Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: What Did You Watch Last Night?

I started to watch (mostly listen) Welcome to Night Vale

Knight and Day (pure escapist flick )

Knight And Day - Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDoNfrBlY3o

Last edited by AsYouWish; July 9th, 2020 at 04:47 PM.

An old episode of House MD and half of the Gladiator movie.

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the TRUE emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." Epic!

The Old Guard on Netflix. Based on comic of the same name.

Joined game April, 2014
    Joined Forum Feb, 2016

I watched comedian Bill Engvall’s special “Just Sell Him For Parts”. Here is a clip:

I'm Funny Because of Grandma | Bill Engvall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDEG94ay-DM

That's a title I'd love to keep~ for many reasons!
    Quote Originally Posted by AsYouWish View Post
    I watched comedian Bill Engvall’s special “Just Sell Him For Parts”. Here is a clip:

I'm Funny Because of Grandma | Bill Engvall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDEG94ay-DM

Thanks for sharing this my dear I needed a good laugh today. I've seen him perform several times and he's really funny!

Thank You TerMinus for the awesome sig!

The Martian. Already saw it before, but since it is such a good movie and it was on tv I decided to watch again.

Fresh Spawn
    Person of Interest, now the 3rd time. And I enjoy it again. :-)

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Last night I watched a rerun of "The Menagerie" from Star Trek, The Original Series. It's part one of two episodes and were aired originally by NBC in 1966. Per Wikipedia, "in the episode, Spock abducts his former commander Christopher Pike, locks the Enterprise on a course to the forbidden planet Talos IV and turns himself in for court-martial where he presents an elaborate story explaining his actions."

Some of the material were recycled from an unaired pilot. When Captain Pike spoke to Number One aka the Executive Officer and she looked in the camera, I immediately recognize the actress playing her as Majel Barrett who also played Nurse Chapel in later episodes. Test audience watching the pilot didn't like Number One so NBC told the show's creator to write out her character and commissioned another pilot.

Speaking of the show's creator, although he had an admirable and roseate vision of the future, he didn't believe in monogamous relationships but married twice! People are complicated but still. SMH. While he was married to his first wife, he had affairs with two women whom he later cast in the episode I was watching. One woman revealed the affair in her memoirs published after the death of the show's creator.

---
    Lynn, Casual Clasher, Casual Farmer, and Casual Boomer
    October 18, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; October 18th, 2020 at 09:26 PM.
    Humbly playing my part to recruit new Clashers.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12707285

Fresh Spawn
    I watched an Australian series called: "Mystery Road". The main characters are Aaron Pedersen and Judy Davis.

It's about disappearence from an indigenous boy named Marley Thompson and an outpacker named Reese Dale from an Australien cattle-station.

Aaron Pedersen is playing Jay Swan, who is supposed to help the local police, represented by Judy Davis, who played the local senior sergeant, named Emma James. First she is frustrated by Jay Swan, because he prefers to investigate alone, but later they began to share their findings.

The story goes slowly, but nevertheless it's thrilling.

There are also murders of indigenous people, possession of drugs and ♥♥♥♥. People in town are very uncommunicative, so it's hard for Jay and Emma to investigate the whole thing. But both are dogged and have good instincts.

In the last episode (6) it becomes clear who is really guilty, and this is very surprising, because you would not have suspected him.

What I also appreciate are the wonderful landscape pictures from Australia.

Therefore I can only recommand this series.