Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stop Blossom Derby

Task, it dies
    Quote Originally Posted by pitchfork View Post
    What happens when you keep trashing the blossom tasks? Do they always get replaced by blossoms tasks?

I have to say my say my hood seems to have a good helping of 320 tasks plus the blossoms ones.
    I think Tombat’s point was this: as a solo player, if you take a blossom task the space on the board is not freed until you complete it and then trash the next “bloom” and then you have to wait another half hour to get a new, hopefully 320 point, task. In other words, the 12th space on the task board is tied up for the length of the task plus 30 minutes. And this derby there were few 320 tasks spawning...at least on my board.

This derby, I was able to put 10 seconds in between trashing tasks. By the time the first task was refreshing, I was checking it, deleting it and getting a new blossom task every few seconds until I saw one I liked.

i cannot always invest the time to do this, but I certainly will do so going forward
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Quote Originally Posted by purpleclove View Post
    As hoodies and leader have different view on task choices, there is much conflict going on on which tasks to keep. This has created unhappiness. I hope Hay Day wild stepped in and stopped giving us any Blossomm Derby, it is getting bloody.
    Thanks

There is a lot of hood implosion occurring during this derby. It can get to the point where there is team mutiny upon the leader. Gets mighty lonely at the top. This derby forces players to have to work closely and dependently with each other. When you got a team of serious derby players mixed with a few casual players you got a storm coming your way.

I like this derby when playing a two or three person team because if everyone is on-board it is easy to conduct and finish successfully. But it can get mighty dangerous if you are leading a large hood of undisciplined ingrates. I already lost one player over it who threw a furious tantrum in chat before leaving, and going to kick another at derby end. Probably have others who will opt out of next derby or leave the hood who knows.
    Unless your hood is highly organized and disciplined I think the best thing for a leader to do during this derby is forget about winning a trophy, play stupid, sit back and let the team play it for a lost cause, and hope that blossom derby does not appear two weeks in a row.

You can make a blossom task work to your advantage in a single person team. Actually you have a much better chance winning against diamond blowers if you know how to work it.

dtx,

Again I feel obliged to point out that this is a teamwork issue not a blossom derby issue!

I sure hope my NH leader doesn't feel we are a bunch of ingrates!

The leader/s take on added stress in every derby. We have been truly blessed in my hood by two great leaders who have each sought to minimise stress for all hoodies, for example no pressure to even take a blossom task, or freedom to fail a mystery task, but they've done this by actively creating a hood that understands it's aims and goals. We have players with different aims and different senses of enjoyment, but we still work as a team, without shouting at each other (we don't even use chat in the hood!) because the NH Leader does a lot of background work, I don't mean talk I mean actively watching the team at work and keeping a dynamic taskboard that offers a variety of choices.

I wouldn't describe us as highly organised and highly disciplined, but as highly motivated by togetherness and by fun, and by prioritising that over worrying about "lost 80 points".

We get most columns and often all ones (all this blossom week) - and sometimes we even get trophies.
    VOTE HERE for a Derby Gift Catalogue.

Enable diamond confirmation --- but beware: it only works in some places! ❇click for info❇
    Of Chill Reputations ~ join a cool neighbourhood

dtx,

Again I feel obliged to point out that this is a teamwork issue not a blossom derby issue!

I sure hope my NH leader doesn't feel we are a bunch of ingrates!

The leader/s take on added stress in every derby. We have been truly blessed in my hood by two great leaders who have each sought to minimise stress for all hoodies, for example no pressure to even take a blossom task, or freedom to fail a mystery task, but they've done this by actively creating a hood that understands it's aims and goals. We have players with different aims and different senses of enjoyment, but we still work as a team, without shouting at each other (we don't even use chat in the hood!) because the NH Leader does a lot of background work, I don't mean talk I mean actively watching the team at work and keeping a dynamic taskboard that offers a variety of choices.

I wouldn't describe us as highly organised and highly disciplined, but as highly motivated by togetherness and by fun, and by prioritising that over worrying about "lost 80 points".

We get most columns and often all ones (all this blossom week) - and sometimes we even get trophies.

Likewise, pitchfork!

i would not dream to make blossom tasks mandatory. We are in it to stay in champions league with all horseshoes. Cups and placing mean nothing

Quote Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
    Task, it dies

I think Tombat’s point was this: as a solo player, if you take a blossom task the space on the board is not freed until you complete it and then trash the next “bloom” and then you have to wait another half hour to get a new, hopefully 320 point, task. In other words, the 12th space on the task board is tied up for the length of the task plus 30 minutes. And this derby there were few 320 tasks spawning...at least on my board.
    Thanks. I'm still scratching my head about why this is a disadvantage. If every solo player is at the same disadvantage, it's no disadvantage. In multi player hoods the 12th space is occupied for even longer. As are the 11th, 10th, 9th...
    VOTE HERE for a Derby Gift Catalogue.

Enable diamond confirmation --- but beware: it only works in some places! ❇click for info❇
    Of Chill Reputations ~ join a cool neighbourhood

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dtx725 View Post

But it can get mighty dangerous if you are leading a large hood of undisciplined ingrates.
    Unless your hood is highly organized and disciplined I think the best thing for a leader to do during this derby is forget about winning a trophy, play stupid, sit back and let the team play it for a lost cause, and hope that blossom derby does not appear two weeks in a row.
    I am taking a different track this time around. I have asked that people put their desired task in their name until they take it. I have explained that it makes it easier for leaders/ co-leaders/ elders to look at the neighborhood list and see which tasks are wanted. So I have deleted tasks.... easy blossom tasks. Only to get "ohhh I wanted that task!". I just type "Really? Because your name has stayed the same." Personally I don't care if they leave. In the long run, people will get on board or find themselves forever frustrated.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Thanks. I'm still scratching my head about why this is a disadvantage. If every solo player is at the same disadvantage, it's no disadvantage. In multi player hoods the 12th space is occupied for even longer. As are the 11th, 10th, 9th...
    You're not wrong. 😁

Just opt out

Quote Originally Posted by purpleclove View Post
    As hoodies and leader have different view on task choices, there is much conflict going on on which tasks to keep. This has created unhappiness. I hope Hay Day wild stepped in and stopped giving us any Blossomm Derby, it is getting bloody.

Thanks
    We have a nice NH policy. If you don’t like a derby, opt out. No bad feelings. Maybe you need a new NH with more relaxed rules.

Farm level: 236 Silo 11,650 and always full, no really it is full!
    Start date: 01/09/2013
    Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by Besta are Bestas opinions, ideas and concerns.
    “I think I have a new favorite notification from HayDay: “The scarecrow made me do it”. Quote accredited to dtx275