Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Disconnection in When Phone Switching Network and No Reconnection

Disconnection in When Phone Switching Network and No Reconnection

The disconnection problem has become much more damaging since the release of legend league. With newer routers that are able to adjust Wifi band and antenna based on real time signals, the issue has also become more common. So when you wifi is adjusting the signal, you are very likely to get that weak signal icon and disconnect in the end. Playing on a tablet is extremely frightening because I don't know when router and my tablet will start adjusting. However, playing on a phone is also not safe. The phone could switch between LTE and Wifi if your Wifi signal is not that strong. Phone is not being prevented from the kind of adjustment I mentioned above too. The only way to make it work 100% is to turn off wifi on the phone and make sure you have good LTE signal. Aside from these problems that have never been addressed according to my experience, the reconnection is also non-exist. If a disconnection could be fixed right away by a reconnection so I can continue my attack, then it for sure would become less of an issue. With neither of these problems addressed, playing in league (over 5000) has become a scary experience I would say. I have to wait for a while to make sure my tablet won't adjust network and try not to move it while I play because it will affect how antenna works. Playing on phone means I need to manually turn off wifi to make it work 100%. I also get terrible experience in builder base. I can't remember how many times I disconnect right after I start a fight and greeted with a 0% after I reconnect. I'm doing around 4500 in builder base and it's extremely difficult for me to level up because of the network issue and no reconnection. If not because of those issues, I can at least be in 4800. I don't remember where I heard this but someone said no reconnection was to prevent cheat. However, as far as I know there is BOT everywhere.
    Anyway, I hope dev can fix this long lasting issue. Adding reconnection is crucial.

There are many threads in the Ideas subforum discussing reconnection. There is a chance it is impractical to implement based on early design decisions by Supercell, but it could also be open to abuse. Go find those threads for details.

Modify the settings in your router to only use 1 band (choose either 5 GHz or 2.5 GHz, not both), or turn off the auto switching feature. Same with your phone/tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    Modify the settings in your router to only use 1 band (choose either 5 GHz or 2.5 GHz, not both), or turn off the auto switching feature. Same with your phone/tablet.
    someone knows how to handle the router.����
    Last edited by wotanwaton; August 5th, 2019 at 03:52 PM.

Millennial Club
    There are many threads in the Ideas subforum discussing reconnection. There is a chance it is impractical to implement based on early design decisions by Supercell, but it could also be open to abuse. Go find those threads for details.

This. If you have 5 and 2.5 GHz always lock it to 5. Itís better because you will have less interference.

Forum Elder
    I'm not sure what you expect SC to do about your poor internet connections.

I use Google Wifi, which doesn't allow me set one band. And I saw instability under the same band, which I guess is due to multi antennas. Router will give you more antennas for better bandwidth if you device support that. My S10+ supports Wifi 6 which supports multi-antenna data transmissions. So I would only see this problem become more frequent in the future as people start to upgrade their routers to mesh network.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHowlet View Post
    I'm not sure what you expect SC to do about your poor internet connections.
    If you are knowledgeable enough, you would know the major problem I'm talking about is not about poor internet connections.

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyMortal View Post
    This. If you have 5 and 2.5 GHz always lock it to 5. Itís better because you will have less interference.
    Locking to 5G band means poor connections in the rooms without a router because 5G is not good at range. So situation like going to a bathroom and start playing and get disconnected is still likely to happen. Same as dual bands tho because when it switch to 2.4G it also disconnect. My way is to let it sit for a while to make sure the Wifi become stable, but this doesn't work every time since sometimes it takes longer for your device or router to detect the loss of signals.

Forum Elder
    I'm getting the same kind of issues... Being disonnected in the middle of my attacks, both in Legend Leagues and in CWL. What is strange is that I don't even get the icon about connection lost for 1 second, I just directly get a message that I've been disconnected, and if I clic it, I can immediately reconnect, which means even if connection was indeed lost for any reason (and I'm not even sure it's the case) it was a less than 2 seconds disconnection, so the game should be able to let me continue my attack and reconnect me !!!

Please do something about it, this has become completely unplayable. No way I can rush in Legends if I'm losing an attack per day due to a disconnect, and I don't even dare attacking in CWL anymore !

In the past, when connection was being lost for a small amount of time, I was getting an icon about it, and usually could continue attacking and would see the icon disappear, why doesn't it happen anymore ??
    IGN: Steph - TH 12 - LVL 253 - 2B+ GG/EE - Max cups: 5617 - BK 65 AQ 65 GW 40
    300/300 LVL 13 Walls

As others pointed out, SC does not allow an attack to continue after a disconnect because it would allow cheating.

You have a problem with your wifi setup. I have my 2.4 & 5ghz channels separately named & my devices set to only connect to the 5ghz SSID.

If you're switching from WiFi to LTE, you're probably in a spot where the WiFi is weak or there is interference.

If you have a mesh network, you may be in a spot where your device is bouncing between 2 WiFi antennas. I'm not sure if you can create distinct SSIDs per antenna on Google WiFi. If not, you want to be playing in a spot where you are much closer to one antenna. You might just need to move one of the mesh access points, so your device isn't bouncing between them.