Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost my clan due to the update

Lost my clan due to the update

greetings to you supercell... keep up the good work... i am the founder of [Removed By Moderator] currently a Lvl10 clan. according to your database you would see i made this clan about 7 years ago or maybe 6, not so sure as i didnt keep record, my account is [Removed By Moderator] i have been away because of some personal reasons (work related) which has always been on for some years now, whereby, i have to stop the game and return. i returned today with all joy and hope to meet my account and clan in one peace , sadly it isn't so, your update has given my clan to an unauthorized personnel, and i was kicked out, i joined back and asked for my clan via whats app with the new owner [Removed By Moderator] but he said he would not be returning it, pls this isn't just fair... ive put in years of work into that clan, i shouldn't be loosing it this way... pls supercell , he might just kick me out again but i beg you... return my clan back to me... Please.. thank for your help in advance
    Last edited by Bakunin; August 8th, 2019 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Removed Name & Shame

Forum Elder
    It is unfortunate that you lost your clan.
    But there is a 3 month (90 day) cool down period before leadership is relinquished.

Do you not have a mobile/cell phone, with the coc app downloaded?
    And is this place that work takes you for 3 months plus so remote that there is no chance of ever logging on?

And what if you got your clan back?
    Reading your post, it appears that this is a regular thing.

Maybe, what isnt so good for yourself, is better for your clan.
    At least they now have an active leader.. A leader that is willing to look after the health of the clan by kicking inactives.

What isnt fair, is a clan having a leader that is never there.
    A clan belongs to all membership, regardless of its history or creator.

It is best that people whom are prone to long periods of inactivity refrain from starting clans, since its membership may have to unsettle themselves, and start looking for a new home again, once that leader goes dormant.
    The 90 day rule was brought in due to people like yourself unfortunately.
    Stay happy, it isnt the end of the world.
    PS.. Maybe next time, you can pick a trusted CO to hand over to in your absence. This way, the clan continues as normal, and the mantle is handed back on your return. Just maybe..

Pro Member
    Joshsgrandad is spot on I’m afraid OP.

Centennial Club
    I'm sure there are many other stories like this. I have some serious criticism over the automatic passing of leadership as well. The whole function is extremely poorly thought out. Usually the Clan Leaders have worked for months or years for their Clan. Yes they might take a break at some point. What sense is there to deprive them of the leadership during that time? Especially if they're burnt out, they usually uninstall the app to avoid the temptation to play and therefore won't be logging in "regularly."

1.) There is the Co-Leader rank that can easily manage the Clan for a while if the Leader is absent.
    2.) It's just so easy to join another Clan or to make a new Clan if you don't want to be in the Clan that the Leader made.
    3.) There simply should be no passing of Leadership in any way whatsoever, because the Leader is 99% of the time the most committed player in the Clan and has built it from the ground up. That doesn't mean he might not take breaks from the game because of real life things like writing a thesis, being busy at work or just burning out/playing other games for a while. This is a slow paced game, why is the Clan not there for them when they come back???
    4.) It also creates totally nonsensical situations, e.g. it's absolutely incredible that a Clan that's called "Batman4ever" can pass the leadership away from the player called "Batman4ever" just because he hasn't logged in for a while

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    A clan belongs to all membership, regardless of its history or creator.
    I totally disagree with this. The Leader can at any moment kick every single member from his Clan and recruit 49 new ones if he so wishes. Therefore the Clan CLEARLY belongs to the Leader.
    Last edited by Bakunin; August 8th, 2019 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Main Forum Rule No.2

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by uziu View Post
    I'm sure there are many other stories like this. I have some serious criticism over the automatic passing of leadership as well. The whole function is extremely poorly thought out. Usually the Clan Leaders have worked for months or years for their Clan. Yes they might take a break at some point. What sense is there to deprive them of the leadership during that time? Especially if they're burnt out, they usually uninstall the app to avoid the temptation to play and therefore won't be logging in "regularly."

