Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What Did You Watch Last Night?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BOROYOB View Post
    As it's a Disney film, you think oh, this is going to be really corny and mushy, but it isn't... I'm not really a Johnny Depp fan, but without doubt this is his best part for me as Tonto. There is some great laugh-out-loud scenes, and a few jaw dropping stunts as well, especially the one with the ladder on the train. (Trying not to add spoilers here) I'll be surprised if you see and be disappointed..??

John.
    Love Johnny Depp!! haha

We've watched a few films over the past few days...and the worlds strongest man (mums obsessed with it ♥♥♥♥)

Despicable Me
    Up (absolutely love that film!)
    Inkheart
    Star Wars Episodes 4, 5 and 6
    Love Actually (My favourite film ever!)
    Percy Jackson Sea of Monsters
    Sanctum
    4 Christmases

Love watching films!

Hi everyone, anyway, I haven't been online very much the past few weeks. Glad to be back

Quote Originally Posted by Spanielgirl View Post
    Happy New Year! I am watching one of my favourite films of all time: The Glenn Miller Story, with the sublime James Stewart and June Allyson. Have a permanent grin on my face, though I know there will be tears later.........
    You know what else was on telly in the uk today - "I'm Spartacus" hehe... A classic. One of the best movie scenes ever made is near the end, where all those Roman legions march into the scene to form that chessboard effect.. Absolutely brilliant for it's time... Just imagine trying to do battle scenes like that with films like LOTR, 300, and Troy, etc..

Will be watching 'The Hobbit:The Desolation of Smaug' soon, so will post back..

John.

BOROYOB + FLI-JO
    We trade with only our friends and in our Neighbourhood - We NEVER send or accept ANY challenges.
    >>>>> No offence meant, but our policy is to unfriend persistent heavy shoppers/raiders. <<<<<

I cant believe i missed this thread! And prepare for a windy reply as i critique everyone's movie choices jk

Boroyob, i personally hated the book life of pi and the word hate for a book is something i rarely use! Is the movie worth seeing? Is it the same exact plot as the book?

Recently though ive been tv addicted... Catching up on Lost ❤️❤️ And watching White Collar over and over..

Anyone here watch the newsroom? Has to be one of the greatest tv shows ive ever seen... Season 1 may be the better place to start though as i found season 2 to be ehhh but still 100x better than any other show!

“Learn this from me. Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harm we do, we do to ourselves.”
    Quote Originally Posted by SSofJetlife View Post
    I'm not doing any level 11 walls

Quote Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
    I couldn't ever get into the Vampire Diaries, too much highschool drama. But in a similar vein, may I suggest Lost Girl? Also on Netflix, it's about a woman who discovers she's a succubus (!) and gets all tangled up in the hidden Fae world around her. It is gloriously over the top, campy, monstery, steamy fun.
    It is kind of funny, I sit here thinking often why are they allowed to buy alcohol when they are in high school?

My friend has said I should watch Lost Girl! He really liked it.
    Level 39 61/99 Achievements
    GC/Kik: yourbilletdoux

Quote Originally Posted by Gymgirl4a View Post
    The Book Thief is based a book, a very good one too. I am looking forward to seeing it soon but with some trepidation as the films of books I like are usually nowhere near as good and often changed beyond recognition. I actually read in preference to watching.
    I advise to go- I thought it was very good. To put it in perspective- my aunt (a voracious reader herself) got the book first-- she said she tried to get into it but could only get through the first 100 pages of it. She said the movie was much more riveting to her than the book was. I haven't read the book (I'd borrow it but she gave it to my niece who is in college ad that book is on one of her reading lists I think).

Whether or not it follows the book, I don't know. I know sometimes movies take the book and liberally change it, some don't...
    GC ID- DeafDucky
    Please note in friend request 'HayDay'
    Level 57
    92/108 goals completed
    No challenges please! I do not send challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by DeafDucky View Post
    I advise to go- I thought it was very good. To put it in perspective- my aunt (a voracious reader herself) got the book first-- she said she tried to get into it but could only get through the first 100 pages of it. She said the movie was much more riveting to her than the book was. I haven't read the book (I'd borrow it but she gave it to my niece who is in college ad that book is on one of her reading lists I think).

