Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To all those who think edrag spam is broken:

Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    Also, very importantly, many of the complex, mutli-phase and "high skill" attacks many people see from watching youtube.
    Let's face it, how many youtubers share their epic fails? none?
    None indeed. Youtubers can do an attack 50 times, only to share the one that resulted in a triple.

So it's often all well and good that some crazy new strategy gets three stars, until you try to figure out how you would ever use it on a real base in a real game situation.
    Partly true: I have seen people practicing days and days in a row with FC's and they did master the technique. It is like with anything in life: if you practice enough, in the end you will succeed. And then comes the new meta

I'll cheerully keep throwing down low skill bowlers, hasn't ever bothered me what people think of how I raid
    Simple doesn't mean bad.
    This CWL out of 4 attacks I had 2 triples (12v12). Both were with armies where bowlers and witches formed the code of the attack, though of course both were fine tuned to the base I attacked.

The simple variation of bowitch is deploying a line of giants, followed by witches bowlers heroes and siege. That attack has as much chance on a triple as deploying electro dragons and loons in a row: decent chance on a 2 star, barely chance on a triple. It is the fine tuning of the army, and troop/spell placement, that makes the difference.

My main reason not to get into these multi stage attacks is simply the time needed to get good at them. When in game I do like the social part, and have 8 LL attacks to do. Plus my war/cwl attacks. That does not give me the time to peel apart a base and spend an hour or more coming up with a plan, so usually I pick a base that suits my play style, and spend 5-10 minutes max between picking it and planning it (usually I play in bigger wars with plenty 12s to pick from).

Centennial Club
    Also, very importantly, many of the complex, mutli-phase and "high skill" attacks many people see from watching youtube.
    Let's face it, how many youtubers share their epic fails? none?
    Most popular Youtubers only share attacks by good war players rather than their own.

If you also want to see the fails, you can watch Livestreams of the community war leagues.

The ESL qualifier Livestreams are also a good place to learn meta strategies. Those players only use what works best.

Or some top Clans like Vatang, blaze jp or rtk upload their recaps of the clan war leagues. There's lots of content out there.

So it's often all well and good that some crazy new strategy gets three stars, until you try to figure out how you would ever use it on a real base in a real game situation.
    The attacks that get showcased on youtube are usually meta strategies, strategies that already proved themselves in competitive play many times.

I have never been in a Clan with really good players I could learn from. So I watched a lot of Youtube videos and I'm still actively watching. And it helped me to get to that point where I am now. I mastered every important meta strategy and I have the abilities to 3 star any (th12) base.

I'll cheerully keep throwing down low skill bowlers, hasn't ever bothered me what people think of how I raid
    Simple doesn't mean bad.
    No, that's completely fine. The majority of clashers attack rather simple.
    Last edited by Lorenz98; August 6th, 2019 at 11:56 AM.

Forum Veteran
    Watch lots of vids, cwl replays, etc., and I’m not exactly sure what a multiphase attack is any more. Would guess any attack with bats is multi? Any attack with a qw or qc into mass anything else is? See very little surgical anything going on beyond the rare laloon. Surgical hogs generally fail miserably, as they’re better in mass.

Landscape has changed since th9’s heyday, forever. That warden, versus huge, spread bases against that same 3 minute timer...takes a fairly trained eye to differentiate between what some consider spam and others multiphase.

TH12...level 243...65/65/40...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 36 mil...atb 6032

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonatore View Post
    Watch lots of vids, cwl replays, etc., and I’m not exactly sure what a multiphase attack is any more. Would guess any attack with bats is multi? Any attack with a qw or qc into mass anything else is? See very little surgical anything going on beyond the rare laloon. Surgical hogs generally fail miserably, as they’re better in mass.

Landscape has changed since th9’s heyday, forever. That warden, versus huge, spread bases against that same 3 minute timer...takes a fairly trained eye to differentiate between what some consider spam and others multiphase.
    Yeah, thats why I don't like the differentiation between spam and multi phased attacks. It's not exactly clear what counts as a own phase. And multi phased doesn't always mean more complex. A Killsquad is definitely easier than a queencharge for example. Or Lalo is typically harder than Hogs as backend.

What makes an attack skillful in my eyes are the technical details.
    When watching the attack I can see how experienced a player is and how much thought he put in the attack.