1.) There is the Co-Leader rank that can easily manage the Clan for a while if the Leader is absent.
    2.) It's just so easy to join another Clan or to make a new Clan if you don't want to be in the Clan that the Leader made.
    3.) There simply should be no passing of Leadership in any way whatsoever, because the Leader is 99% of the time the most committed player in the Clan and has built it from the ground up. That doesn't mean he might not take breaks from the game because of real life things like writing a thesis, being busy at work or just burning out/playing other games for a while. This is a slow paced game, why is the Clan not there for them when they come back???
    4.) It also creates totally nonsensical situations, e.g. it's absolutely incredible that a Clan that's called "Batman4ever" can pass the leadership away from the player called "Batman4ever" just because he hasn't logged in for a while

I totally disagree with this. The Leader can at any moment kick every single member from his Clan and recruit 49 new ones if he so wishes. Therefore the Clan CLEARLY belongs to the Leader.
    What utter rubbish mate.. I would strongly advise you to never start a clan.

But 1.. Yes they could, but a leader is not a leader if they stay away from the clan for long periods..
    There are so many things that can occur at any time.. a CO cant kick a CO.. Have you never come across this scenario.. I have, and its purgatory waiting a few hours for the leader to come sort out, never mind months.

2.. Yes, they could.. But then again, why start a clan with that attitude.. Either commit, or dont start it..
    Many members spend an age looking for a comfortable clan.. Yet they are fodder in your eyes.
    Those members are more important than the leader mate, as they are the life blood.
    The leaders job is to look after them, not them serve him.

3. Of course leadership should be handed on.. Why should someone go awol for months, and expect the game to wait for them.
    Burn out?.. Youre joking right?.. We are talking about a mobile app.. If those people cant handle playing a game, god help them if they worked where I do.. they wouldnt last the week.
    If people are planning to take time out, hand it over to someone trusted.. It just may be waiting for them when they return.
    If they simply abandon their membership, then they should expect to be clanless on their return.

4.. A while?.. We are talking 90 days, 3 months, quarter of a year.. How long do people expect things to wait.. And for what?.. a pittance of gold, and choosing a name.

As for your closing statement.. Yes, he can kick whom he wishes, but only so long as he logs on.. After 90 days, he no longer claims anything.
    I think SC have been very accommodating towards non active leaders.. I would have made it far shorter.

I would suppose your statement still holds true, although it wont be Batman pulling the strings.

Dude... This is wrong... I've had this clan since my university days.. With the help of no one.. Sometimes only my 5accounts were active its when we got to level 10 we started seeing people... Im a Desert Geologist... Desert geologists conduct cave explorations, mine, study rock formations, drill, and engage in geophysics engineering... I dont care of the clan is active man... Its my clan.. Even if only my accounts at there.. Anyone could get their clans if they wanted.. This update isn't worth it.. I just lost my Lvl10 clan got kicked out... Messaged the guy on whats app since we had a whats app group ... He blocked me... It hurts man.. I've been hurting on this since forgetting this is just a game.. It damn hurts...

Quote Originally Posted by itsemmieedie95 View Post
    Dude... This is wrong... I've had this clan since my university days.. With the help of no one.. Sometimes only my 5accounts were active its when we got to level 10 we started seeing people... Im a Desert Geologist... Desert geologists conduct cave explorations, mine, study rock formations, drill, and engage in geophysics engineering... I dont care of the clan is active man... Its my clan.. Even if only my accounts at there.. Anyone could get their clans if they wanted.. This update isn't worth it.. I just lost my Lvl10 clan got kicked out... Messaged the guy on whats app since we had a whats app group ... He blocked me... It hurts man.. I've been hurting on this since forgetting this is just a game.. It damn hurts...
    I hate this change too but it is what it is. You've lost it and you won't be getting it back.

