Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To all those who think edrag spam is broken:

Wink To all those who think edrag spam is broken:

My clan is doing cwl (as should every other clan eligible ) and I must say I am very disappointed with the clan we are currently facing. Our 15 player got attacked by their 9. Our 15 is a new th9 (as in 2 weeks tops) with a lvl 5 AQ and lvl 1 xbows. Their 9 is a rushed th11 who got rekt by a th10. They attacked a new th9, with none other than edrag spam, and got a 69% 2-STAR! I mean come on, how trash do you need to be to pull that garbage off? I must say Im impressed, and not in a good way (I mean it does benefit us greatly but yknow). Have any of you seen depressing fails of epic proportion using edrag spam?

Im super proud to boast this awesome pic! Thanks TullSadum for signing me up and DragonX101 for the sig pic!

... ummm ... and the point is?

So their 9 is a poor attacker. And?

p.s why ‘should’ every eligible clan do cwl? It’s a choice thing isn’t it?
    Last edited by AxsMan; August 4th, 2019 at 03:59 PM.

Pro Member
    seen poor attack in loons...edragons....bowler/witch...mass pekka..name it any combo ..seen poor attacks..

then on the other Hand see these same combos take out a max th 12....and yet seen these combos get 1 or 2 stars on a th 10 or 11 defense...

And I'm a victim of that type of an attack ...went against compact lv 13 towers with 7 max e dragons / 14 loons... needless to say never made it thru the base..then with my 2nd account attacked a simular base with lv 15 towers and 3 star

Was my attack bad on the first attack or was it how the game ai reacts to a base design..

im in the camp that that there are bad attacks...but how the troop ai reacts (pathing) to a base design has to be a factor..such as dragons / loons by passing inferno or air defense..aq going after target surrounded by defense..bk pounding wall next to an opening or empty compartment. then there is the gw...does he help the troops or goes off and does his own thing....
    Last edited by IBWOLF2; August 4th, 2019 at 04:36 PM.

I feel you OP. We finished our first cwl last night and EVERY SINGLE ONE of their 15 attacks was edrag spam, even their bottom 11's vs our bottom 9's and 10's. In our 2nd war our oppontnent has done 7 attacks and 6 of them were edrag spam. Its just so darn boring!

The casual troop for the casual player player.
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv18, 709 fair play wins and counting...

Attacks greatly depend on the attacker's skill. In our current CWL war my max TH 12 just held edrags to a 37% 0 star. Likewise, with my TH 12 donation account and max edrags (45ish king/queen, 22ish GW) got a 65ish% 2 star against that same base in a friendly challenge.

I do think edrags are a good attack for safer 2 stars, but are not the strongest attacks out there. It's just harder for lower THs to defend against troops designed for higher THs. Dragons would crush TH 6s. Heavy bowler comps do well against TH 9s, just like Edrags do well against TH 10s.

Base design and attacker strength are 2 key factors on the outcome of the attack. Since CWL is performance based you're more likely to see dip attacks. So far we've had 2 TH 9s each war (2 wars so a total of 4 for us) vs 0 TH 9s. That's given our opponents 6 fairly easy stars for bottom TH 10s to clean up. We've made that up with better results up top along with the occasional TH 11 not 3 staring our TH 10s.

Quote Originally Posted by dayone View Post
    I feel you OP. We finished our first cwl last night and EVERY SINGLE ONE of their 15 attacks was edrag spam, even their bottom 11's vs our bottom 9's and 10's. In our 2nd war our oppontnent has done 7 attacks and 6 of them were edrag spam. Its just so darn boring!

The casual troop for the casual player player.
    While we're hovering in Master III, had our 3 wars so far and didn't face a single eddie-spam yet.

not edrag, but I watched a nine dip fail on my six in Silver 1. No CC troops, no heroes, only brought three golem, two pekka, some wbs and the rest wizards. my defending cc was two valk, four archers. the valk ate all but three or 4 of his wizards because he kept trickling them. then the rest of the troops didn't have enough time to get the middle and all 4 corners.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; August 4th, 2019 at 09:50 PM.

Their 1 (maxed th12) got one star on me (th10, number 8). If you think edrag spam is OP and required zero skill, it can also go horribly wrong (I really should record the garbage I got attacked by, it’ll make you laugh)

Im super proud to boast this awesome pic! Thanks TullSadum for signing me up and DragonX101 for the sig pic!

I think of "spam" meaning drop your finger on the map and put all the troops on the same tile.

In that instance, any troop -- loons, drags, hogs, giants, wizards, edrags -- is subject to pathing follies as targets get destroyed and new ones are acquired.

But an edrag army that funnels and comes in spaced out can be a very powerful thing indeed. I regularly 2* and 3* TH12s both in raids and CWL with my TH11 using edrags. A TH10 is a guaranteed 3*

Then again, I am just a "casual player" with a "casual army" picking which comp I use based on my opp's layout in war and Nexting til I find an edrag friendly base on raids.

It's not the troop you use. It's how you use your troop.

I have a baby 9 using essentially the same base as it had when it was an 8 with bows and queen and 4th AD added. As an 8 it could hold a th10 drag attack to 1*. Th9's, 8's, and 7's thinking it was an easy hit walked away with 0* and under 40% (looks weak, uses wide open space and tower placement to path troops where *I* want them to go).

The thing is, it is the perception it is an easy base that lures opps to throw their lower bases at it. The base can soak 4 or 5 attacks and *still* not get 3-d. And almost *every* attacker comes at it with drags.

But a good drag attack can also 3* the base.

So apply that to edrags. The casual player that watches a YouTube video showing how it is an easy 3*, then reads somewhere that it's a safe 2* in war. Well yeah, they will spam edrags.

But YouTube is notorious for "peppering" armies (how shady real estate salesmen sold desert land buy peppering some rocks with gold dust from a shot gun and casually walking the sucker buyer past those rocks showing him the land) using prearranged bases set up for perfect strikes.

They are also notorious for not explaining what to look for in a base to initiate the attack point or things in the layout that scream, "Use a different army comp!" They are after clicks. No one clicks on "Here's a marginal army."

Again, long way to explain that mass edrags are indeed powerful. In the right hands.

And spammed edrags are a wreck in the hands of someone who doesn't know basics in the first place.

Kind of like a Ferrari.