gets.
    My main gripe, on release, was that the "company line" on Builder Base, for YEARS was

"If you don't like it, don't play it then. You're not disadvantaged in anyway." (and that was totally true)

overnight that changed to...

"Oh well, if you haven't been at least plodding along with builder base, then look forward to a really long boring grind to get something you want for the main village."

So not really a problem with OTTO itself, just with that shift.

That's the gripe many many others had as well.
    Last edited by PhilISuppose; August 12th, 2019 at 11:45 PM.

Your brilliant new idea is already ruled out, here. Why CWL is straight after Season Pass ends, here.
    There's no matchmaking in CWL. Contact support, here, forum players can't always help.
    Current trader cycle. Before posting, are you just feeding the troll?

Forum Legend
    ^I've heard that gripe repeated often but as has been pointed out you don't "need" a 6th builder and the "advantage" of the extra building of otto on a war base will likely make a difference in about 1 out of every 1,000 war attacks.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Limits like fear are often just an illusion
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHowlet View Post
    I dont understand the constant conspiracy theory when it comes to the BB. If you don't like the BB then most people don't like the BB and there must be nefarious reasons for this and that.
    The opposite can also be said.
    If you like the BB then most people like the BB.
    I can’t understand the backlash that OTTO gets.
    Backlash is because there are many who don't like BB as you do and feel they are forced to play BB to get 6th builder.

^I've heard that gripe repeated often but as has been pointed out you don't "need" a 6th builder and the "advantage" of the extra building of otto on a war base will likely make a difference in about 1 out of every 1,000 war attacks.
    Well,6th builder will boost one's progress by 20%.Nowadays with CWL,progress matters a lot.
    I would love to see some legit data showing how many players are unable to keep all their builder busy.As far as I have seen in my family of clans or on forums,players are full of loot waiting for builders to get free and can easily manage a 6th builder.

Forum Legend
    SuperCell is allowed to change their mind for the good of the game.

More player playing both Builder Base and Main Village is just good business.

Do we need a 2nd builder on Builder Base?

No, itís painful enough to attack with ONE defense down. I donít put a second one down untill AFTER I have won 3 times and there is less than 36 hours till the other defense is done.

Do we need a 6th builder on Main Village?

No, itís really not needed BUT, an active new TH10 who has just fulfilled the last OTTO requirement, the multi mortar, might enjoy having the extra flexibility of a 6th Builder. The coming generation of th10s might zip through the higher thís a bit faster.

One thing is for certain, people canít deny that there isnít a carrot at the end of the stick, for playing Builder Base, prodding along while playing the other parts of the game.

It is a carrot at the end of the stick, because SuperCell knows that using the stick would lead to nowhere.

The 6th or 2nd builder isnít a huge advantage and it has been idle on my base, for most of the time Iíve had it :-)

The use case really is: slight overlap on BB builds so that fighting with 2 defenses down never occurs. Occational wall building on main.

BUT, my base is maxed, and things will certainly look different for lower thís who HAVE played BB as part of their game.

/Affront

Never said anythimg about war
    That was always a ludicrous claim in my opinion
    For the 1/1000 where having an OTTO hut is an advantage in war, 1/1000 it will be a disadvantage

A 6TH builder just is an advantage.
    I will definitely be maxed quicker when TH13 hits with 6 builders rather than 5
    I'll beat other new TH13s with 5 builders, that's for sure.

Not saying they can't change things, just saying that the change is what caused frustration. So many times when BH came out and people said it was awful, they just got told to not play it then.
    (Frankly it's still as awful as it was before, playing it for 6 weeks to get my OTTO hasn't convinced me otherwise. If they thought this would convert people to play builder base, I reckon they were wrong)
    Last edited by PhilISuppose; August 12th, 2019 at 08:18 PM.

Your brilliant new idea is already ruled out, here. Why CWL is straight after Season Pass ends, here.
    There's no matchmaking in CWL. Contact support, here, forum players can't always help.
    Current trader cycle. Before posting, are you just feeding the troll?

Forum Legend
    @affront yes attacking with 2 defenses down can be difficult. I attacked my first base yesterday that had 2 defenses down and was fairly easy 100%.

I look forward to upgrading both the hog glider barrack and gem mine though once I do get otto. Just waiting a could days for the free hero book from silver to do BM30.

After that i suspect like you Otto will be mostly dormant until I get to upgrading traps.

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    The 6th or 2nd builder isnít a huge advantage and it has been idle on my base, for most of the time Iíve had it :-)
    Idc about 2nd builder on BB but 6th builder will a huge advantage once TH13 lands.Those with 6th builder will have a base that's 20% more progressed in CWL.
    Also faster progression means stronger base in Legends league.