Thread: Should I upgrade to TH10 and take myself in war?

Unhappy Should I upgrade to TH10 and take myself in war?

Hi, I am a near maxed TH9, with enough loot to go TH10. The problem is, I do 5 vs 5 wars with my two IDs and my friends and I handle the top. I am afraid I will have to battle out TH10s as my equivalents and I'm gonna lose the wars. Need to get outta this fix quick.

If you hold out on building infernos for a while and get your lab going asap, I think you should be fine in terms of opponents in those 5 v 5 wars.

Forum Elder
    5v5 wars are prone to problems anyway, so far as I am told (I never tried 5v).
    Once your hall goes to 10, it is highly possible you will draw a 10 of some description.
    But the hall carries no weight, so anything the opposition would gain, will be lost elsewhere in the roster, since the war draw is full roster.

I would upgrade the cc as soon as possible, simply so you can use siege, which you can visit others to request if you dont carry your own.
    Camp space and extra spell slots also improve your attack, but be aware of becoming too offensively lop sided.
    Upgrade some defence.. Bows and point (arch towers, cannon and tesla) will help offset that offence growth, as well as making your base stronger without too much added weight.
    Traps and bombs also come cheap, weight wise.
    And I always advise to never neglect your walls.. Heroes are always paramount (I learned that one the hard way)

But fear of the unknown will only hamper your growth and improvement.. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    We found that there was a transition period after moving to next hall with our top end, where we lost often, until we adapted.
    It is to be expected, so dont worry about it.
    If you are ready, then deep breath, and go for it.
    It is only a log, which will repair itself in time mate.

If youre really near maxing out th9, you probably pull weak 10s already. Id move up to 10. Also, 5v5 is notorious for handing out uneven matches.

Personally I don't like small wars with the top base standing alone as the highest hall. Whether that is as a near max th9 or a new th10, though, I don't think there is much difference. I wouldn't drop new defenses for a while.
    Last edited by 2222; August 18th, 2019 at 02:31 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

I guess I'll keep my TH9 out until I get the infernos and carry on with my other TH10 or 8 as the top. Preferably I'll take my 8 as most of my war mates have got TH8 and it's quite tough. As for 5 vs 5, I stick with them cuz I don't get mismatched and it was 10 vs 10 which took my clan downhill. Going on with a streak of 4 with only 5 vs 5s and the xp rewarded is almost similar to 10 vs 10. So, not a prob for me. Thanks for suggestions.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry130 View Post
    I guess I'll keep my TH9 out until I get the infernos and carry on with my other TH10 or 8 as the top. Preferably I'll take my 8 as most of my war mates have got TH8 and it's quite tough. As for 5 vs 5, I stick with them cuz I don't get mismatched and it was 10 vs 10 which took my clan downhill. Going on with a streak of 4 with only 5 vs 5s and the xp rewarded is almost similar to 10 vs 10. So, not a prob for me. Thanks for suggestions.
    Seems strange that you can match better with 5 than you can with 10.
    Usually, the bigger the war size, the better it is, since any disparities can be better spread due to the higher number of bases present.

If it is more a case of the opposition being too hard, because you dont have sufficient people whom are efficient at war, then it is understandable.
    I noticed my old clan started doing this since I left.

My rule of thumb is.. You should have sufficient skill as to be able to hit your own base, in order to be an asset in war, and not need to be offensively lop sided in order to achieve this.
    Even though the war is counted and matched using the whole roster, each individual account is used for that count, so each should be capable of holding their own ground.

But good luck Harry.. Go get em

Quote Originally Posted by Harry130 View Post
    If you already have another th10 I don't think it will hurt to add a new th10 to the roster.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.