Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 151

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: ### Legend League ###

  1. #81
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,831
    I competed in legends last season to see how it was as I was looking forwards to no clouds.

    In the end I found it too much to attack every day 8 times a day and so at the end of the month I dropped out.

    Since then I have hardly logged in, only doing my CWL attacks and am sitting around 4500 cups.

    Not sure what happened but my experience has made me lose interest in the whole game.
    Quote Originally Posted by kajid View Post
    Loot difficulty has gone up again today by 2.5% Why do they keep increasing the loot difficulty this makes the game not worth playing and before you all say there is more inactive bases and less active players it still shouldn't be a 2.5% increase in difficulty.

  2. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Rst View Post
    I competed in legends last season to see how it was as I was looking forwards to no clouds.

    In the end I found it too much to attack every day 8 times a day and so at the end of the month I dropped out.

    Since then I have hardly logged in, only doing my CWL attacks and am sitting around 4500 cups.

    Not sure what happened but my experience has made me lose interest in the whole game.
    This is exactly what I am talking about but these other guys are going to keep going round and round with me about how it isn't a problem because their experience trumps everyone elses. I have seen so many post like these since it started. But it's all good because I will be joining you shortly in the lower leagues until a new update comes. It's cool to not have clouds but now it's just too much of a commitment everyday.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by BIZmarkIE View Post
    It becomes pay to win when you need to purchase gems to compete. I will admit that it isn't a pure pay to win model at that point but it definitely gives you the advantage. Also for those who can work their daily schedule around the training times.

    Online time/offline time is still required to complete your attacks. Regardless of whether or not you are on your device or not you must wait the time to do your attacks. This puts you at a disadvantage to those who pay gems to greatly reduce the time need to fully complete their attacks as you may run out of league day before you are able to finish your attacks.

    The CWL comparison was only meant as an example of what can happen to the times. None of us here coded the game so we cannot say for sure that the extremely long delay in matching is specifically due to the safeguards or do the low amount of clans in the league. Why does the wait time go up as you go higher? Are not all of the leagues designed to be competitive so wouldn't there need to be safeguards against collusion all the way down? Or could it be that there are more clans at the lower levels??
    If everyone had to purchase gems to get 8 attacks in, it would be pay to win. Thankfully, that is not the case. The fact that some players have an odd schedule away from their phone that prohibits them from getting 8 attacks in each day without gems does not turn it into pay to win. It also doesn’t give most players an advantage. The players I know in legends don’t need to buy gems to get their 8 attacks in. I know I don’t. I’m using way fewer gems now than in the old system.

    Yes, we can say the delay in matching in CWL is due to the desire to prevent collusion. Obviously, the number of clans in each tier impacts it greatly. Less clans means it takes longer to fill the pool up with enough clans to avoid collusion. You can see the threads in the war subforum showing the number of clans in the various tiers if you are interested.

    Quote Originally Posted by BIZmarkIE View Post
    Can you reference where you saw Supercell say this stuff? I recall from memory that they varied the times that matchmaking started but I don't recall the amount of time being stated. I would like to read this information. I recall them stating they varied the start times so that clans couldn't line up when they requested. I don't recall them stating that extended times was specifically to prevent collusion.
    Yes, SC has told us that is the reason for the delay, to prevent collusion.

    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

  4. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    224
    8 attacks a day is fine. 10 attacks a day without waiting for troops, spells and heros would be better.

  5. #85
    Super Member Night Crawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    825
    Quote Originally Posted by BIZmarkIE View Post
    This is exactly what I am talking about but these other guys are going to keep going round and round with me about how it isn't a problem because their experience trumps everyone elses. I have seen so many post like these since it started. But it's all good because I will be joining you shortly in the lower leagues until a new update comes. It's cool to not have clouds but now it's just too much of a commitment everyday.

    I get your point, and I agree with you on the fact that it is hard to get in 8 attacks every day on a consistent basis especially when you add things like CWL and other daily tasks or events to the mix.
    I also agree that because it is hard to get those attacks in, you must use potions or maybe gems, all of which are definitely not free, nor are they always readily available. Someone mentioned using hammers, but I’m not sure why anyone would do that?
    Another point to consider is the donation time you may have to wait if your clan is not super active.
    I am also finding in Legends that it seems that there are days where you work hard to advance in cups and your base holds up well, and then in one day you get slammed so hard, almost ridiculously hard in defence and you lose more cups than you have in the past 2 days.

    I’ve heard people say Legends is skill based...... I thought so too, and I do believe there definitely is the skill aspect of it as for as offence is concerned, but defensively wise, well I’m not entirely convinced from what I have been experiencing, especially considering you have a base that holds very very well and then gets slammed.

    Bottom line, I am losing interest in Legends as well.

  6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #86
    Quote Originally Posted by BIZmarkIE View Post
    Device in hand or device on desk...doesn't alleviate the time it takes to regenerate an army/heroes. But thanks for pointing out the obvious. Just wait. Come back when they are done. No joke? Really. That's all I have to do is come back when they are done?
    Or any time thereafter, yes.

    [
    That was exactly the root of my observation about OP's post. Everyone can't keep coming back to the game everytime an army is ready. Most of us can play on our lunch breaks and when we get home. Without regeneration times for a league that no longer needs them everyone could compete on a fair playing field. That is the point. This system gives an advantage to those who can spend all day doing attacks. No different than the old system where those who attacked all day got ahead.
    Not remotely similar. Previously, you had to be able to have your device sitting unused for anything else, within earshot, and able to drop everything at a moments notice.

    Now you can do other things, use your device for other things, or put it away until ready to attack again.

    You have to find 2-3 minutes 8 times a day. That is all. WAY easier than the previous way, for almost everybody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Banned
    Posts
    5,519
    Quote Originally Posted by BIZmarkIE View Post
    I recall them stating they varied the start times so that clans couldn't line up when they requested.

    I don't recall them stating that extended times was specifically to prevent collusion.
    These are the same thing, sigh

  8. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    These are the same thing, sigh
    Not the same. When the search starts as opposed to how long it takes is not the same.

  9. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Or any time thereafter, yes.



    Not remotely similar. Previously, you had to be able to have your device sitting unused for anything else, within earshot, and able to drop everything at a moments notice.

    Now you can do other things, use your device for other things, or put it away until ready to attack again.

    You have to find 2-3 minutes 8 times a day. That is all. WAY easier than the previous way, for almost everybody.
    It being easier is a matter of opinion. Under the old system you could attack 2 times a day with no losses. Cloud times were variable. It didn't require any amount of dedication to stay in the league. Now you have to do all 8 attacks or lose your spot. One may be better than the other but that all depends on how you look at it. I enjoyed doing enough attacks to get up in trophies and then just coasting out the rest of the season on minimum attacks. The only appeal to Legends now is the massive daily loot with 0 loss of loot. Once my bases are done I am out. Which is a shame because there should be no reason that maxed out bases can't hang out in Legends.

  10. #90
    Forum Champion Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,566
    Quote Originally Posted by BIZmarkIE View Post
    It being easier is a matter of opinion. Under the old system you could attack 2 times a day with no losses. Cloud times were variable. It didn't require any amount of dedication to stay in the league. Now you have to do all 8 attacks or lose your spot. One may be better than the other but that all depends on how you look at it. I enjoyed doing enough attacks to get up in trophies and then just coasting out the rest of the season on minimum attacks. The only appeal to Legends now is the massive daily loot with 0 loss of loot. Once my bases are done I am out. Which is a shame because there should be no reason that maxed out bases can't hang out in Legends.
    Why should they be able to hang out in Legends like some old timers club? It's the top league. Not a retirement home.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •