Thread: Claiming Tasks For Derbies

Fresh Spawn

Claiming Tasks For Derbies

I've got an idea to allow players to claim tasks that they want in derbies. I've noticed that during derbies it has been an issue trying to figure out who wants to do what task, and communicating with people when they aren't online. I also have a clash of clans account and there's an option in wars that seems like it could be implemented into the Hay Day derbies to allow people to show they are interested in certain tasks. And it could help to prevent accidental toe stepping when players have been prepping for that task.

clash war claim example:
    clash-war-claim.png

Hay Day implementation example:
    hayday-derby-claim.png

I know the Hay Day picture is just a rough drawing but i think it should just be enough to show someone is interested in it or even allow players to click on the task and see who's interested on the side.

Please let me know if there are any suggestions of what to change for this post or add to it!

Thank you Hay Day Community

Pro Member
    I would be ok with this but ONLY if there was a time limit on it. And you were only able to put a hold on one task every 24 hours. You can call a task but your claim on it expires in 1 hour. In the bigger neighborhoods there are not enough tasks for everyone to sit on two tasks for hours.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Cryoexn, welcome to the forums.

This has been suggested a few times. But even claiming a base in war (on the Clash side of things) does not keep a clan mate from attacking that base. It only means you have 👀 on it. I wouldn’t be opposed to this feature, and see it useful for larger NHs. I agree though with Hayfield about a time limit and how often you can use it.

The derby is a bit more like the challenges in Clan Games. There is no claiming a challenge there.

A NH needs a good way to communicate, whether it’s messages on the in-game chats, or an outside way of messaging.
    Last edited by Momscar; July 30th, 2019 at 08:16 PM.
    Level 158
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    I would be ok with this but ONLY if there was a time limit on it. And you were only able to put a hold on one task every 24 hours. You can call a task but your claim on it expires in 1 hour. In the bigger neighborhoods there are not enough tasks for everyone to sit on two tasks for hours.
    I’m not saying put a hold on it I’m just saying to give your neighbors a heads up that you were interested in the task but i do like the expiration thing

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    Cryoexn, welcome to the forums.

This has been suggested a few times. But even claiming a base in war (on the Clash side of things) does not keep a clan mate from attacking that base. It only means you have 👀 on it. I wouldn’t be opposed to this feature, and see it useful for larger NHs. I agree though with Hayfield about a time limit and how often you can use it.

The derby is a bit more like the challenges in Clan Games. There is no claiming a challenge there.

A NH needs a good way to communicate, whether it’s messages on the in-game chats, or an outside way of messaging.
    Yeah I know it wouldn’t be a guarantee someone wouldn’t take the task but it would be an easier way to communicate interest in a task. In my neighborhood we say we want a task and wait for a co leader or leader to put it in the perm messages. That just doesn’t seem very efficient. But I’ve also just setup a discord server for us to communicate but it’s not viable for everyone.

Pro Member
    I change my name during the blossom derby. Mother Hen Truck/Sugarcane to let people know those are the tasks I still need to do. Since I am active in the chat most people see the name. Not that any of my neighbors do the same... so I am left wondering which of the tasks are DONE and which still need to be taken and by whom.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

We just say please dont trash dancers rask etc.

That means i'm interested in it, but it's not reserved ... you xan do it if you want to.

Sounds like a nightmare to me, causing calls of ‘Selfish - you knew I wanted that task & took it anyway!’

There are bettervways of communicating than simply putting your name on a task. KIK works well.
    ROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 159 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

I always vote YES for task claim/reserved in Derby. I am a naturally stacker player, before I join this forum (rejected by dairy mill, sugar mill, ice cream, oven, bakery so many times &#128517. My funniest barn capacity was 1252/1200 + Alot of products ready to be pick up on machine.

Why I need/ interest to task reserve:
    - Once I have 100 pickaxes in my Barn ready to use for mining Derby task.
    - Now I have 22 townies @ Grocerries store & 20 at Diner (ready to collect, 2 Derby task within 1-3 minute).
    - couple years ago, I made 20 - 27 cotton shirts , I can't make the violet dress, & wooly chap for two week, waiting Cotton shirt task. Unfortunately,
    my friend takes that task (she/ he didn't read chats & message)
    & I have to wait another Derby

This is one of my Dream / Wishing List.
    Thank you

As a hood we don’t ‘reserve’ tasks, it’s always been ‘first come first served’ because quite a few of us stack stuff and would be ready for a lot of tasks.
    Hoodies sometimes say in chat if they are ready for a task that pops up but will usually say something like ‘I have 25 orange tea ready, will take if it’s still there when I finish current task’. If someone takes the task we laugh about it and move in...lots more tasks coming.
    Clover ’Girls' 17 adult, male & female, English speaking players from around the world. 100+ cups in Champ League. Ten tasks @320/400 or opt out.
    Level 85 please.
    Look for white dog, pink heart #2GPVQCVC