Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stop Blossom Derby

Stop Blossom Derby

As hoodies and leader have different view on task choices, there is much conflict going on on which tasks to keep. This has created unhappiness. I hope Hay Day wild stepped in and stopped giving us any Blossomm Derby, it is getting bloody.

Thanks

Pro Member
    I would vote no. YES, I know that some team members just CAN NOT wrap their heads around the need to communicate clearly. To punish everyone else who loves this derby by taking it away is selfish.

If your team can't do it maybe they just need to get through this one and opt out of the next one.

Somethings to maybe help out.
    Have each player change their name for the derby, to their name (maybe shorten it) and the task they still need to do.
    For example Joe EggTrainHelp. Then as they do a task they take it off. When they have done all the task they can change their name to Joe DONE.
    Explain to the group that the task timer starts as soon as the first person takes the task, so no one should take a task until they are able to play and get it done quickly. No Blossom tasks should be taken before bed or work.
    The blossom task board has fewer tasks on it, so big neighborhoods need to be patient.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Fresh Spawn
    Blossom derby discriminates against solo players since it blocks the board whilst you do the task. So few 320 tasks in this derby I had to check I was still in the Champions League

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tombat07 View Post
    Blossom derby discriminates against solo players since it blocks the board whilst you do the task. So few 320 tasks in this derby I had to check I was still in the Champions League
    I do agree that blossom derbies are stacked against solo players because the highest points you can do is 320. Keep in mind that you are matched with other solo players in the derby who also can't do tasks above 320. AND you can still do the 320 blossom tasks as regular tasks. I am playing solo on one of my baby farms and while I am getting hit with a lot of lower point tasks I have gotten a few 320's to do just in case I hate the next blossom task. I just finished a 320 sugarcane blossom task, I trashed it when I was done and now I am waiting to see what the next board brings.
    Heart in Hands
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Quote Originally Posted by purpleclove View Post
    As hoodies and leader have different view on task choices, there is much conflict going on on which tasks to keep. This has created unhappiness. I hope Hay Day wild stepped in and stopped giving us any Blossomm Derby, it is getting bloody.

Thanks
    Sounds like a neighbourhood issue to me. Maybe you could compromise by playing it the leader's way one week and the hoody's way the next time?
    VOTE HERE for a Derby Gift Catalogue.

Enable diamond confirmation --- but beware: it only works in some places! ❇click for info❇
    Of Chill Reputations ~ join a cool neighbourhood

Quote Originally Posted by Tombat07 View Post
    What happens when you keep trashing the blossom tasks? Do they always get replaced by blossoms tasks?

I have to say my say my hood seems to have a good helping of 320 tasks plus the blossoms ones.
    VOTE HERE for a Derby Gift Catalogue.

Enable diamond confirmation --- but beware: it only works in some places! ❇click for info❇
    Of Chill Reputations ~ join a cool neighbourhood

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pitchfork View Post
    What happens when you keep trashing the blossom tasks? Do they always get replaced by blossoms tasks?

I have to say my say my hood seems to have a good helping of 320 tasks plus the blossoms ones.
    A new blossom task will appear in 30 minutes if you trash one.
    I am solo, and perhaps it is because I am not in champions league as I just joined an abandoned neighborhood two weeks ago, but I am getting a LOT of low point tasks. Right now I have a 320 help task and waiting on a new blossom task. I trashed everything else from 60- 318. The only other 320 task was boat.
    Heart in Hands
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

We like the Blossom Derbys. Why try to get rid of them when the problem is clearly one of team work and communication.
    As others have said there are things you can do to get the best out of the Blossom, changing farm names to indicate which tasks you still have to do etc.
    We tend to stick out for fast crop tasks and Help, mining, town etc, preparing town on the Monday as soon as we know it’s Blossom week. We never take production tasks because of the time limit so they get trashed as soon as they appear.

This week we decided to trash ‘duplicate’ crop tasks if they appeared on the board within an hour of the first one. That way it was easy to identify which of the 2 carrot tasks hoodies had completed and enabled us to trash the right one when all 15 players had done it.

Another thing we do is stagger the trashing if we are waiting for a Blossom task to pop up, trashing a couple of tasks every 10 minutes so that when a ‘bad’ Blossom task appears we can trash and know the next will be there in 10 mins, not 30.
    Clover ’Girls' 17 adult, male & female, English speaking players from around the world. 100+ cups in Champ League. Ten tasks @320/400 or opt out.
    Level 85 please.
    Look for white dog, pink heart #2GPVQCVC

I do like the blossom derby, however, it’s too much of a good thing of late.

You cannot please everyone, though. from what I have seen on the forum, most seem to like Mystery Derbies, whereas I tolerate them at best

it has been a little repetitive this summer
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Blossom 🌼🌼🌸 Derby 🌻🌹🌺 & Power Derby is quite difficult & stressful because the tasks are very low point, but Blossom Derby is better because sometimes there are some 350 point tasks show up on the Board, Power Derby is worse.

Maybe not to Stop it, but make it less frequent (maybe once in one or two month).