Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy With New Valley Season!

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly65 View Post
    My 2nd (level 94) and 3rd (level 80) farms have been paired with 18 other farms in the valley. The highest level of the other 18 farms is 38, so far we have only collected 54 chicken, of which I have collect approx 40 of them. It doesnít matter how hard I try, I have no chance of reaching 100 chickens. 17 of the other 18 farms are all collected together and hardly move.

How is the pairing done, it seems so random and unfair

I think it stinks to be in a valley with inactive or barely active players. We have had the same happen however my very small hood is very active. We are now at 196 chickens and reached 287 last season. You are welcome to Jon us if you would like. We are very active in the derby and the 6-7 of us who do the valley have collected all but 23 of the chickens so far. Last time e groups we were with were horrible. They did not collect 30-40 of the 287.

There is feally no point in collecting chickens beyond the 100 but my hoodies consider it a challenge to see if we can best our 287.

I donít see the point in doing the valley if you donít try to collect chickens to get the special prizes. The normal prizes in the shop arenít worth the effort. My issue is that I have been matched with all low level players, the majority of which have hardly moved. It doesnít matter how hard that I try, I canít collect 100 chickens on my own.
    IĎve been matched with a whole mix of levels from high 100s to lvl 20/30 sth-the high lvls are not moving at all, many of them are in the same hood so its disappointing and theres clearly no guarantee that higher lvls will play, the only active ones in my valley are in the 50-70 range (about 3, incl me, with 2 others moving once or twice a week).
    Opt in/opt out isnt going to solve this problem as many players will opt in just to collect tokens and play now and then as they like, leaving the chicken hunters at a loss. IĎm collecting chickens but only for the challenge, wont have enough tokens to buy anything and the only Ąexclusiveď object for sale that would interest me is the bundle of diamonds-so I mightnt bother collecting them at all next time either.
    At the moment I find the valley utterly depressing, I even stopped playing for almost 2 days because of it combined with a disastrous derby (for me!) lol. Its so dead... I was enjoying it the first week as there seemed to be a fair few active trucks and I was doing well with fuel and even roadside chickens, but that all slowed down, and breakdowns and nasty fuel tasks mean I wont even be able to collect enough tokens to buy what I want in the normal shop.
    But what to do next time? I wont know if my valley is active or not until I play-and if I start playing and then want to give up thats not fair on anyone who is active...not sure what the solution is...

Wanted to say how much I love the valley! Thank you SC for getting me to farm more by making me grow crops, use the fishing area and feed my animals on a regular basis for fuel. This season is so much better and on my baby farm as a solo player with largely inactive other valley members I should still get my 100 chickens, and will have found nearly all of them, so it is doable. My main farm is much more active as a hood, and I am really enjoying playing in two valleys. Thank you again SC, an inspired addition to the game!

141/144 Achievements - level 111. Daily player.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanielgirl View Post
    Wanted to say how much I love the valley! Thank you SC for getting me to farm more by making me grow crops, use the fishing area and feed my animals on a regular basis for fuel. This season is so much better and on my baby farm as a solo player with largely inactive other valley members I should still get my 100 chickens, and will have found nearly all of them, so it is doable. My main farm is much more active as a hood, and I am really enjoying playing in two valleys. Thank you again SC, an inspired addition to the game!
    I would second this. The valley is the first thing I do every day. I don’t mind how active or inactive other players are. People play the game in different ways. I am level 165 and one of the reasons I love the game is that it doesn’t require players to be competitive, although it does offer them the option if they want to be. The only improvement I would like to see is more desirable purchases in the valley shop, or just a wider range of options. Apart from the scrolls, I’m not really interested in them, though my valley has collected enough chickens for me to buy 40 diamonds this time which is a big boost!

I only have 1 scroll in my shop this time, so I can do both, collect the chickens to get one of the special prizes and still collect enough tokens for my 1 available scroll. After the first derby supercell have drastically reduced the scrolls in the shop in the hope to get players to try and collect chicken, itís obviously not worked.
    Wow. No wonder you are looking for chickens. I have 5 scrolls this season. Almost have all the tokens I need to collect them all. To add insult to injury, I just checked and my valley has 98 chickens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennyannec View Post
    I would second this. The valley is the first thing I do every day. I don’t mind how active or inactive other players are. People play the game in different ways. I am level 165 and one of the reasons I love the game is that it doesn’t require players to be competitive, although it does offer them the option if they want to be. The only improvement I would like to see is more desirable purchases in the valley shop, or just a wider range of options. Apart from the scrolls, I’m not really interested in them, though my valley has collected enough chickens for me to buy 40 diamonds this time which is a big boost!
    agreed. the only other thing i would add is eliminate the truck breakdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Npflbowden View Post
    Philly65 you want to join my team, Active Fun Farm. Casual derby players, champions league?
    We have 2 open slots.

We have collected all chickens both rounds. We have 28 active players, some donít play derby.

I think being in an active team even if you donít play derby is important if you want to get the chickens.
    Otherwise it is just the luck of the draw if you get paired with good active players.
    I think while this is a nice offer, the idea of having to join an "more active" neighborhood is everything against what the valley was advertised. If you go back and watch Cami's YouTube videos, they stressed it did not matter whether you were a solo player or a player in a large neighborhood, the valley would be for any playing style to enjoy - and be stress free - and just be an added layer to the daily activities you were already performing.

I am finding very few of those to be true. In fact, it seems you need to be a part of an active neighborhood for your valley experience to be somewhat successful in reaching the top-end prizes. As such, your own neighborhood can do all of the collecting. A neighborhood of 28 active players only need to collect 4 chickens each the entire season. Meanwhile, I will have personally collected about 70 by the time this season is over and it is useless to the end goal.

Some valleys have dozens of players, others have much less. I don't understand what Supercell is doing. There are trucks that have sat in the same spot, it seems, since the valley season started. They don't care and it is honestly beyond stressful. I think that is why they do not have a valley chat feature, I would probably be banned trying to talk sense into some of these players I am paired with

By the way, I am mostly now a solo player. I am the leader in a NH with players who are close family friends and family in real life, but they have all grown bored of the game... While they have gotten bored, I have just gotten more frustrated. Meanwhile, this update did little to the fact I am a max player with still nothing to do other than play a misrepresented valley experience. Nothing to build - town is almost maxed. Farm is just adding plots at this point as well as silo and barn space that I don't seem to need.

Is Supercell even listening anymore?

/end rant

I just wish collecting chickens to get an item from the exclusive shop was a personal challenge (i.e collect 10, 15, 20 chickens) rather than a group challenge. How can you have a group challenge when we have no way of communicating with the other players in the group. Make it a group challenge just takes the stress to a new level, so much for it being stress free.
    Farm ID - #9Y2R9CPV
    Farm Level - 194
    Town Level - 60
    Achievements Completed - 143/144 just Bingo III to go
    Game Center - Philly+B

There is no way I could collect 100 chickens on my own. Some days I donít get any because group task chickens are a waste of time. There are almost never 3 players to fill the task in time.

To add to the frustration, help repair another farmer's truck task is up...

Of course this is an already uphill battle for me since it doesn't seem players hardly move, but about a good 25 spaces away, I do see a broken down truck icon. So, I spend 27 fuel to get there (made a few stops along the way to collect some tokens), and I get to the space, try to help the player, and am just getting a "Road Stop: Just a road stop, keep on driving!"

Yeah - thanks SC for your buggy valley. Guess I won't be getting that chicken in my 4th quest spot since I just used nearly all my fuel to get there.