Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More truck break-downs this Season

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvHayDay View Post
    I respectfully disagree. Hay Day has plenty of challenges, but not intentional disasters. When we’re feeding our farm animals, we don’t get a message saying, “Oops, your pig has developed swine fever, lost its appetite, and can’t eat now. Try again in two hours.” When we’re filling boat crates, we don’t get a message saying, “Oops, your boat has been hit by lightning, the crates are on fire and can’t be filled now. Try again in two hours.”

In the town, the personal train requires regular “maintenance,” but it’s predictable, and you can plan for it. I consider it a kind of roadblock, but it’s really different in spirit than a random breakdown. I wouldn’t mind if the Valley trucks had a scheduled 2-hour maintenance every day, but I think the random breakdowns go against the spirit of the game.

For what it’s worth, I’m one of the people who does a lot of planning for the derby, and I usually finish quickly. Before all the new types of derbies started, I had a successful strategy for playing the regular derbies. Some of the new derbies threw a monkey wrench into that, because they require a different approach. But I’m fine with that, I’ve adapted, and I’ve learned new strategies for the different types of derbies.

In my opinion the truck breakdowns are completely different. I see them as destructive, rather than a challenge. To me, a challenge is something I can work to overcome, but there’s nothing I can do about a broken truck except wait two hours—or spend diamonds to “fix” it. Neither of those is a strategy, just an annoyance.

Frankly, I think the main purpose of the truck breakdowns is to encourage diamond-spending. While I realize that diamond-spending is necessary to keep the game going, I think there are plenty of ways to encourage it without creating disasters that I consider out of place in a farm game where bad things aren’t supposed to happen (at least not by intention).

Agreed. Mechanical difficulties have never been part of the game before. Personal trains and Production buildings don't break down, so why should our trucks? This is just a cheap trick.

Every time I drive pass a spot I feel relieved my truck did not break down there. Actually I humor the fact that so many players get so emotional over a truck breakdown. While it does dampen your joy a bit, the down time is not for very long and passes quickly. It does not bother me to break down, because I just go back to main part of Hay Day and return to valley later. One can always use that down time to focus on getting suns for fuel spins.
    If you see more truck breakdowns it is probably because there are quests out there to repair a broken truck. The problem with that is a broken truck is not likely to be within a reasonable driving distance. I not going to burn up all my hard earned fuel to get across the valley to repair a truck.

If you go to a spot where a truck that is broken down and unable to repair it, then close your app, reopen the app and return to the valley. You should then be able to tap the truck repair.

Perhaps we should have truck breakdowns a part of the main game also. It would increase the challenge of a derby truck task.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
    My main farm has broken down twice. The second time, I sent a baby farm to fix it and it broke down on the way. So I just went to sleep and let the time run on both of them. Still 2 hours on my farms.

Naturally, another baby farm needs to fix a broken down truck. Of course there isn’t one anywhere.

I don’t like this truck thing either. It’s pure frustration almost all the time.

See the thing with the chicken, Wuss? I’m so sorry.☹️ And I’ve learnt to wait a few hours. On 2 of my farms, I check my tasks when the game gives them so I have 24 hours to do them. Then depending on the task, I wait for houses to reset or for chickens to appear. I do not intend to waste fuel like that ever again. Ridiculous. The other farms do what they can. On them, I just play the valley for playing-it sake.
    Oh, don’t get me wrong! I could have saved the 32 gas, but under my circumstances, I did not care about it. All in all, I knew I would wake up, still not see a chicken and never finish that daily task

i will go to work soon, chickenless, and daily reset will occur
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

A few random points from reading up.

-At the start of the season I was encouraged because we seemed to have a lot more people in the valley than before, spread out in different places, and chickens were seemingly plentiful. The 100 requirement seemed very achievable, and things have been much better overall because of it. (No chickens near me recently, though. Recently, as in the last three or four days, iirc. I don’t really keep track.)

-But the trucks.... Two days in a row I had “repair a truck” as a daily task, and in spite of people near me, there were no trucks to fix. I kept thinking...why am I *wanting someone’s truck to break down? I lost a chicken on my timeline at the top—would have earned it with that task. No luck there.

The valley usually resets for me just an hour or two before I go to bed, so I usually check it then, and if my truck is ok, I can get things done fairly well. If it breaks down and my hoodmate isn’t online and near me with fuel, I just have to wait until tomorrow. If I was heading toward a chicken, a group task, or even a bunch of other vehicles, they’re gone by the time I get back.

-What I do now is to drive one spot at a time. If there are four spaces to the next building, I press “drive here” four times. It might seem annoying but if I break down, I’m not going to lose extra fuel. The lost fuel is adding insult to injury, imo. I can at least prevent that.

I also skip deliveries whenever I can. They almost inevitably ask me to backtrack past where I came from, rather than being a stop along the way to where I was going. I’ve also accepted deliveries and broken down—bye-bye task and fuel.)

-Idk whether breakdowns have a pattern that anyone has figured out yet and whether I’m increasing the likelihood of a breakdown (if it’s based on the number of times you hit “drive” for example, as opposed to a certain number of spaces. Has anyone tried to track that?

-I’ve had the problem with not being able to repair a truck, too. Usually leaving and reopening works, as was said. Took me a while to figure that out. But why does that keep happening? Some of it is probably my wifi, but that’s been better this last week, and when things are running smoothly up to a point, then suddenly something doesn’t register—it’s a tad annoying. If they can do anything on their end to prevent that, I hope they are working on it.

-Agreed about the animation on the roadside stop to pick up something. I thought the very same thing—that my truck had broken down. It can be quite a little jolt if I have the sound on, too, lol.

Thanks for the pretty kitty, Icey!
    You're actually more blind than Soumil, and Soumil is literally more blind than a bat-Rad
    Much convince. Amazing argument. Very believe. Rad town. Cant scum.-NTRP
    why thank you <3 -Rad

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvHayDay View Post
    I respectfully disagree. Hay Day has plenty of challenges, but not intentional disasters. When we’re feeding our farm animals, we don’t get a message saying, “Oops, your pig has developed swine fever, lost its appetite, and can’t eat now. Try again in two hours.” When we’re filling boat crates, we don’t get a message saying, “Oops, your boat has been hit by lightning, the crates are on fire and can’t be filled now. Try again in two hours.”

In the town, the personal train requires regular “maintenance,” but it’s predictable, and you can plan for it. I consider it a kind of roadblock, but it’s really different in spirit than a random breakdown. I wouldn’t mind if the Valley trucks had a scheduled 2-hour maintenance every day, but I think the random breakdowns go against the spirit of the game...

In my opinion the truck breakdowns are completely different. I see them as destructive, rather than a challenge. To me, a challenge is something I can work to overcome, but there’s nothing I can do about a broken truck except wait two hours—or spend diamonds to “fix” it. Neither of those is a strategy, just an annoyance...
    There is a third option to consider. Ask your hoodmates to provide roadside service to repair your truck. I won't do so because I don't want my hoodmates to waste their fuel and try to find me in the large valley obstructed by clouds.

I don't see the truck breakdowns as destructive or a disaster because it will be gone in two hours. It's the twist Nick hinted at in the HD Dairy Blog when he discussed the new feature "taking us on a journey, but with a twist". A destructive disaster is when an intense earthquake rocks my farm followed by a massive tsunami.

---
    Lynn
    August 12, 2019
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    There is a third option to consider. Ask your hoodmates to provide roadside service to repair your truck. I won't do so because I don't want my hoodmates to waste their fuel and try to find me in the large valley obstructed by clouds.

I don't see the truck breakdowns as destructive or a disaster because it will be gone in two hours. It's the twist Nick hinted at in the HD Dairy Blog when he discussed the new feature "taking us on a journey, but with a twist". A destructive disaster is when an intense earthquake rocks my farm followed by a massive tsunami.

---
    Lynn
    August 12, 2019
    I only have one hoodmate, my daughter, who seldom plays. She has never been in the Valley when my truck is broken. So I don’t have hoodmates available for help with my truck.

Maybe “disaster” is too strong a word, but I think “destructive” is appropriate. This may be stretching a bit to make my point, but when “someone” keeps deliberately breaking my truck, I consider that destructive. In real life it would be vandalism, and I don’t think there’s anything else like that in Hay Day.

New Bloke/Chick
    I‘ve only had one breakdown so far, luckily! Two hours mightnt be that long if you play the game all day but if your time is limited it means the end of the valley for that day. Still, I cant complain this time - except (has to be something!) I’ve had at least 3 repair a truck quests so far and I havent seen a broken down truck once this season, not even one that was too far away or when I didnt need them. Could the symbol not be showing up? Then again, after my initial excitement that my valley seemed more active than last season, it all seems to have come to a grinding halt so I guess there’s just no one breaking down. When mine did need to be fixed there were several players within one space of me, wouldnt have cost much fuel to help but no one must have been playing so it’s absolutely impossible to develop a strategy. And pretty unfair if large hoods can, sposed to be all mixed up-be nice if we could communicate with the others, even just a simple msge board

Positive-In my valley, I have never seen a truck break-down this entire valley season. Trucks here just do not break down.

Not so positive-Trucks never move. nobody goes anywhere. Trucks stay parked in the same place days at time. We have caught about 6 chickens this whole valley season.

Centennial Club
    W went days with no truck breakdowns but we have had 6-8 in the last few days, I went and repaired a strangers truck (after force closing so it let me repair it when I got back on) for 5 fuel and got nothing for my trouble or kindness; 2 spots past them my truck broke down. Almost immediately, they went on their way...the opposite direction of my broken down truck. So I guess it is true about no good deed.......

Maybe they could change it to my truck ran out of fuel.....with the request being take 2 fuels to someone in the Valley and in turn you gain a fuel spin for your efforts. That would encourage people to help others whose truck runs out of fuel.

I haven't had any breakdowns this season yet (fingers crossed) whereas last season they seemed to happen nearly every day.

I agree that they are unnecessary and muck things up. I wouldn't mind so much if the whole thing was better designed - i.e. if the truck help actually worked without players having to force close and reload the game, if there was a "truck repaired" notification so the affected player would know their truck had been repaired (because let's face it, without a notification the repair may well go to waste) and if there was a reward for repairing. But as it stands now, this feature is just designed to annoy and I don't get that - as others have said, it seems at odds with everything else that happens in HayDay
    Level 95 - farm started June 2016
    No Town