Thread: API to Include Clan Chat

API to Include Clan Chat

Was going to post this in the New Features section but I think this section works better because there hasn't been an api update for quite a while, however, there has been significant updates to gameplay which has increased revenue significantly.
    Would be nice to be able to use both a get (read) and post (write) so that one can keep track of clan chat while not having to be logged in since simply turning on notifications for clan chat would be overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by IWrateHulk View Post
    Was going to post this in the New Features section but I think this section works better because there hasn't been an api update for quite a while, however, there has been significant updates to gameplay which has increased revenue significantly.
    Would be nice to be able to use both a get (read) and post (write) so that one can keep track of clan chat while not having to be logged in since simply turning on notifications for clan chat would be overkill.
    I second this, I want to build bots that can read chat msgs and iteract with the clan in various forms.

Regards,

Fresh Spawn
    Hi,

I doubt this would ever happen. Two main reasons:

- Unless you want your clan chat to be public, this would be a significant undertaking since there would need to be some way for your bot to authenticate to get permission to read the chat.

- The API has so far been read only for interactions with the game data, so providing a mechanism to write to the game from the API likely isn't even in the framework.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but there is so much low hanging fruit in the API that SC has basically ignored, so I doubt they will be adding anything like this.

Evo2.