Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Forum Cup is finally Back! Adapt or Die event 16/17/18 August

The Forum Cup is finally Back! Adapt or Die event 16/17/18 August

We're pleased to announce the next Forum Cup is finally back with another new event - titled "Adapt or Die".

Click here for Day 1 theme rules - "The Good Old Days"

Click here for Day 2 theme rules - "And now for something completely different!"

If you're new here, the Forum Cup is an intermittent set of not-too-serious contests open to all forumers, usually with gem prizes. Originally they started as straight 5v5 war or FC contests, but recently we've tended to vary them more. It's been just over a year since the last one, but we're finally back...

This is a fun war event on 16th-18th August open to any forumer with a TH10+; we will allocate entrants into 4 clans who will each play the 3 other clans in friendly wars, one per day. The catch... is that each day will have a different theme, with different rules, especially about troops that can be used, and the theme will only be announced just before battle day - the challenge is to adapt each day and work out a strategy. If you spam the same troops every single war attack, this comp might not be for you

(TLDR; to enter click here to join our discord server, then fill in the registration form)

How it works:
    Players who sign up are organised by us into 4 balanced clans. If we have too many signups it's likely some players won't get on the initial clan lists. BUT often we have no-shows, so there's still a good chance of getting in. You have to join your allocated clan on or before 10am GMT Thu 15th August (24 hours before first war starts). On Fri 16th, Sat 17th and Sun 18th the clans do one friendly war per day against other clans in the competition. There will be specific rules for each of the 3 war days, announced just before battle day commences (near the end of prep). You'll need regular war bases - the rules will allow enough troops that normal warbases work best.

At the end of the 3 days, the winning clan is determined by total stars (with total destruction as tie-breaker), not by wins. But with 2 additions:
    - there is a 5* bonus for winning a war.
    - there will be a few bonus stars available according to the theme each day

SC kindly provide shiny green prizes for everyone in the winning clan: 2500 gems per player.

So what are the daily themes - well they're secret We've done air+ground wars in the past, where each player had to do 1 fully air attack and 1 fully ground attack each war. Think something like that... only more imaginative And for example the bonus might the 3* attack that used the most minions gets 1* bonus - then the strategy then is deciding is it worth burning a TH12 attack beating up a TH10 with mass minions to go for the bonus, or is the TH12 attack needed elsewhere?
    As a teaser: every conceivable army combination will be possible at some point during the 3 days. Love PekkaBoBat: you could use it - at some time. Fan of the famous wb+healer combination? That's possible on at least one day. But... the name of this game is adapt.

Who can sign up?
    To sign up you need to:
    - be TH10, TH11 or TH12 - and you mustn't upgrade your TH during the competition!
    - able to be in the competition clan for the duration of the competition. (You can pop to your home clan briefly, but need to be there most of the time)
    - have a forum account (if you don't, you can sign up here )
    - Anyone who signed up for a previous clan-based forum cup and just didn't turn up without telling us is not eligible

Accounts must have all significant defences for the their TH to assist with matching. Only one entry is allowed per person.

How to enter:
    We use discord to organise the competitions and all participants must join the server. You don't need to download or install anything, you can use discord in a web browser if you want. If you aren't already on our discord server from a previous comp, you should first:
    - either download the discord app, select Join Server and enter the code "KEUxV2e" (that code is case sensitive - you must get the capitals right)
    - or just click this link to open it in the web: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Next you need to check your war weight in the game. You can do this by checking any war replay of an attack on your base - the gold available to loot is your war weight. Or do a friendly challenge and get a clanmate to scout your base, look in the storages and add up the gold in all stores AND the TH. For more info see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kx-9s3bvZU.

Then you need to enter your details on the signup form. You will need your ID from discord, your forum username, and your player tag from the game. These details are checked, so you need to open our discord server BEFORE trying to sign up.

To register for the competition, click this link and enter your info: http://52.214.79.106/Register.aspx

Registration is expected to close at about 18:00 GMT on Sunday 11th August.

Next step:
    We will post clan lists on discord a few days before the competition starts - hopefully on the Tuesday. We will appoint a liaison for each clan, who is the initial clan leader. The liaison is responsible for communicating with the judges if any clan players are missing. All clans will be level 10+ (we will provide temporary clans)

Anyone who is not allocated to a clan in the initial lists will be on the reserve list - and still has a good chance of playing as often we have people not show up. So don't start war in your home clan just because you don't make the initial list! You must be in your allocated clan by 10:00 GMT on Thursday. If you are not there, your place will be given to a reserve.

If you find you can't attend after signing up but before the event starts, please tell us. People who just fail to turn up for clan-based competitions cause chaos and are barred from all future forum cups.

During the event:
    There will be 1 war each day starting at 10am UTC, with 2 hours prep time and 16 hours battle time. This should allow people from most timezones to take part - you don't need to be online the whole time. People will be in clans on Thursday and we will try and organise some very short FW against a dummy clan so that people can select war bases. Friendly wars do NOT use your regular war base, so you must select one.

The theme and rules for the day will be posted on here and on discord near the end of prep.

