Thread: CWL - Bracket is random or not?

CWL - Bracket is random or not?

I know that clan match ups are strictly based on the the CWL League, got it. But after all 8 clans are chosen, is there any rhyme or reason for the bracket or is it random?

Seems like the last couple of CWLs, the last war has been a showdown for 2 of the top 2 or 3 clans. Coincidence?

By coincidence or tier composition, it seems like every league has one or two clear contenders for #1, and a couple destined for demotion. Maybe it is just the luck of the draw.
    UNICORNS! I want unicorns. Any clan that gets a 3 war win streak should have one villager replaced by a frisky little unicorn that frolics and gambols about the village. Let's make this happen.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...s-add-unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by YoFoos View Post
    .... Seems like the last couple of CWLs, the last war has been a showdown for 2 of the top 2 or 3 clans. Coincidence?
    I have seen that too in some months, but not in others. My conclusion then is purely random. If it was by design, we would expect it to be always, or at least the vast majirity of the time with all clans, in all groups.
    Last edited by rowman; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    I have seen that too in some months, but not in others. My conclusion then is purely random. If it was by design, we would expect it to be always, or at least the vast majirity of the time with all clans, in all groups.
    I think it is purely random and you may face a strong clan if you are unlucky.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    By coincidence or tier composition, it seems like every league has one or two clear contenders for #1, and a couple destined for demotion. Maybe it is just the luck of the draw.
    Coincidence.
    Like one time we had both MauDou and G.S in our group. They stomped everybody and then had to duke it out between themselves for 1st.
    Once we also one our group cuz there was no clear top dog.
    And then ofc there's a single clan that decimates everybody.
    In other words purely random.

Forum Elder
    Anything that happens within cwl, matching wise, is purely random, including whom you face when.
    For instance, there are 3 clans that are distinctively bigger and better than the other 5 in our group, including ourselves.
    We played the other two on days 2 and 3. They play each other on day 5.

SC have come out and said there is no matching apart from initial entry, with the 15 heaviest bases counted, and others experiences tend to back this up.
    It would also be difficult for them to predict the top clans in higher leagues, due to roster parity, if they were to try and keep a "shoot out" till day 7. Mid/lower leagues show that randomness in when you face off anyway.

Therefore, any patterns observed will be purely coincidental.

I think it is mostly coincidence, but also the strongest clan each week is going to impact the stars of the clans they face, right? So, the clans that haven’t faced them yet naturally will be a little higher on the leaderboard than they would if they already faced them and lost. In the last war of the week the #1 clan is of course fighting against a clan that had the benefit of not facing them all week long, which helped them be farther toward the top. It isn’t uncommon for me to see the #1 clan face the #2 clan in the last war only to see that #2 clan fall farther down the ladder for the final rankings after losing to the #1 clan. So, it ended up not being #1 vs. #2, it just looked like it before the match.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.