Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Builder base 100% draw, win based on who has quickest time.(who reaches 100% first)

Quote Originally Posted by Orientmaster View Post
    Well it was an idea. Not everyone is going to see it my way. And I might not see it someone else's way. I guess doing things the way the human race has been for years on fastest times win is truly arbitrary. When in a race I guess then everyone that passes the finish ....
    Only true if a race. There are many non-race competitions. In basketball, your team starts with a bang and scores 80 points to my 0 in the first 10 minutes. Remainder of the game, I shut you out 80-0. We tied the game at end of regulation, 80-80. inmaterial that you scored 80 sooner.

In fact, the races you noted only have clocks to determine how fast they ran. They do not have game clocks. In a 5k run, the rule is "when the winner crosses the finish line, regadless of how long that may be". In versus battles there is a game clock (basketball, football, etc.). Human race has indeed been doing it correct, you are simply comparing apples (no set end time competitions, whom is fastest) to oranges (competitions with game clocks, like Clash, whom scores most within alloted time, or bowling frames, or baseball innings, etc.).
    Last edited by rowman; July 31st, 2019 at 05:22 PM.

Forum Superstar
    If someone reaches 100% why can't they be counted as the winner. During clan wars if star are equal it boils down to % destroyed as a secondary judge. Why not have vs. Battles have a secondary judge of time when there is a draw?
    Because this would be poor game design. Forcing everyone to use the same fast mass spam attacks that take advantage of faster moving troops.

In other words, sneaky archers, pekkas, baby dragons etc would be inferior to drop ship/minion attacks or even mass barb attacks.

Banned
    I think I know why OP probably wants it
    Those ties are super frustrating, when you're not fussed about BH raids, and it's a chore, then you have to do even more.
    I remember at some lower BH they happened a lot with 100% ties because everyone had better offense than defense

How about in a tie, no waiting for your army to remake?
    That would be nice. Or count it as a half win and half loot?

I don't have a problem with ties being in the game, but they sure do annoy me in BH

Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    I think I know why OP probably wants it
    Those ties are super frustrating, when you're not fussed about BH raids, and it's a chore, then you have to do even more.
    I remember at some lower BH they happened a lot with 100% ties because everyone had better offense than defense

How about in a tie, no waiting for your army to remake?
    That would be nice. Or count it as a half win and half loot?

I don't have a problem with ties being in the game, but they sure do annoy me in BH
    Ties annoy me too, but they don’t happen often other than on a couple accounts I intentionally keep low for clan games. I suspect SC wouldn’t want to do anything to encourage that type of low trophy playing even more, which providing half win/loot would. I do like your idea of no waiting for the army to train again, although even that isn’t as much of an issue now that the BM doesn’t take so long. I really hated waiting for him in the past.
    Last edited by 2222; July 31st, 2019 at 09:13 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, check this thread on how to fight collusion here.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #15
    Well it was an idea. Not everyone is going to see it my way. And I might not see it someone else's way. I guess doing things the way the human race has been for years on fastest times win is truly arbitrary. When in a race I guess then everyone that passes the finish line should all get a draw/tie. And there should be no account to who finishes first. When battling, it is a race between two people.
    Totally wrong, in every part of that I'm afraid. If you can't tell the difference between a battle and a race, then you really cannot understand Clash at all.

Battles are not about who finishes first, and never have been. They are about who does more damage. Races are about who finishes first, but have NOTHING to do with battles. Or Clash.

And I do believe (in a draw) the person that does finish first should be awarded for not just being complete with their attack but being quick about it also. Because finishing faster (I think) shows a better player when both players have 100% destruction (or in that case any % if they tie).
    No it doesn't. It shows who can spam better. NOT a good measure for who is better.

