Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: More truck break-downs this Season

  1. #1

    More truck break-downs this Season

    My truck just broke down for the 4th time in 6 days. Iím so annoyed! It keeps messing up my careful plans about which buildings to visit, because the orders expire before my truck is repaired. Just now it cost me 4 daily quests that Iíd planned to complete in time, but which will now expire before the 2-hour repair time is up. Iíve also lost out on chickens for the same reason.

    This is way more break-downs than I had last Season. I donít know if I was lucky last Seasonóor unlucky this timeóor whether SC has increased the number of break-downs. Are other people having this many break-downsóand has the frequency changed since last Season?

    In my opinion the truck break-downs are the worst part of the Valley, and having them almost every day is beyond annoying. Iím really fed up with this. Hay Day is supposed to be about planning and resource management, but I canít do that effectively when my truck keeps breaking down. I usually take Hay Day annoyances in my stride, but at the moment I feel like deleting the whole game. (Of course I wonít, but that was my first impulse after the latest break-down.)

  2. #2
    I agree that the truck break downs are a "feature" I could do without. SC planned that we would help each other with them, but mine are never fixed by anyone and when I get the task to fix someone's truck, there is never one broken down in my valley.
    I do not intend to delete the game, but it has slowed down my desire to play the valley

  3. #3
    Forum All-Star MiniGardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    ...pruning my topiaries!
    Posts
    4,120
    There is no need for the truck breakdowns. They are antithetical to everything else about Hay Day. (Nothing dies in Hay Day.) There are enough other things in the valley that slow down your progress without the breakdowns.

    I did manage to repair someoneís truck out of the goodness of my heart. It wasnít a quest for me and it wasnít a neighborís truck. The discouraging part was that hours later the truck Iíd repaired was still sitting in the same place, so my use of gas to get to the truck was a waste. Also, since the truck was initially in the clouds and roads donít always go where I think they will, I had to guess at which route would require the least gas.

    I also have a panic attack every time my truck stops in a cloud of dust to pick up some treat left at the side of the road. The graphics are too much like a breakdown.
    Last edited by MiniGardener; August 12th, 2019 at 03:54 AM.

    Farm Level 125 | Town 40 | Achievements 143/144

  4. #4
    WussyPuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Richmond, BC Canada
    Posts
    5,856
    I have had only one truck break down. The repair time seems a little shorter? Regardless, they put a quick and unneeded halt to my valley time

    i repaired a hoodies truck for 12 gas and they did not pick it up again that evening

    i just spent all of my 32 gas because I have one daily task left...to find a chicken and collect a chicken as a prize. It did not happen. I cannot see a chicken anywhere, except my unaccessible one

    to add to this, I seem to be working towards common rewards like a screw, or bolt or plank and premium rewards like puzzle pieces for my long completed sanctuary. I am totally missing the purpose of the valley
    Last edited by WussyPuss; August 12th, 2019 at 06:16 AM.
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

    Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    There is no need for the truck breakdowns. They are antithetical to everything else about Hay Day. (Nothing dies in Hay Day.) There are enough other things in the valley that slow down your progress without the breakdowns.

    I also have a panic attack every time my truck stops in a cloud of dust to pick up some treat left at the side of the road. The graphics are too much like a breakdown.
    Ditto to all of this. I think the main reason the breakdowns bother me so much is exactly what you said—that they’re antithetical to everything else about Hay Day. They go against the spirit of the game, and that just makes them seem wrong to me.

    And there really need to be completely different graphics for the treats in the road, because they make me panic too. I think it says a lot about the truck breakdowns that the lookalike-breakdowns cause panic attacks in this supposedly stress-free Valley.

  6. #6
    Forum Superstar LynnK2015's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Posts
    3,906
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    There is no need for the truck breakdowns. They are antithetical to everything else about Hay Day. (Nothing dies in Hay Day.) There are enough other things in the valley that slow down your progress without the breakdowns...
    Antithetical? I disagree because I see the truck breakdowns as a new roadblock designed by the developers for us to overcome. The Valley would become boring quickly if I was just managing my fuel supply and planning my trip in the Valley to complete the Daily Quests. The possibility of truck breakdowns is a monkey wrench trying to throw off my timing and management skills.

    There are forumites who are derby enthusiasts who plan so well that they completed the derby within a few days. It will be fascinating to see how these types of players adapt to the truck breakdowns if they play the Valley. I'm speculating that they will see it as another challenge to overcome.

    ---
    Lynn
    August 11, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; August 12th, 2019 at 06:38 AM.
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Antithetical? I disagree because I see the truck breakdowns as a new roadblock designed by the developers for us to overcome. The Valley would become boring quickly if I was just managing my fuel supply and planning my trip in the Valley to complete the Daily Quests. The possibility of truck breakdowns is a monkey wrench trying to throw off my timing and management skills.