Whether or not it follows the book, I don't know. I know sometimes movies take the book and liberally change it, some don't...
    Personally it is my favorite book of all time, the author has a more riveting book called the messenger but it is far more umm "adult"😬 the author brilliantly crafted the story at times you felt like Hitler himself was on your tale while at others you thought Death was ready to carry you home... Beautiful book that made me cry more than The Boy in The Striped Pajamas... I'm reading Death be Not Proud now so I'll let you know how hard i cry as for the movie I'm not a fan

• Wasnt from deaths perspective
    • she didnt steal the same way
    • The mom character was poorly portrayed
    • the dad wasnt the angel

“Learn this from me. Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harm we do, we do to ourselves.”
    Quote Originally Posted by SSofJetlife View Post
    I'm not doing any level 11 walls

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger3399 View Post
    I cant believe i missed this thread! And prepare for a windy reply as i critique everyone's movie choices jk
    Boroyob, i personally hated the book life of pi and the word hate for a book is something i rarely use! Is the movie worth seeing? Is it the same exact plot as the book?
    I hardly ever read books now, but films are never the same as what the mind conjures up whilst reading anyway, never will be... A good film for me, is one that remains in your head long after the credits roll, and The life of Pi was one such film.. For days afterwards I was thinking "how did they film that" or "that was amazing" - I can't judge whether you will like the film or not, it's down to personal taste and preferences, but it's one film I would highly recommend watching.

John.

BOROYOB + FLI-JO
    We trade with only our friends and in our Neighbourhood - We NEVER send or accept ANY challenges.
    >>>>> No offence meant, but our policy is to unfriend persistent heavy shoppers/raiders. <<<<<

Forum Veteran
    Finally got to see The Desolation of Smaug today and WOW! I'd heard from several people that it was too long, overwrought, didn't stick to the book well enough, etc, etc, etc... For my part I had a great time with it and my kids really had a blast. I think I enjoyed it more the Unexpected Journey, but I need to watch it a few more times to be sure. There was a LOT going on in this movie and while I would not say the film suffers for it, I know there was a lot I just didn't absorb. It's not a masterpiece, it's not an Oscar winner, but damn if it wasn't a fun ride and another great rip back to Middle Earth!
    Last edited by CheddarLimbo; January 2nd, 2014 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Bombur's Barrel Fighting Style was epic
    Proud Member of Rock Lobsters
    Farm LVL 117 Town LVL 38
    Barn 2750 Silo 2450
    134/144 Achievements Complete

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger3399 View Post
    Personally it is my favorite book of all time, the author has a more riveting book called the messenger but it is far more umm "adult" the author brilliantly crafted the story at times you felt like Hitler himself was on your tale while at others you thought Death was ready to carry you home... Beautiful book that made me cry more than The Boy in The Striped Pajamas... I'm reading Death be Not Proud now so I'll let you know how hard i cry as for the movie I'm not a fan

• Wasnt from deaths perspective
    • she didnt steal the same way
    • The mom character was poorly portrayed
    • the dad wasnt the angel
    Huh... Aunt thought that the mom character was decently portrayed. She did think that the dad character was well acted.

Are any of the books you've mentioned above on ebook format (and free)? Hmm maybe that could be a new thread..lol.
    Death Be not Proud sounds familiar-- I don't know why...
    GC ID- DeafDucky
    Please note in friend request 'HayDay'
    Level 57
    92/108 goals completed
    No challenges please! I do not send challenges.

We watched "The Desolation of Smaug" last night, and have to agree with CheddarLimbo about it not being a masterpiece. I actually thought it was a little bit boring and long winded for such a long film. Maybe I was expecting too much after the awesome LOTR trilogy, with it's epic battle scenes and stunning characters. LOTR fans will no doubt want to see it, my only comment would be don't rush.. Disappointed.

John.

BOROYOB + FLI-JO