Timings
    The deadline to be in the clan and the war (prep) start at 10am UTC. This is:
    11:00 British (Summer) Time
    12:00 Central European (Summer) Time
    15:30 IST
    18:00 Chinese time
    03:00 Pacific Daylight Time
    05:00 Central Daylight Time
    06:00 Eastern Daylight Time

After this prep day is 2 hours, and battle day 16 hours - so war ends 18 hours after it starts, with a 6 hour break before the next.

Rules:

1. All participants must have forum accounts.
    2. All attacks have special rules or restrictions. If you see an opponent attack which is not valid, report it to us and the attack will be disregarded. Further penalties will depend on context.
    3. No power or hero potions can be used for war attacks in the competition.
    4. Each round the participating clans will fight in a friendly war against another participating clan. Preparation time will be set to 2 hour and War time will be 16 hours. If both clan leaders agree they can start prep time early with a longer prep as long as battle day starts at the right time.
    5. The winning clan is the clan with the highest total stars scored across their 3 wars, including 5 per war win, and any bonus stars earned. Total destruction is the tie breaker. If that is also equal the winner is decided by cat-meme-shootout (each clan has 5 minutes to produce memes containing cats on a theme of the judges' choosing)
    6. The clan that is listed first in each bracket starts the friendly clan war within 10 minutes before or after the start of each round. The other clan must accept within 10 minutes of the challenge. If a clan fails to challenge or accept in time they will be penalised or disqualified by the judges.
    7. The rounds are started at predefined times as specified above. If you receive a request not meeting these conditions (wrong timings or players), don't accept it or both clans may be penalised. If the sending clan doesn't fix the request within 5 minutes, the clan that sent the request is penalised. Please, take screenshots as proof.
    8. Every clan is obliged to accept judges, and possibly official streamers or youtubers, to join their clan. A list of judges will be published on discord before the start.
    9. All clan war logs must be public
    10. Clans are allowed to admit friends and spectators if they want, but they are not required to admit anyone except those on the clan list, comp judges and any streamers designated by the judges.
    11. If you need a judge, post a message on discord with "@judge" to ping us. A judge will then visit your clan at the earliest opportunity, stating forum name. Please check the list of judges before you accept, to be sure you accept a judge rather than someone spying :-)
    12. The participating members need to be in the clan before the start times indicated above.
    13. Each person may only enter one account.
    14. Your TH cannot be upgraded during this competition. If anyone's TH no longer matches the one they signed up with, they will be replaced.
    15. Please remember not to edit your war base less than 24 hours before the start of this tournament. Otherwise, you will be unable to use that base in the Friendly Wars.
    16. Usual game ToS apply of course - anyone suspected of cheating will be removed and reported to SC.
    17. The language of the competition is English and operates under forum rules regarding language and general behaviour. Some leeway is allowed as the game and discord are live chat rather than a message board; but anyone being offensive will be disqualified.
    18. Judges have the final say and may decide to adapt the rules during the tournament if needed
    Last edited by OnyxDS; August 17th, 2019 at 11:30 AM.
    Various data posts: Who plays what? CWL data 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other) Data at end of old Legends And (non-data) how max bases are ordered in war
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Reserved!!!

Signed up! Bring on the battles

Thanks for DragonX101 for his great work!

Centennial Club
    Adapt or die? I choose die.
    Let's die everybody.

My first time seeing this... Think my clan would care if I left for 3-4 days... Hope not. 😁

Forum>Supercell Main>Forum Talk>Signature Shops>[GFX Shop] TerMinus Prime [TP]
    when i try to enter my discord id , it says no matching user?

Recruitment || Forum Achievements
    Want Signature/avatar/clan banner or poster? *Click here*

Quote Originally Posted by TerMinus Prime View Post
    when i try to enter my discord id , it says no matching user?
    I can't see you on discord. Try pinging me (@OnyxDS) on there, and I can tell you what the exact ID is. But the signup page should be finding it if you enter anything sensible
    Various data posts: Who plays what? CWL data 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other) Data at end of old Legends And (non-data) how max bases are ordered in war
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Limits like fear are often just an illusion
    Signed up with my Th12.
    I was in the last Forum Cup too but in the reserves and never got to play.Hopefully this time will be different.

Forum>Supercell Main>Forum Talk>Signature Shops>[GFX Shop] TerMinus Prime [TP]
    Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    I can't see you on discord. Try pinging me (@OnyxDS) on there, and I can tell you what the exact ID is. But the signup page should be finding it if you enter anything sensible
    I enrolled
    it was my mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Rak2180 View Post
    Signed up with my Th12.
    I was in the last Forum Cup too but in the reserves and never got to play.Hopefully this time will be different.
    same with me
    Last edited by TerMinus Prime; August 4th, 2019 at 12:30 PM.

Recruitment || Forum Achievements
    Want Signature/avatar/clan banner or poster? *Click here*

I'm just about to make an update to the registration; if you try in the next 5 minutes and it fails, please give it a few minutes and try again

Quote Originally Posted by Rak2180 View Post
    Signed up with my Th12.
    Do you mean reddit v forum? Because that's not organised by us. If you missed out on the no-dip wars you must have been unlucky - we got almost everyone in there (in fact we ran too low on reserves really)
    --------------------