    There are forumites who are derby enthusiasts who plan so well that they completed the derby within a few days. It will be fascinating to see how these types of players adapt to the truck breakdowns if they play the Valley. I'm speculating that they will see it as another challenge to overcome.

    ---
    Lynn
    August 11, 2019
    I respectfully disagree. Hay Day has plenty of challenges, but not intentional disasters. When we’re feeding our farm animals, we don’t get a message saying, “Oops, your pig has developed swine fever, lost its appetite, and can’t eat now. Try again in two hours.” When we’re filling boat crates, we don’t get a message saying, “Oops, your boat has been hit by lightning, the crates are on fire and can’t be filled now. Try again in two hours.”

    In the town, the personal train requires regular “maintenance,” but it’s predictable, and you can plan for it. I consider it a kind of roadblock, but it’s really different in spirit than a random breakdown. I wouldn’t mind if the Valley trucks had a scheduled 2-hour maintenance every day, but I think the random breakdowns go against the spirit of the game.

    For what it’s worth, I’m one of the people who does a lot of planning for the derby, and I usually finish quickly. Before all the new types of derbies started, I had a successful strategy for playing the regular derbies. Some of the new derbies threw a monkey wrench into that, because they require a different approach. But I’m fine with that, I’ve adapted, and I’ve learned new strategies for the different types of derbies.

    In my opinion the truck breakdowns are completely different. I see them as destructive, rather than a challenge. To me, a challenge is something I can work to overcome, but there’s nothing I can do about a broken truck except wait two hours—or spend diamonds to “fix” it. Neither of those is a strategy, just an annoyance.

    Frankly, I think the main purpose of the truck breakdowns is to encourage diamond-spending. While I realize that diamond-spending is necessary to keep the game going, I think there are plenty of ways to encourage it without creating disasters that I consider out of place in a farm game where bad things aren’t supposed to happen (at least not by intention).

  8. #8

    No fix

    My problem with the truck breakdowns are that I can't fix another valley mate's truck. I spend the gas to get there but it's like there is no truck there, just another road stop. It's beyond irritating because when mine breaks down I have no hope that it can even be fixed.

    The other irritating thing are the random "treats". I've already spent gas to travel to a shop and bam, truck stops and I've found a stick of butter. Here's the catch, I have to spend more gas to get to where I was going. Would I have spent any gas to get a stick of butter, no. That's no treat.

    I'm only playing the valley to get scrolls as my hood never completes enough horseshoes in the derby to get any so the valley is my only chance, after I don't need scrolls I'm out of the valley.

  9. #9
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyKat View Post
    My problem with the truck breakdowns are that I can't fix another valley mate's truck. I spend the gas to get there but it's like there is no truck there, just another road stop. It's beyond irritating because when mine breaks down I have no hope that it can even be fixed.

    The other irritating thing are the random "treats". I've already spent gas to travel to a shop and bam, truck stops and I've found a stick of butter. Here's the catch, I have to spend more gas to get to where I was going. Would I have spent any gas to get a stick of butter, no. That's no treat.

    I'm only playing the valley to get scrolls as my hood never completes enough horseshoes in the derby to get any so the valley is my only chance, after I don't need scrolls I'm out of the valley.
    Every time my group members and myself drive to another's truck to repair it, there is no repair option.

    This is an issue we have reported to support since the trial. All they do is give automated replies.

    I've also had my truck drive to the stop I initiated, but before I can click "confirm" a glitch causes my car to double back to the road stop right before it. I then have to spend an additional fuel to get back to the stop I ordered. My neighbors also reported this happened to them. Support asked me to send a screenshot

  10. #10
    Millennial Club BostonGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Top of the world looking down 🌞
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    I have had only one truck break down. The repair time seems a little shorter? Regardless, they put a quick and unneeded halt to my valley time

    i repaired a hoodies truck for 12 gas and they did not pick it up again that evening

    i just spent all of my 32 gas because I have one daily task left...to find a chicken and collect a chicken as a prize. It did not happen. I cannot see a chicken anywhere, except my unaccessible one

    to add to this, I seem to be working towards common rewards like a screw, or bolt or plank and premium rewards like puzzle pieces for my long completed sanctuary. I am totally missing the purpose of the valley
    My main farm has broken down twice. The second time, I sent a baby farm to fix it and it broke down on the way. So I just went to sleep and let the time run on both of them. Still 2 hours on my farms.

    Naturally, another baby farm needs to fix a broken down truck. Of course there isnít one anywhere.😒

    I donít like this truck thing either. Itís pure frustration almost all the time.

    See the thing with the chicken, Wuss? Iím so sorry.☹️ And Iíve learnt to wait a few hours. On 2 of my farms, I check my tasks when the game gives them so I have 24 hours to do them. Then depending on the task, I wait for houses to reset or for chickens to appear. I do not intend to waste fuel like that ever again. Ridiculous. The other farms do what they can. On them, I just play the valley for playing-it sake.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •