Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Warden AI - How has this not been fixed?

Centennial Club

Warden AI - How has this not been fixed?

Ok I get that a Warden will attack walls if the troops around him are attacking that wall. But the moment those troops die the Warden should start attacking structures. But no. He continues to attack that wall piece until itís destroyed. Watching a maxed Warden with a DPS of 253 attacking a lvl 13 wall with 10k hp is absolutely ridiculous. Iím sure others have complained about this subject. But this needs fixed. 👎🏻

The warden retargets everytime a building/wall/troop is destroyed, so he isn't quite as locked on as you claim. If another troop anywhere destroys anything, he will retarget, and not choose a wall.

You've said what you don't like but you have to decide what you would rather he do?
    If he retargeted everytime one of your troops died, he's spend the whole raid finding new targets.

I think it's OK the way it is, and yes this does happen to me sometimes too.
    He's an idiot.

Your brilliant new idea is already ruled out, here. Why CWL is straight after Season Pass ends, here.
    There's no matchmaking in CWL. Contact support, here, forum players can't always help.
    Current trader cycle. Before posting, are you just feeding the troll?

Centennial Club
    Iím talking about when there are no other troops alive...

Quote Originally Posted by Mechagodzilla View Post
    I’m talking about when there are no other troops alive...
    Yes.
    And I was explaining what the other very basic triggers in the game are which make any troop (because they all do this) reatrget and start to shoot something else.
    If you have another very basic trigger for all troops to reacquire target then feel free to make a suggestion.

But at the moment you're basically just saying "the warden's AI makes it do stupid things sometimes" and yup, it sometimes is.

Your brilliant new idea is already ruled out, here. Why CWL is straight after Season Pass ends, here.
    There's no matchmaking in CWL. Contact support, here, forum players can't always help.
    Current trader cycle. Before posting, are you just feeding the troll?

Having the GW finish what he started is not a bad thing, although I wish they could distinguish that they are hitting a wall and that perhaps it’s better they move on to something else, I don’t think that is the case though, I could be wrong.
    But at the same time, I’m happy in the sense if he were hitting a building at least he would finish it for the percentage, rather than move on to something else.
    I have complained about AI for a long time, and will continue to do so until they are fixed.

Join us for the biggest yearly event! Forum Elite, more info here

Warden ditching group of 30 hogs for 1 wizard at the back is way more annoying I will take a wall hit if warden would stop betray my army

I hate air warden... 20+ loons about to fly over giga... oh wait is that a minion on the outside of the base?

My disco warden took the same stupid pill while partying in the night club with the queen that she is hooked on. He now seeks out the queen wherever she is on the battleground, abandoning all other troops to pound on the wall. They usually die together or their life times out in a stupid pill induced coma.

Disco, Disco sucks ��

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechagodzilla View Post
    I’m talking about when there are no other troops alive...
    It's happened to me plenty, but i don't think its a simple fix. I think changing this small behavior would probably have harsher consequences on his other actions.

Basically, the warden is told "shoot that wall" by troops and until that wall is gone, there is nothing else to change his mind if there are no other troops around to tell him to do so. Its like he HAS to follow orders. I'm not sure changing this process would be good for us.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    It isn't just the warden, it is most troops, just rather more obvious with heroes.

Yesterday I had my King beating away on a wall then the closest building the other side got destroyed by another troop. He just kept beating the wall until he broke through then didn't go through the hole becwuse by that pii t the closest building was on his side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)