Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: War search time reset effect match?

As Sharky suggested earlier, the cancellation of war searches and the widening of matching parameters, is almost universally accepted as being a complete myth.

A few years ago, 'we' pushed this exact question on one of the Design team, and the unofficial response (via the mods) was :-

"yes it could help secure a slightly more favourable match but the benefit was hardly worth the effort"

Of course, things could have changed since way back then, but it seems very unlikely.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 15 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Early TH12.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    As Sharky suggested earlier, the cancellation of war searches and the widening of matching parameters, is almost universally accepted as being a complete myth.

A few years ago, 'we' pushed this exact question on one of the Design team, and the unofficial response (via the mods) was :-

"yes it could help secure a slightly more favourable match but the benefit was hardly worth the effort"

Of course, things could have changed since way back then, but it seems very unlikely.
    Agree.. i just had a search with an unusual roster that took over 13 hours to match.
    The result is not looking like anything widened to get that hit.. Is more likely that nothing similar was spinning until then.

I think sometimes people forget we live in different parts of the world, with different time zones.
    So not everybody is starting a search at the same time.. My 13 hours could be my oppositions 5 minute hit.
    I think only stop the search if you want to change something, or the start time becomes unsuitable.

If anything suitable is out there, it will find it, otherwise a change will be needed after time out.
    Long gone and good riddance to the days that wide discrepancies were allowed between two rosters.
    Only exception is with those that spent an age honing their roster, but kudos to them.

I'm going to let my current spin go and see what I get. Running 20 man with th5-th9, hour so far.

Edit - search ran an hour 20. Our mid th9s at the top of our lineup matched 2 th10s, one of which has the 3rd bow and inferno. RIP undefeated streak...
    Last edited by DerpSmash; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:41 PM. Reason: Updating

Quote Originally Posted by DerpSmash View Post
    I'm going to let my current spin go and see what I get. Running 20 man with th5-th9, hour so far.

Edit - search ran an hour 20. Our mid th9s at the top of our lineup matched 2 th10s, one of which has the 3rd bow and inferno. RIP undefeated streak...
    Probably bound to happen with so many perfect ties.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Forum Elder

What does the rest look like?

MMA must be happy.. 1 hour 20 isnt a long time.
    there is likely to be a trade off.. Can they perfect you, or is it top 2, then not much else.

A star on their 1, a couple on their #2, maybe the 3 star if its ruhed and you are looking at possible 57 or 58 stars still... Is that enough?
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:15 PM.

hero levels? how does the middle look? do you have advantages at any th?

it's really hard to determine whether this is any sort of mismatch with the information you provided. my clan sees stuff like this all the time and routinely whip them up one side and down the other. for instance look Kat our current war and war vs super canda. https://cocp.it/clan/UL0Y9G9Y all the 12s in those wars had maxed GT and lvl2+ ea
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:21 AM.