Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blossom Derby Again,,,, Seriously?

Blossom Derby Again,,,, Seriously?

We just had this type of derby. It causes major problems in many hoods. I had two players last time that whined like babies when two wheat tasks came as blossoms. I really thought mastering wheat planting was back at level one. Maybe I was wrong. I had made up a list last time of the undisciplined players to opt out the next time blossom came. Turns out it was over half the hood. Hopeless. I am opted out.

Pro Member
    I love the blossom derby. I hate that special derbies come up so often. I fully understand opting some players out. Some people are just unclear on the concepts. PS I love wheat task, that is the time I make sanctuary food, pasta and tons of bread. I think the reason some people hate them is because they can't grasp the concept of selling wheat at base or lower. They feel they have to mark everything up to full price then when it doesn't sell they get way backed up. I had a neighbor who would constantly ask us to buy her wheat, but she always marked it up. I told her to stop doing that or I wasn't going to help her. I would rather tank the derby than constantly bail her out.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

A little more variety in the type of derby would be welcome.

I think this is the easiest of special derbys. I rather have this than a mystery one. I'm sick of whiners too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    I love the blossom derby. I hate that special derbies come up so often. I fully understand opting some players out. Some people are just unclear on the concepts. PS I love wheat task, that is the time I make sanctuary food, pasta and tons of bread. I think the reason some people hate them is because they can't grasp the concept of selling wheat at base or lower. They feel they have to mark everything up to full price then when it doesn't sell they get way backed up. I had a neighbor who would constantly ask us to buy her wheat, but she always marked it up. I told her to stop doing that or I wasn't going to help her. I would rather tank the derby than constantly bail her out.

I decided to opt in as it was my responsibility to make the best of it. Looks like I might lose half the hood from this derby. Got a couple of blossom corn tasks this time. Have a couple of players not wanting to play them like it is a rash.
    I could do 10 wheat or corn blossom tasks if I had to, without any problem. It makes me no difference.
    Yes got to sell cheap to get rid of it. Like at 10/1. I looked at other sellers of corn in the DD and saw from their shop that it was not selling. I let the team know so they aware not to overprice it. Having to bail someone's shop out repeatedly at your expense sounds horrible. I had to opt out a couple of players that are known to constantly take a fast task and sign off with it for hours on end, leaving everyone else frustrated, waiting to play it. They may end of leaving the hood or not playing derby for long time who knows. Well that is blossom derby for you.

Pro Member
    So far this derby we are pretty good. Corn, help, basket (help, train, feed), sugarcane and a truck. The first person who took the truck is still sitting on it. All the rest of the tasks are up to 400 already. I have my truck board filled. Just waiting..... and waiting..... It is frustrating because on my baby solo farm I had a truck task and had it done in 2 hours with zero help from my main farm. With a big helpful neighborhood it should be done even faster.
    Heart in Hands
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    So far this derby we are pretty good. Corn, help, basket (help, train, feed), sugarcane and a truck. The first person who took the truck is still sitting on it. All the rest of the tasks are up to 400 already. I have my truck board filled. Just waiting..... and waiting..... It is frustrating because on my baby solo farm I had a truck task and had it done in 2 hours with zero help from my main farm. With a big helpful neighborhood it should be done even faster.
    Truck blossoms came up a couple of times, I trashed them fast. Most players 100+ level truck orders are a nightmare. Got a player when taking a truck task immediately starts chat mooching for every item on the order board. Puts helps on ridiculous truck orders that no one else can fill either, instead of trashing them. The task would expire before everyone had chance to play it, losing many 400 point opportunities.

Pro Member
    Oh my goodness we had one of those too! He would post a long list of everything he needed to fill his truck orders.... then he would keep posting it every hour or so. The last straw, was the time he took a help task and sat on it for 3 days, it was only 11 helps but every few hours he would post that he needed helps, for 3 days he did this. On Monday I posted that he needed to find another home because he was just NOT working out. A few hours later he posted a request, I kicked him out.
    But we had all prepped for a truck task, there are 4 of us who had a full board and were ready to go. Two of us have already finished it in the last 6 hours.
    Heart in Hands
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

what is the maximum derby points a 30 players hood can get in Blossom derby?
    Farm#1: Level 160, Town: 50, Barn: 12000, Silo: 12000
    Farm#2: Level 104, Town: 28, Barn: 7400, Silo: 5400
    Facebook | YouTube | Hay Day Friends | Profile

Troll Food
    (320 + 350 + 375 + 27 x 400) x 10