Thread: CWL Bonus Medal Notification Change Request

CWL Bonus Medal Notification Change Request

Currently at the completion of CWL, leaders award medal bonuses to clan mates. The bonuses are awarded, a message appears in chat, and a message is flashed to the awardees upon their next login to the game.

The problem is that this is the only notification of the award to the player. If a player misses these two notifications because the clan chat scrolled too far and they happened to look away from their screen for the initial message, if they are not personally tracking their totals they may be blissfully (or not) unaware of the award. The CWL end of league message only displays their base medals awarded.

An easy fix for this might be that players awarded the bonus medals could see this on the same end-of-league screen. It’s a simple accountability fix that is needed for tracking and to prevent miscommunication.

I don’t think this needs to be too complicated. It could simply display as “You got rewarded XXX” for those who did not receive the bonus and “You got rewarded XXX + XX” for those who received it. From a leader perspective this would be a massive help. Thanks.

Would be a nice addition,
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Schafkopf View Post
    An easy fix for this might be that players awarded the bonus medals could see this on the same end-of-league screen. It’s a simple accountability fix that is needed for tracking and to prevent miscommunication.

I don’t think this needs to be too complicated. It could simply display as “You got rewarded XXX” for those who did not receive the bonus and “You got rewarded XXX + XX” for those who received it. From a leader perspective this would be a massive help. Thanks.
    Although I do agree with the concept proposed, do not believe that particular screen is the correct place. CWL ends, bonus medals awarded. Once the Clan starts a traditional war, the CWL summary screen is gone.

Maybe an automated clan mail message is generated?
    Last edited by rowman; August 10th, 2019 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Although I do agree with the concept proposed, do not believe that particular screen is the correct place. CWL ends, bonus medals awarded. Once the Clan starts a traditional war, the CWL summary screen is gone.

Perhaps. I think they’re trying to do that with the auto post to clan chat. I agree with your point. I guess i don’t know what the specific answer is, but right now unless your timing is right you may not see it at all, and that needs to change to be reasonably available longer.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Schafkopf View Post
    Perhaps. I think they’re trying to do that with the auto post to clan chat. I agree with your point. I guess i don’t know what the specific answer is, but right now unless your timing is right you may not see it at all, and that needs to change to be reasonably available longer.
    Unfortunately, from experience: when a player is in low leagues, bronze or no-league, mail messages have a bug, where they disappear sometimes before being read.

The only other location displaying medals is in the shop.
    It could be great, as income in that currency only comes from cwl, that:
    - at end of cwl, any gain be notified pn the shop and medal button/tabs, by ‘!’
    - the notification (values) of gains be marked in that shop’s display, somehow, like OP described.

Banned
    If there was a history for CWL, like we could actually see what had happened in the CWL that finished less than 2 days ago, maybe they could put it there?
    CWL having absolutely no history available once you have started a new war when CWL ends is ridiculous.
    Last edited by PhilISuppose; August 10th, 2019 at 06:25 PM.