Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What Did You Watch Last Night?

Forum Veteran

What Did You Watch Last Night?

I thought I'd get a little thread going for any other cinephiles and movie buffs to talk about what movie or television show you watched recently, and to recommend them to each other!

I'll start: Last night my wife and I watched Love Actually, one of our holiday traditions. It's a British romantic comedy about ten smaller stories of different kinds of love whose characters all cross paths at various times in the weeks leading up to Christmas. It's got a great cast, and it is simultaneously funny, tragic, and heartwarming.

What did you watch last night?
    Proud Member of Rock Lobsters
    Farm LVL 117 Town LVL 38
    Barn 2750 Silo 2450
    134/144 Achievements Complete

Quote Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
    I thought I'd get a little thread going for any other cinephiles and movie buffs to talk about what movie or television show you watched recently, and to recommend them to each other!

I'll start: Last night my wife and I watched Love Actually, one of our holiday traditions. It's a British romantic comedy about ten smaller stories of different kinds of love whose characters all cross paths at various times in the weeks leading up to Christmas. It's got a great cast, and it is simultaneously funny, tragic, and heartwarming.

What did you watch last night?

Oh Cheddar, i watched a movie called 'Unthinkable'. I didnt know what it was about before hand, it was brutal. An excellent movie, but different camp from love Actually. Tonight i must find some soppy, romantic, happy-ending, sentimental movie to counter-balance the heavy, heavy movie last night. Michael Sheen was excellent, but it is a harrowing watch. Fluffy bunnies tonight.

GC ID Judesnz54. / Current lvl 97 / Kik FlowerFarm
    Farm name - Storybrooke Village / Achievements 119/126
    Town name - Spring Haven

We watch a movie nearly every single night, either bluray or 3d (if you haven't got a 3d telly yet, get one because the films are awesome. Get a decent surround sound as well - if I turn the volume past 20, the room shakes, lol.) We are are members of one of those film clubs, and we prefer films to the normal 'telly' these days...

Some great films to watch if you haven't seen them yet: Highly recommended.

The Lone Ranger - A Disney film, but totally not what you would expect. Very funny as well.
    The Life of Pi - Unbelievable cinematography.
    Welcome to the punch - British gangster film.
    Gravity - Brilliant sci fi film.
    Trance - (18+) Another great film by Danny Boyle. Great soundtrack by Emili Sandé, plus pics of the gorgeous Rossario Dawson here http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XnW-8L1TZ4c
    The Hobbit - LOTR fan anyway.. lol.
    Now you see me - A film with a twist about magicians.

Will post up more as I can remember...

John.
    Last edited by BOROYOB; December 29th, 2013 at 07:11 PM.

BOROYOB + FLI-JO
    We trade with only our friends and in our Neighbourhood - We NEVER send or accept ANY challenges.
    >>>>> No offence meant, but our policy is to unfriend persistent heavy shoppers/raiders. <<<<<

I watched nothing last night, but in the past week I've watched:
    - Thor: Dark World
    - Catching Fire
    - Ender's Game
    - Anchorman 2

Forum Veteran
    I was completely blown away by Gravity! I thought it was a real triumph from Alfonso Cuaron. After seeing Children of Men I didn't think he'd be able to top it but with Gravity he really made a one of a kind film. It's a true "experience" in 3D IMAX.

John, I heard the Lone Ranger was a really stinker, but I'm curious what you liked about it? Maybe I shouldn't listen to reviews so much?
    Last edited by CheddarLimbo; December 29th, 2013 at 09:08 PM.
    Farm LVL 117 Town LVL 38
    Barn 2750 Silo 2450

Currently distracting you whilst i steal your loot
    Quote Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
    I was completely blown away by Gravity! I thought it was a real triumph from Alfonso Cuaron. After seeing Children of Men I didn't think he'd be able to top it but with Gravity he really made a one of a kind film. It's a true "experience" in 3D IMAX.
    I might have to go watch it now,i thought it mightn't be that good but if you say its that good then I'll have to give it a try

Level 97 town hall9 !
    How to upload photos from iPad?
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...errerid=374910

Centennial Club
    i watched the champion anderson silva break his leg. heartbroken.
    kik=mizzkitteh13 level 134

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzathegreat View Post
    I might have to go watch it now,i thought it mightn't be that good but if you say its that good then I'll have to give it a try
    Its the kind of movie that shows instead of tells and really give the audience a lot of credit, so you have to pay attention, but it's worth it!
    Farm LVL 117 Town LVL 38
    Barn 2750 Silo 2450

Watched Gravity 3D version at the movies yesterday and Life of Pi today on DVD. Both great movies, although I did wish that she would stop with all the panting in Gravity. She must have totally hyperventilated throughout the making of the movie. Life of Pi was just stunning!

Gravity was awesome!

The last few movies I went to see (I go with my aunt- she likes to have company)

- 12 Years a Slave- based on a true story and history. Very intense and... wow. Heartbreaking- ending was better lol but to watch what actually happened in history was sobering.
    - Book Thief- another based on book- true or not I'm not sure. Set in WWII Germany about a young girl coming of age. Very well done.
    - Prisoners- Suspenseful but some parts were quite intense so to speak and hard to watch. Really shines a light on just how far people will go or what they'll do...
    - Elysium- I really liked this- Sci Fi based movie. Aunt I don't think liked it a WHOLE lot. Somewhat of a clone of Matrix and a few other sci fi movies mashed together to be honest but not bad.

After all that, aunt and I want to see a feel good or animated movie on Tuesday. (we did see Monsters U. and Despicable Me 2 over the summer... loved them both and can't wait to get my hands on DVDs for both)
    GC ID- DeafDucky
    Please note in friend request 'HayDay'
    Level 57
    92/108 goals completed
    No challenges please! I do not send challenges.