They told us it was coming. I took precautions. I fear I could be incapacitated for an extended time as I'm not well. I did just have to take a month off because of health problems but I logged in some during that month.

I made sure I had other accounts that were the oldest coleaders in the clan. If leadership transfers it goes to my other accounts.

I agree with you, it's wrong but it is going to be this way. I even got jumped by a moderator when I voiced my opinion on this.

Doesn't matter if it is wrong, it's done.

If it happened to me, I'd quit and find something else to do. If you didn't log in for three months, it's not really important to you anyway. If I don't log in for three months, I am likely unconscious since I don't think I'll be going to jail.
    Last edited by StormHeart; August 9th, 2019 at 08:16 AM.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8
    My post is opinion unless I specifically state it's a fact.

I guess ill have to finally stop the game... Because as at now, I've totally lost interest ... No point in still playing if i cant get the clan back... But one thing i know... This isn't right ... Good luck
    Last edited by itsemmieedie95; August 9th, 2019 at 08:30 AM.

Pro Member
    Supercell had to do something regarding Inactive Clan Leaders - Think this is the fairest Way to do this..90 Inactive is really too long & precautions should be made if you know this will be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    I hate this change too but it is what it is. You've lost it and you won't be getting it back.

They told us it was coming. I took precautions. I fear I could be incapacitated for an extended time as I'm not well. I did just have to take a month off because of health problems but I logged in some during that month.

I made sure I had other accounts that were the oldest coleaders in the clan. If leadership transfers it goes to my other accounts.

I agree with you, it's wrong but it is going to be this way. I even got jumped by a moderator when I voiced my opinion on this.

Doesn't matter if it is wrong, it's done.

If it happened to me, I'd quit and find something else to do. If you didn't log in for three months, it's not really important to you anyway. If I don't log in for three months, I am likely unconscious since I don't think I'll be going to jail.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by itsemmieedie95 View Post
    I guess ill have to finally stop the game... Because as at now, I've totally lost interest ... No point in still playing if i cant get the clan back... But one thing i know... This isn't right ... Good luck
    It isnt right to the individual mate.
    I do feel for you, since you were indisposed for genuine reasons.
    I wouldnt really blame you if you did quit the game over it.

but 3 months is a long time for a clan to be without a leader.
    there are usually opportunities for people to log on, if only briefly, during that 90 day period, although I dont know about your particular case.
    they did announce it was coming, although am not sure it was ever included in the "news" on the app itself.
    I noticed you are fresh spawn, so it is difficult to be aware of what is going on, if it is only circulated within the community forums.
    Maybe they need to be increasing forum awareness more, if this is to be their main source of communication, although I found my way here via the link on my device.

But, at the end of the day, the clan itself is paramount when choices have to be made.
    What started out as a one man band, was extended to include others, whom will also have needs and desires.
    Their desires may well not align with yours, if they are still functioning as a clan. After all, its not the first time you had extended leave.

I too started a clan. One of the guys from the old place came with me.
    We built it up to level 12, with over 200 war wins.
    Once the clan opened up, I didnt like what I saw.
    It became a camp site for casuals and kids.
    I could have kicked, and enforced a different route.

But, since I made the choice to open up, and didnt kick the members that were never going to be war players early doors, I had made that decision to allow it to become too casual. So I handed over leadership.
    I now have another clan in which I war alone, but was joined by a good friend from my early days.
    He isnt a warrior, so he will not be joined by others, or indeed included in anything but cwl.

But it just shows.. You never truly own a clan.. Life, and choices, both in and out of game, lead you on your path.
    Once others are included, it is no longer only about you or me.
    The game goes on mate, either with or without us.

It may hurt, but you will get over it, because it isnt really important.
    That clan was simply a possession.. something to do in your down time.

If you decide to ever start again, get yourself a trusted CO, so you can discuss your vision, and plan for the future path of that clan.
    You would then have someone to look after things for you in your absence.