Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Forum Cup is finally Back! Adapt or Die event 16/17/18 August

A minor complaint...

WHATS WITH ALL THE REDDIT ALL OVER THE CLANS FOR THE FORUM TOURNAMENT?

The devil's clan has something about Reddit into the description... And one clan has Reddit in the name?

Forum event or Reddit event?

Makes me think "What events am I missing out on in the Reddit place I can't navigate?"

Again minor complaint cause I am thankful of the high level clans. 😃

Peace be with you ✌️

The reddit clans are just because reddit seem to have a lot of dead clans
    It's just some high level clans we know that we can borrow. We had offers of others from forumers, but since we already had these lined up with people in them, we stuck with them
    Various data posts: Who plays what? CWL data 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other) Data at end of old Legends And (non-data) how max bases are ordered in war
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    Clan lists are here: http://52.214.79.106/TidyClanList.aspx

Remember not to start new wars in your home clan or you'll have a war timer that stops you entering
    Technically I am a reserve but I'll not appear in this list right?
    Cricket World Cup 2019 discussion thread!<^_^>
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-%F0%9F%8F%86

Quote Originally Posted by SamirMishra View Post
    Technically I am a reserve but I'll not appear in this list right?
    If you signed up quite late, correct. That list filters to people who signed up by the right day
    Various data posts: Who plays what? CWL data 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other) Data at end of old Legends And (non-data) how max bases are ordered in war
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Just a reminder to those in the event and not in your event clan yet, time is running out and you don't want to loose your spot!

Click the link below for the countdown timer.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...lan&font=serif
    Level: 256 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5376 | Donations: 1.26 million | Hero Levels: 170
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

Centennial Club
    I am in the reserves list. Once the first war starts will I no longer be a possible Reserve or do they sometimes need reserves during the three days of War?

Quote Originally Posted by ck2films View Post
    I am in the reserves list. Once the first war starts will I no longer be a possible Reserve or do they sometimes need reserves during the three days of War?
    In the past there has tended to be the odd dropout during events - and getting reserves quickly for the next war can be a right pain. But mostly it's people that don't turn up at all
    --------------------

Day 1 Adapt or Die theme is... "The Good Old Days"
    Remember when GoWipe was a thing? When clan levels didn't exist? Or friendly war? We hope so, because day 1 takes us on a trip down memory lane...
    Attack rules:
    One attack by each player on Day 1 must be a traditional GoWipe attack. You can use Golems, Pekkas, Wiz and... well, since we're generous wall-breakers. You can use any spells. (Edit: and we'll allow up to 3 arch to fill a space in the army camp)
    The second attack... you can use any troops available in the game before TH11 existed. Can't remember that far back? Here's a handy list:

But, to give you a chance, you CAN use siege machines and all heroes. You can do the 2 attacks in either order as long as they follow these rules. The troops and spells in the CC must also follow these rules.
    This is a Dippy war - you CAN hit TH lower than you.

Today's bonus stars:
    "Walls of Jericho". Remember when EQ was actually used to break walls? There is a 1* bonus for the set of 4 EQ which break the most walls. If tied, the first one wins. Any clan who thinks they have a good EQ drop should message the judges ASAP so we can count up the segments.

"Mirror, mirror on the wall"... and remember when many clans did mirror attacks? In honour of that dead, and hopefully very deeply buried, tradition, there is a 2* bonus for the clan gets the most triples on mirror targets - ie where a player attacks their own number. (An attack does count if the target is already tripled). If 2 clans have equal they get 1* each. If 3, then no bonus is given.
    (Note: you don't need to hit mirrors in this war. You can hit anyone. But this bonus is only earned from mirror attacks)

Hint - this comp is partly about clan strategy. With one attack being much more limited you need to work out the best way to get the most stars from the attacks available. Overall clan strategy is likely to be somewhat different to a normal war.
    The bonuses are only once for the event: it's not one bonus per war. So the bonus might go to a clan in the other war happening at the same time. Again you need to decide how much it's worth chasing the bonuses
    Last edited by OnyxDS; August 16th, 2019 at 11:50 AM.
    --------------------

And the answers to the questions on discord (some of which just repeats what is above)

Are defence CC restricted? Defence CC can be anything. This applies all 3 days. You are filling defence CC before the special rules are released. Valks etc? GoWipe means exactly that. It's deliberately a limited attack

Is EQ compulsory with gowipe?
    No - you can use jump or wb or nothing. It says any spells. There is just a bonus for the best EQ used today

Can party wiz be used? No. Not in today's war.