Either way as I said it is an idea. I hope that someone that has authority on implementing my idea sees my post and looks into it.
    There is NO chance it would be implemented, although it will have been seen by people who develop the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Either way as I said it is an idea. I hope that someone that has authority on implementating my idea sees my post and looks into it.
    Don't take it personally OP. Your idea is not unique and has been requested countless times since the BH was introduced to the game and people started getting 100% ties. The idea has been discussed to death.

Here's another counterpoint. Suppose you and I battle. Your base is a BH8 while mine is a BH7, i.e. your base is stronger. Naturally your stronger troops rip through my base in 1 minute for 100%. However, I execute a skilled attack that takes 3 minutes but I'm able to 100% your strong base with my weak troops. Why should you be awarded the win for that tie??? I had the better attack and yet I lost? How is that fair to me?

Quote Originally Posted by IceBird1 View Post
    If someone reach 100% and the other player also get 100%, then it is a tie, so no winners.

You're both given the same amount of time once the battle starts, someone shouldn't be rewarded all because they ended their attack sooner.
    Stop trying to get that post count up. This makes no sense at all. That's like saying you are able to get 30 stars in war, so if both clans get 29 stars then the winner shouldn't be decided by destruction.

Idea is good and worth consideration. Although it is not a necessity it would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Totally wrong, in every part of that I'm afraid. If you can't tell the difference between a battle and a race, then you really cannot understand Clash at all.

Battles are not about who finishes first, and never have been. They are about who does more damage. Races are about who finishes first, but have NOTHING to do with battles. Or Clash.
    I don't know if the OP meant for all draws but for 100% draws there is no wrong in taking time into consideration. It will show who effectively and efficiently destroyed the other's base completely first.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    Here's another counterpoint. Suppose you and I battle. Your base is a BH8 while mine is a BH7, i.e. your base is stronger. Naturally your stronger troops rip through my base in 1 minute for 100%. However, I execute a skilled attack that takes 3 minutes but I'm able to 100% your strong base with my weak troops. Why should you be awarded the win for that tie??? I had the better attack and yet I lost? How is that fair to me?
    This would be a failure in the matchmaking system.
    Last edited by notpeterjoe; July 31st, 2019 at 10:55 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by notpeterjoe View Post
    boy do you need to learn about builder base matchmaking... because this makes no sense.

You're matched on trophies and nothing else.
    It doesn't match BH5 vs BH5 because that would be stupid and BH5s would end up as high as BH9s.
    Which is why rushing in BH makes so much sense.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by notpeterjoe View Post
    Stop trying to get that post count up. This makes no sense at all. That's like saying you are able to get 30 stars in war, so if both clans get 29 stars then the winner shouldn't be decided by destruction.
    There is no similarity at all to saying that. Why do you think there is?

Idea is good and worth consideration. Although it is not a necessity it would be nice.
    The idea is rotten. It would make many currently viable troops and strategies in BB useless.

I don't know if the OP meant for all draws but for 100% draws there is no wrong in taking time into consideration. It will show who effectively and efficiently destroyed the other's base completely first.
    It would indeed show that. Which is most certainly NOT a valid reason to use it. It would be just as valid to give the win to the person who used the least number of fingers while tapping on the screen. It would show who did that.

I think you may need a different game. That is how the matching works, it is how it is intended to work. Above 1500, only trophies matter for matching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Forum Superstar
    So is this thread still running.

I really liked this idea but only for 100% ties. A large motivation was the sheer number of 100% BH ties I used to get, and I only play BH for Clan Games points.

That was when max PEKKAs and max Canon Carts were unstoppable. But they nerfed them, especially the canon carts. And then they introduced the Lava Launcher, which may as well be called "the Anti Canon Cart" defense.

I've been counting ... it has now been months since my last 100% tie. The problem is now moot.

Also, the introduction of the Clock Tower Potion, or is it just the high availability if them, I never run out. These potions removed the anguish of having three of your seven minutes of clock tower wasted by a slow 100% tie opponent.
    Last edited by George1971; August 1st, 2019 at 06:21 AM.