Thread: Overtaken after maxing out?

Overtaken after maxing out?

Just joined a new hood, they were in the rookie league last week, 2 of them opted in. They were at 4020 points in 1st place, they had 5 normal tasks and 6 if they took an extra, so do the math 320x6 +350◊6 = 4020 so they maxed out completely in 1st place, now they told me they ended up in second but seem to think that is fine but to me it's impossible??? Can anyone shed any light on this?

Pro Member
    I think it is a timing thing. If the other team scored the same but finished their last task first they would be in 1st place.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

No they were first when I joined and had finished like I said... only thing I can think is it possible there was a team with an extra player in there? I heard it's possible but I never saw it happen.

What final total points does 1st place show in the standings?

It doesn't matter anymore, I had just joined and after derby finished it showed me my last hoods results and my new neighbours were far from talkative about the subject, I decided to derby alone In my own hood now. The only thing I know for sure is that they had 4020 points which is maximum possible and were 1st place which I saw on Sunday then today they said they were overtaken

Well, as a person who is not in derby, you donít get to see much. Sounds like too much hearsay.
    Last edited by WussyPuss; August 5th, 2019 at 04:45 PM.
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

I dont see why they would both lie about being overtaken

From my experience when going into a new hood I was able to see the derby task log as it was set to share, even though I was not in that derby. Maybe that is some type of glitch, don't know. A new member should at least been able to see the horses standing and points in spectator mode. That is what I was asking above is what that showed.
    It is the first team to max points that gets that first and keeps it. The system does not allow an extra player in on the team.
    All teams have same number of derby players opted in for the whole week.

New Bloke/Chick
    I've heard players talk about delaying starting to take tasks until they have them all prepped and ready to fly through. Supposedly that can give you a faster time? I've never tried that technique, but could that be what happened here?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsMissKitty View Post
    I've heard players talk about delaying starting to take tasks until they have them all prepped and ready to fly through. Supposedly that can give you a faster time? I've never tried that technique, but could that be what happened here?
    You are talking about something different.
    The OP was saying what was said in chat and not fact. As a new entry into the hood, a player has the luxury of being able to see the derby task log and the horse standings in spectator mode.

The delay starting is simply this... Your derby does not start until someone on the the team takes first task to play. You can get the task board set up first by trashing tasks and accumulating the tasks to play. Then stacking or preparing for the playable collection of tasks. You may not be able to fill every slot with playable tasks but a good number of them. Then after first task is taken, your derby starts, the competitor list of teams build. If done right, your first several tasks are played fast.