Can recent spells be used with the GoWipe? YES. For that attack absolutely any spell is allowed, including the recent ones. It's the other attack that has to stick to the pre-TH11 theme

Is the EQ bonus for the gowipe or either attack? EITHER. Any attack today can count for that bonus

What cc troops for gowipe? For BOTH wars today CC troops have to follow the same rules as the main troops

Can siege machines be used with GoWipe? Yes, any siege can be used with either attack. We felt it would be too unbalanced if they were taken away completely

What funnelling troops are allowed in gowipe? Basically none. It's literally just those troops. EXCEPT - we will allow up to 3 archers to fill a gap left in the army camps. Any larger space can be filled with wiz
    --------------------

Day 2 Adapt or Die theme is: "And now for something completely different".

Didn't like the old troops? That's OK because the rules for today are that you need to use something different. Anything in fact, as long as it's different...

First attack:
    Your first attack can use anything at all, EXCEPT the troops you used in your camps in your non-gowipe attack in day 1. Used a minion to funnel in day 1? If so, then no minions in this attack! For this attack you can use ANY spells, even if used in day 1, and any siege machine. The troops in your CC yesterday don't matter (partly because they're harder to check), but your CC troops today have to follow the same rules - they can't match yesterday's camp troops.
    Screenshots of the start of every pre-TH11 attack from day 1 are on discord so you can check if your opponent clan got it right.
    Anyone who joined as a replacement has to apply the rule to the troops in the attack of the person they replaced.
    Anyone who missed their pre-TH11 attack in day 1 cannot use hogs, healers or bowlers in their first attack today.

Second attack:
    Your second attack... can be anything you don't use in the first attack! And that includes spells and siege machines and the troops in your CC (and CC troops can't be used in camps in the other attack) - a troop can't appear anywhere in both attacks. You can't use anything except your heroes in both attacks: different troops, different spells, different SM. We did warn you, you'd need to be able to adapt to different attack strategies for this comp

These 2 attacks must be done in the correct order. The first attack used is the one which cannot use troops from day 1. Hint: it is probably worth planning what army you might use in your second attack, before doing your first!
    This day is no dip. Neither attack can be on a TH lower than you, but they can be on a higher TH. You can attack below you on the map as long as it's the same TH.

Today's bonus stars:
    "Little green men": Goblins aren't used enough in war. At least we think so. There is a 1* bonus for the best / most heroic / most crucial (or perhaps just funniest) use of goblin(s) in a war attack today. This will be decided by the judges, with emphasis on where the goblin was a crucial part of the attack. This bonus might be awarded more than once, even to the same clan, if the judges think there are several very good contenders. Note this is a subjective decision by the judges. Report any good claims and we'll decide which we like the best.

"Noah's arc": There is also a 1* bonus for the attack that uses exactly 2 (not more) of the most different troop types in one attack. The attack can use different numbers of other troops; it's just the troops where exactly 2 were deployed that are counted up. So if you use 2 golems, 2 pekkas, 2 wb and loads of wizards, then that's 3 different types. If 2 people have the same number, the first one gets the bonus.
    Hint: if you just drop 2 of everything to go for the bonus, that will make your other attack slightly difficult

Heads up for day 3:
    (1) Timing will have some impact in day 3. If anyone absolutely must do BOTH attacks in the first 8 hours of battle in day 3 war, please let us know TODAY. (Not all attacks have to wait tomorrow, but some might)
    (2) There will be more bonuses available in day 3 than days 1 and 2 - it will be possible in theory for a clan who lost both to make a late dash for glory and catch up!
    Last edited by OnyxDS; August 17th, 2019 at 12:05 PM.
    --------------------