Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy With New Valley Season!

Enjoying it? Well...a bit less this week than last week.
    My valley collected 100 chickens in one week -- with two weeks left of season....chickens lose their fun.
    Playing now just for tokens. Yah. Whatevs. I can exist without them. The fun is what counts and the fun was the chickens. So I'm playing a little less, maybe that's no harm.

I hope they revise the number again. Maybe have two chicken shops, one opens at 100, another at 200.

Ok? Keep everyone happy?
    VOTE HERE for a Derby Gift Catalogue.

Enable diamond confirmation --- but beware: it only works in some places! ❇click for info❇
    Of Chill Reputations ~ join a cool neighbourhood

Centennial Club
    Pitchfork we are same. We hit 100 days ago and now we are focused on tokens. No longer am I working to get more than my first 2 or 3 spins. If I happen to hit 200 suns from normal farming I spin, but I don’t focus on getting the spin, now it feels kind of “ho hum” to me. I will purchase my next two scrolls and will still have 500 tokens left so for rest of season, I just have to collect enough tokens to buy what I want from exclusive shop.

btwm love the idea of tired exclusive shops but I sure hope we get better deco than a train.

Quote Originally Posted by pitchfork View Post
    My valley collected 100 chickens in one week -- with two weeks left of season....chickens lose their fun.
    Playing now just for tokens. Yah. Whatevs. I can exist without them. The fun is what counts and the fun was the chickens. So I'm playing a little less, maybe that's no harm.

I hope they revise the number again. Maybe have two chicken shops, one opens at 100, another at 200.

Ok? Keep everyone happy?
    Problem is my valley only has 27 chickens. Because no one apart from me seems to be there. So 100 is way too many still for some, especially for solo and small hoods.

They need to revise the amount to reflect the size of hoods playing. To say there will be
    always be the same number of players in each valley regardless does not work.

Quite honestly if this is impossible to do, then they should cancel the chickens. Because its just not fair to keep showing a prize which is impossible for an individual to get no matter how hard they try.

Quote Originally Posted by pitchfork View Post

Ok? Keep everyone happy?
    Quote Originally Posted by HeaveninTN View Post
    Pitchfork we are same. We hit 100 days ago and now we are focused on tokens. No longer am I working to get more than my first 2 or 3 spins. If I happen to hit 200 suns from normal farming I spin, but I don’t focus on getting the spin, now it feels kind of “ho hum” to me. I will purchase my next two scrolls and will still have 500 tokens left so for rest of season, I just have to collect enough tokens to buy what I want from exclusive shop.

btwm love the idea of tired exclusive shops but I sure hope we get better deco than a train.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. I wanted to come here and say that 100 chickens is too easy but didn't want to deal with all the incoming screams from others.

My valley group is now at 135/100 chickens and I'm bored. I will collect more tokens for the scrolls but I'm already close to enough for all 3 scrolls and the Valley Train. What to do now?

Pitchfork, I like your idea of a 2nd shop after 200 chickens. That would be great!
    Last edited by JLSChook; August 16th, 2019 at 07:11 PM.

Stop it! You..you..you elitists! ;-)

Hmm.... I'm glad the chicken hunting is over. I want about 9100 tokens this time (not even for permit), need to be able to drive away from a chicken without bad feeling .

Trainee
    My problem with the valley is that there is very little playing time. Get some fuel spins, drive around for chickens and tokens and that’s it. Hardly more than 10 minutes of playing time per day. Of course the 40 diamonds are nice and a few scrolls also but after all the hype I had expected a bit more to do there. I wonder if there are going to be more developments in the valley with new features to make it more interesting.

I am missing out on enjoyment still. This time around I see very few chickens on the road and none when I need them for dailies.

i would like the valley to give a little fuel back as well, maybe some compensation for deliveries?

While I can understand that they are encouraging more fish area activity, truck deliveries, filling of boat crates and boosting the daily dirt with produce, etc., I don’t go beyond a couple of spins because 1) some farming activities I just don’t like and 2) I can generally do all tasks with little fuel, except for finding chickens and broken down trucks. I see neither.

oh, and any attempt at a third spin usually kills my lobster trap and nets stash
    Last edited by WussyPuss; August 16th, 2019 at 11:47 PM.
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

I got 25 diamonds from a large daily quest crate! What a pleasant surprise! Suddenly I'm more interested in the daily quests which I have pretty much ignored up to now.

I'm casually valleying this season since there is only one permit among my regular prizes Last season I was working hard every day to earn the tokens for 5 permits. This season, I piled up fuel the first few days and simply sat at a building filling the order there as it refreshed. That gave me a fuel supply of about 60. Luxury! Now, each day I pile up fuel and drive around a bit for quests or chickens.

Our valley has 29 chickens so far. I have done some significant driving to pick up chickens on the road and get to screaming chickens. I don't believe anyone is completing the screaming chicken quests and there's really no way to tell. Usually, I'm the first to fill the request. Yesterday, I was the second after a neighbor. There was a non-neighbor truck just a few stops away, but when I checked today, we hadn't earned any more chickens. I don't care about the train statue or boosters. I'll take the diamonds if we happen to get enough chickens, but I'm not inspired by the chicken hunt.

I'm assuming that there will be some "improvements" made to the valley in the fall update. It will be very interesting to see what those are. In the meantime, I'll happily take the quest prizes like my 25 diamonds.

Farm Level 125 | Town 40 | Achievements 143/144

Nice to see so many getting to the 100 mark. I am - again - in a Valley with few active, so most likely we wont reach the 100 chickens needed. Personally I have only stumbled upon a few chickens. Oh, and don't get me started on how I finally found one, and then my truck broke down. It was not just my truck that was letting steam out then.