Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Economy

Economy

Lately I have noticed more elixir available than gold on most bases. I am hunting for gold so I'm not sure if it's just because I have started to pay more attention to it lately, but it definitely appears to be a trend.

Is there anywhere that we can see the economy of the game as a whole? Like total gold and total elixir available per town hall per league.

And has anyone else noticed this trend?

Quote Originally Posted by zok000 View Post
    Lately I have noticed more elixir available than gold on most bases. I am hunting for gold so I'm not sure if it's just because I have started to pay more attention to it lately, but it definitely appears to be a trend.

Is there anywhere that we can see the economy of the game as a whole? Like total gold and total elixir available per town hall per league.

What TH level are you?

And no, there is no statistic available to show what you're asking for.
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH12 | BK 56 | AQ 56 | GW 21 |

Too bad... Would have been a good stat for farmers like me. I'm a near max TH11

I don't it that kind of a big problem. Elixir is normally harder to get but can be used in a lot of ways:

- army buildings
    - lab
    - last but not least: walls

Personally I think walls is the most difficult to max at almost every townhall. I always first do army buildings + lab elixir upgrades untill I don't need it besides walls. And even then it takes a lot of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Vaganzza View Post
    I don't it that kind of a big problem. Elixir is normally harder to get but can be used in a lot of ways:

- army buildings
    - lab
    - last but not least: walls

Personally I think walls is the most difficult to max at almost every townhall. I always first do army buildings + lab elixir upgrades untill I don't need it besides walls. And even then it takes a lot of time...
    As stated above... I'm a TH11
    My walls a all maxed.
    I have about 2 months of building upgrades to max... Now that I will be using 5 builders. (Will not get 6th builder for 2 months)
    Have just over 3 months of lab upgrades to do.

So currently don't have a huge need for any resource, but need slightly more gold that elixer.

I guessing that's why I noticed the problem. While I was upgrading walls I did not notice anything, cause all extra resources went into walls.

I could only speak for myself and I haven't noticed an dis-balance when attacking.
    However, I did noticed that I'm always short on gold, while elixir and DE isn't a problem at all.
    My personell though on it was that it's due to the build portion that I use whenever possible. At least on my smallest account - a nearly maxed th9 - I'm pretty sure that's causing an "issue" that my defenses are already done, while my lab will be buys for a long time.

But again - this is my personell view on my account, not a generic observation.

Quote Originally Posted by zok000 View Post

I started to create a thread on this. On these forums, I've seen so many times that gold is the most plentiful resource in Clash. But since the start of Seasonal Challenges that hasn't appeared to be true for me.

When filling my seasonal banks, I usually fill my dark first. That kind of surprised me. Gold, I usually fill last.

My thinking is that is only seems gold is the most plentiful. It seems that way because it doesn't cost us gold to raid. So it is easiest to get net gold. Elixir and dark cost are high while raiding with many armies so they fill our storages more slowly. However, what we use doesn't affect our bank. Only what we get. For the seasonal banks, NET doesn't matter. I'm a sample of one and I'm only making casual observations so I don't know but that's what I'm guessing. I don't think gold is the most plentiful and that makes sense since it is the easiest to spend.

I don't know if there are any stats. The data folks that like to do the graphs for us via the API would know but I don't know.
    Last edited by StormHeart; August 6th, 2019 at 12:39 PM.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8
    My post is opinion unless I specifically state it's a fact.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    I started to create a thread on this. On these forums, I've seen so many times that gold is the most plentiful resource in Clash. But since the start of Seasonal Challenges that hasn't appeared to be true for me.

When filling my seasonal banks, I usually fill my dark first. That kind of surprised me. Gold, I usually fill last.

My thinking is that is only seems gold is the most plentiful. It seems that way because it doesn't cost us gold to raid. So it is easiest to get net gold. Elixir and dark cost are high while raiding with many armies so they fill our storages more slowly. However, what we use doesn't affect our bank. Only what we get. For the seasonal banks, NET doesn't matter. I'm a sample of one and I'm only making casual observations so I don't know but that's what I'm guessing. I don't think gold is the most plentiful and that makes sense since it is the easiest to spend.

I don't know if there are any stats. The data folks that like to do the graphs for us via the API would know but I don't know.
    Another way of checking is to look at your GG and EE achievements.

I reached 2b first on EE albeit GG was only about 25m behind so across my entire history playing the game they are virtually even although elixir for me nudged ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveoUk View Post
    Another way of checking is to look at your GG and EE achievements.

I reached 2b first on EE albeit GG was only about 25m behind so across my entire history playing the game they are virtually even although elixir for me nudged ahead.
    I read this post and thought great... Here is my solution... 😃

Logged into COC and looked at my stats... Both GG and EE sitting exactly at 2B. Looks like that is figure the game stops counting your loot. 🙄

So it may look like your gold was 25mil behind, but you have no idea when your elixer stopped counting. 🤔

But it was a nice try. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Vaganzza View Post
    This depends a lot on how much you play. Starting with TH 9 I maxed out completely before going to the next town hall, and in general walls are quite in line with the rest of the base. From my 5 builders I always keep 1 spare for my walls: no complicated planning, just have 1 free at all times :-) Well, sometimes I set that fifth builder to work 1 day before the next comes free.

When I look at my base now (TH 12) There are 13 walls to finish, and 6 defenses (apart from the ones currently upgrading). 7 hero levels and a few lab upgrades. That means my walls have been even faster then the rest, probably due to the long upgrade times at Th 12. When my TH 11 was fully maxed regarding defenses, heroes and lab, I had about 10 wall pieces left to do.

Anyway back to the OP: In my experience you always find that resource you have the least need for. Murphies law. Need gold? Finding elixer rich bases. All DE upgrades done? Finding 9k DE bases with little else to rob.