Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: War search time reset effect match?

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    understood

would be nice if we could figure out how much leeway the mm allows at the top based on corresponding offset lower. certainly we've never matched an 8 at the top, but would it be possible? seems to me it should be (maybe a heavily rushed 8), but if not, why? any chance army camps are considered?
    I take a lot of my basics from guys like Major and Sam mate.. They are real clever guys.

My thoughts are anything that adds something material to either defence or offence will have a weight.
    So things like camps, spell factories, and lab will be counted, maybe significantly, due to some sort of multiplier, as they affect army size, spell space, and troop level.

Of course the lab may be wavered, and troop levels counted individually, but that would mean they could be manipulated with potions.
    My argument with myself on that one, is that usually using magic gives a temporary beneficial boost, so individual troop level would make sense in that respect.. If memory serves me correct, the engineers reckon its weighted lab tho.

Another thing I realised is that I spend far too much time thinking and typing, and nowhere near enough time practicing my attacks.

Forum Veteran

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    I take a lot of my basics from guys like Major and Sam mate.. They are real clever guys.

My thoughts are anything that adds something material to either defence or offence will have a weight.
    So things like camps, spell factories, and lab will be counted, maybe significantly, due to some sort of multiplier, as they affect army size, spell space, and troop level.

Of course the lab may be wavered, and troop levels counted individually, but that would mean they could be manipulated with potions.
    My argument with myself on that one, is that usually using magic gives a temporary beneficial boost, so individual troop level would make sense in that respect.. If memory serves me correct, the engineers reckon its weighted lab tho.

Another thing I realised is that I spend far too much time thinking and typing, and nowhere near enough time practicing my attacks.
    Easy fix for that JGD, max TH12. Leaves you all the time you want to practice attacking.

Everything adds weight in different ways, it depends on how you use it that matters. If you really want to understand you could just go on a journey of discovery. I've traveled to many clans when getting to the nuts and bolts, I left our own clan for about a month at one point and regularly experiment with a fairly wide range of bases to choose from.

Terms of quality of the matches doesn't really change much, if at all if a search is taking a long time but if a match is quick then I could add more filler and taking too long means I need less.

5v5 is not really that great of a judge of a match difference since the overall match itself can often vary alot.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Centennial Club
    In my experience, running war search for a long time is the best way to find an even match-up, whereas shortening it either leads to a lopsided matchup in your favour or the other clans favour.

Nate
    Nate II - Th11, LVL 168, Feisty Tigers Co-Leader
    SavageNate Jr. - Th9, LVL 110, Feisty Tigers Leader
    Feisty Tigers - LVL 1 Clan, Unranked, #22GGOG2Y9

Quote Originally Posted by thesavagenate View Post
    In my experience, running war search for a long time is the best way to find an even match-up, whereas shortening it either leads to a lopsided matchup in your favour or the other clans favour.

Nate
    That doesn't seem consistent with the experience of anyone else and would also seem counter to any sort of common sense way for the matchmaker to work. Why would it start off with an uneven match then get more even as time goes on?
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by thesavagenate View Post

Nate
    Hmm.. Either you appear to be running with an unusual roster, or are talking about an old search engine mate.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    Everything adds weight in different ways, it depends on how you use it that matters. If you really want to understand you could just go on a journey of discovery. I've traveled to many clans when getting to the nuts and bolts, I left our own clan for about a month at one point and regularly experiment with a fairly wide range of bases to choose from.

Terms of quality of the matches doesn't really change much, if at all if a search is taking a long time but if a match is quick then I could add more filler and taking too long means I need less.

5v5 is not really that great of a judge of a match difference since the overall match itself can often vary alot.
    I agree mate.. i have seen during the last 5 searches, how fluid bases can remain constant, much like how Sam describes, but only on a small sample size, and with token growth. I am running 10v, and upgrade 1 defence and 1 offence per base per war where resources are available, and the results held true.

I would tend to agree that different things add in different ways.. That is how you optimise mate.. It is what is doing what that interests me, and if those characteristics alter, if used in a different breakdown.
    To be fair to you, you optimise.. have spent years honing your knowledge.. and wont be willing to simply give it all away.. your advantage would be gone.

As to the speed in matching, I would fully agree. It is purely commonality that either finds a match quickly, or you wait.. and either finds a good match, or one where the MMA has to make a few concessions.
    As to using more fillers, I think, that is simply utilising a well constructed roster to shave a little weight from where it counts.. a bit of roster engineering going on.

