Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What Did You Watch Last Night?

Quote Originally Posted by DeafDucky View Post
    Gravity was awesome!

The last few movies I went to see (I go with my aunt- she likes to have company)

- 12 Years a Slave- based on a true story and history. Very intense and... wow. Heartbreaking- ending was better lol but to watch what actually happened in history was sobering.
    - Book Thief- another based on book- true or not I'm not sure. Set in WWII Germany about a young girl coming of age. Very well done.
    - Prisoners- Suspenseful but some parts were quite intense so to speak and hard to watch. Really shines a light on just how far people will go or what they'll do...
    - Elysium- I really liked this- Sci Fi based movie. Aunt I don't think liked it a WHOLE lot. Somewhat of a clone of Matrix and a few other sci fi movies mashed together to be honest but not bad.

After all that, aunt and I want to see a feel good or animated movie on Tuesday. (we did see Monsters U. and Despicable Me 2 over the summer... loved them both and can't wait to get my hands on DVDs for both)
    The Book Thief is based a book, a very good one too. I am looking forward to seeing it soon but with some trepidation as the films of books I like are usually nowhere near as good and often changed beyond recognition. I actually read in preference to watching.

Farm Level 183. Town 56 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

Quote Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
    John, I heard the Lone Ranger was a really stinker, but I'm curious what you liked about it? Maybe I shouldn't listen to reviews so much?
    As it's a Disney film, you think oh, this is going to be really corny and mushy, but it isn't... I'm not really a Johnny Depp fan, but without doubt this is his best part for me as Tonto. There is some great laugh-out-loud scenes, and a few jaw dropping stunts as well, especially the one with the ladder on the train. (Trying not to add spoilers here) I'll be surprised if you see and be disappointed..??

John.

BOROYOB + FLI-JO
    We trade with only our friends and in our Neighbourhood - We NEVER send or accept ANY challenges.
    >>>>> No offence meant, but our policy is to unfriend persistent heavy shoppers/raiders. <<<<<

Last night we watched 'Fire with fire' about a fireman going on a revenge killing spree after witnessing a murder, and being placed on the witness protection scheme.. Watchable, but not brilliant.

John.

BOROYOB + FLI-JO
    We trade with only our friends and in our Neighbourhood - We NEVER send or accept ANY challenges.
    >>>>> No offence meant, but our policy is to unfriend persistent heavy shoppers/raiders. <<<<<

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BOROYOB View Post
    As it's a Disney film, you think oh, this is going to be really corny and mushy, but it isn't... I'm not really a Johnny Depp fan, but without doubt this is his best part for me as Tonto. There is some great laugh-out-loud scenes, and a few jaw dropping stunts as well, especially the one with the ladder on the train. (Trying not to add spoilers here) I'll be surprised if you see and be disappointed..??

John.
    Well maybe I'll give it a try if it ever makes it to Netflix! I'm a little "Depp'd out" right now. I think the Pirates of the Caribbean movies overstayed their welcome about two films ago, and his take on Willy Wonka was straight up horrifying to me. I much prefer him in more subdues roles like he had early in his career such as What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Chocolate, Benny and Joon, etc.
    Proud Member of Rock Lobsters
    Farm LVL 117 Town LVL 38
    Barn 2750 Silo 2450
    134/144 Achievements Complete

I started going through our rental list of nearly 500 watched films, and these are a few more which I rated 4 to 5 star (out of 5) Should all be available on DVD or bluray now, and I would highly recommend imho.. I'll add more as I get time, but nothing below 4 star...!!! I don't want anyone coming back and slating my choice...!! lol.

Cirque Du Soleil Worlds Away.
    The Impossible.
    Jack the Giant Slayer.
    Chasing Mavericks.
    World War Z.
    Song for Marion.
    Hitchcock.
    Robot and Frank.

John.

BOROYOB + FLI-JO

Forum Veteran
    Robot and Frank is in my Instant Watch queue! I'll spin it up over New Year's break!
    Farm LVL 117 Town LVL 38
    Barn 2750 Silo 2450

Sometimes my choice is not so good... Just watched 'Fright Night 2' - Don't rush to watch this one... I can remember watching the original years ago, which wasn't too bad... The missus isn't over keen on scary/horror films, she tends to watch them through her fingers, especially at the jumpy bits.. hehe. I keep telling here they are just films...

Speaking of older films, I keep promising myself to watch 'Schindler's List' again... 4 hours in b+w, but I can remember it being a very powerful and moving film, and should be on everyone's must see list.. 'The boy in the striped pyjamas' is another holocaust film worth a watch...

John.

BOROYOB + FLI-JO

Quote Originally Posted by BOROYOB View Post
    We watch a movie nearly every single night, either bluray or 3d (if you haven't got a 3d telly yet, get one because the films are awesome. Get a decent surround sound as well - if I turn the volume past 20, the room shakes, lol.) We are are members of one of those film clubs, and we prefer films to the normal 'telly' these days...

Some great films to watch if you haven't seen them yet: Highly recommended.

The Lone Ranger - A Disney film, but totally not what you would expect. Very funny as well.
    The Life of Pi - Unbelievable cinematography.
    Welcome to the punch - British gangster film.
    Gravity - Brilliant sci fi film.
    Trance - (18+) Another great film by Danny Boyle. Great soundtrack by Emili Sandé, plus pics of the gorgeous Rossario Dawson here http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XnW-8L1TZ4c
    The Hobbit - LOTR fan anyway.. lol.
    Now you see me - A film with a twist about magicians.

Will post up more as I can remember...

John.
    I can't wait to see The Hobbit! I'm so excited for it!

I have been catching up on The Vampire Diaries on Netflix because my friends have been begging me to watch it!
    Level 39 61/99 Achievements
    GC/Kik: yourbilletdoux

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by yourbilletdoux View Post
    I can't wait to see The Hobbit! I'm so excited for it!

I have been catching up on The Vampire Diaries on Netflix because my friends have been begging me to watch it!
    I couldn't ever get into the Vampire Diaries, too much highschool drama. But in a similar vein, may I suggest Lost Girl? Also on Netflix, it's about a woman who discovers she's a succubus (!) and gets all tangled up in the hidden Fae world around her. It is gloriously over the top, campy, monstery, steamy fun.
    Farm LVL 117 Town LVL 38
    Barn 2750 Silo 2450

Happy New Year! I am watching one of my favourite films of all time: The Glenn Miller Story, with the sublime James Stewart and June Allyson. Have a permanent grin on my face, though I know there will be tears later.........

141/144 Achievements - level 111. Daily player.