Travelling.. A good idea mate. I shall be doing that one day.. But I think it will be to learn how to play better, rather than looking at break downs. It is on my radar, but not yet mate.

That 5v5 Tosti is having problems with puzzles me tho.. If the search engine works in a particular way, then war size shouldnt matter.. unless the parameters per account, used to construct the roster, are pretty wide, and the lack of number within the war size doesnt allow for the result to "balance itself out". PS.. I fully realise the search is full roster, but it has to be the parts that are measured.

Forum Veteran
    Hmm.. Either you appear to be running with an unusual roster, or are talking about an old search engine mate.

I agree mate.. i have seen during the last 5 searches, how fluid bases can remain constant, much like how Sam describes, but only on a small sample size, and with token growth. I am running 10v, and upgrade 1 defence and 1 offence per base per war where resources are available, and the results held true.

I would tend to agree that different things add in different ways.. That is how you optimise mate.. It is what is doing what that interests me, and if those characteristics alter, if used in a different breakdown.
    To be fair to you, you optimise.. have spent years honing your knowledge.. and wont be willing to simply give it all away.. your advantage would be gone.

As to the speed in matching, I would fully agree. It is purely commonality that either finds a match quickly, or you wait.. and either finds a good match, or one where the MMA has to make a few concessions.
    As to using more fillers, I think, that is simply utilising a well constructed roster to shave a little weight from where it counts.. a bit of roster engineering going on.

Travelling.. A good idea mate. I shall be doing that one day.. But I think it will be to learn how to play better, rather than looking at break downs. It is on my radar, but not yet mate.

That 5v5 Tosti is having problems with puzzles me tho.. If the search engine works in a particular way, then war size shouldnt matter.. unless the parameters per account, used to construct the roster, are pretty wide, and the lack of number within the war size doesnt allow for the result to "balance itself out". PS.. I fully realise the search is full roster, but it has to be the parts that are measured.
    I agree with Major and Papatroll often said 5v5 matchmaking result is very wide in term of mirror matching, maybe SC loosened the parameter significantly, in 10v and 15v, MM is quite accurate, but as Papatroll always said, the bigger the roster the more forgiving the bottom bases match will be.

So from engineering perspective 5v is too dangerous match is too random to predict

Back to the thread topic, I recommend continue the search, but if u got no match in 2-3 hours, U may change roster and reset, because no available clan with similar roster in the pool, but if u dont have different roster setup to change resetting will make the search much longer
    Last edited by samratulangi; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:00 AM.
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

5v5 tends to be very bad if trying to put together a streak because MM can be a bit loose because you are working with such a limited set of bases. It becomes fairly easy for another clan to hunt you, or match something strong and have a bad war. I'm not sure how many bases we have exactly but I think it is around 120 bases between all the members of both clans and in main clan we are creating a roster from about 50 of them. If knowing what works and having many good bases, you can run different configurations every war.

Generally I would reset search and configuration only if search is taking 5-6 hours because if you haven't found something by then, probably won't find anything. For us it isn't really that the match is going to be better or worse if it takes long (just want war), we have on occasion thrown some oddball rosters by mistake and the results were still good.

As for traveling, you don't like to travel, even visiting with us you only stayed a total of an hour the couple times you came and never joined any of the CWSF wars or CWL invites :P

Sharing information is also hard for me, could maybe use a few more engineers but they are hard to come by and at some point spies become a real issue.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:55 PM.

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    5v5 tends to be very bad if trying to put together a streak because MM can be a bit loose because you are working with such a limited set of bases. It becomes fairly easy for another clan to hunt you, or match something strong and have a bad war
    For what it's worth, in my clan the first 23 wars were all 5v5 with the same roster of 2 th8s, 1 th7, and 2 th6s. In that time we had pretty good matches throughout going 17 wins, 6 perfect ties, and zero losses. This is resetting search time every 30 minutes until a match was found.

Quote Originally Posted by DerpSmash View Post
    For what it's worth, in my clan the first 23 wars were all 5v5 with the same roster of 2 th8s, 1 th7, and 2 th6s. In that time we had pretty good matches throughout going 17 wins, 6 perfect ties, and zero losses. This is resetting search time every 30 minutes until a match was found.
    Do you think it would be a better to match to reset so often?