Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blossom Derby Again,,,, Seriously?

Centennial Club
    At first I didnít like stacking, but now the art of it is very challenging and fun.

And I donít usually tie up a machine, because I might collect and then just add more.
    Only stacking for the bread machine making cookies was challenging one time.
    Now if I stack the bread machine I will do 1 of the item I am stacking and then 1 bread, etc.

Sometimes I will buy every egg in the paper to fill my barn to stack, and then just not collect eggs for days.
    This last derby I had 300 eggs ....

I am level 156, team of 26 players, about 24 play derby. Almost all of us work, so crop tasks can take us a
    long time, I was trying to teach them how production and town stacking might be better for us.

We never get top 3 in champions, we play more for all horseshoes. Most of the players do not want stress.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by zetis View Post
    Someone in the SC's prank-department got an idea to put 3 for 2 crop event during a blossom derby. Thank god it's thursday and we're finished already.

Next time remember to put crop event on tuesday!
    Thanks for listening me! I'll try to remember add those <sarcasm> </sarcasm> tags next time to prevent taken me seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by zetis View Post
    Thanks for listening me! I'll try to remember add those <sarcasm> </sarcasm> tags next time to prevent taken me seriously.
    Oh wait? Does the Blossom derby only spawn harvest tasks?? Those can be avoided the during the 3x crop event, right?

Some NHs may chose to wait until tomorrow to start their derby, others may just trash the harvest tasks today.

The NH leader just needs to be able to consider all the options, not just the one that ‘normally’ works best.
    Level 160
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Key to the blossom harvest tasks today are your farm visitors. They'll come in and buy 1000 corn if you have enough. Love that.
    You're not going to sell anything in the paper. Thank goodness for huge silos and farm visitors like lazy Greg.
    We'll be done by tonight.

Trainee
    Blossom derby is a test of how well your neighbourhood is functioning. With good leadership, coordination, communication and teamwork it is a breeze. If blossom derby is a disaster it’s a sign your hood is simply not working well. We did two crop tasks in this derby and cleared each other’s stands to get rid of the extra crops. We sold to visitors and through ads in the DD, if you sell for one coin it is not really a problem.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ownedbydogs View Post
    Blossom derby is a test of how well your neighbourhood is functioning. With good leadership, coordination, communication and teamwork it is a breeze. If blossom derby is a disaster it’s a sign your hood is simply not working well. We did two crop tasks in this derby and cleared each other’s stands to get rid of the extra crops. We sold to visitors and through ads in the DD, if you sell for one coin it is not really a problem.
    I was selling carrots for one coin (several ads) and it took an hour to clear my crates once. So it's bit of a problem.

Just to be clear, our hood did finish derby already (second place though) so I'm not complaining that.

I just don't understand why SC would place triple crop event on a most busiest harvesting day already. DD just becomes unusable, can't grind harvest for sun points, don't get help for boats etc. Events should be fun and helpful for players (in my humble opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    Oh wait? Does the Blossom derby only spawn harvest tasks?? Those can be avoided the during the 3x crop event, right?

Some NHs may chose to wait until tomorrow to start their derby, others may just trash the harvest tasks today.
    The NH leader just needs to be able to consider all the options, not just the one that ‘normally’ works best.
    Usually crop tasks must be played for Blossom derby if you going for trophy win.
    If you got all players that are experienced, well disciplined, communicate well, and are available very often then you can venture into playing other tasks. For example, if everyone has 23 Town completed visitors on hold, you can choose that Town task when it comes.

Everyone on the team must be able to player every chosen blossom.
    For champion league your team will have chosen and played only 10 blossom tasks for max score.

In this derby, your team is only good as the weakest player.
    If you got just one weak player, the leader will have to choose only simple blossoms to plays such as helps, mine and fast crop so that the one player will not destroy the whole team. Fast crops are usually the one that appears most often. After a couple of mine tasks played you will have to pass up any other mine tasks because for some strange reason there are always at least one or two players who do not have much mine tools. I, among others do not like giving away my mining tools to these types of anemic players.

If your team has one of those players that plays with their head in the sand, or takes a blossom task and sit on it for hours, then forget about winning anything. You are then playing for lost cause.

The previous 3 blossom derbies destroyed this hood that I am in. I was not opted in the last one nor this one.

I always said the 3x crop event is no good. It be much better to just boost all crops by 50% less time instead. This day was a holy disaster for the DD. First you had a sugar cane lock down from Valley sun tasks. I spent hours trying to dispose a couple thousand sugar cane at 10/1 that was generated from my accounts in Valley.
    Then the Blossom crop tasks only made it worse. That is probably what made Chick Norris go AWOL.
    Last edited by dtx725; October 2nd, 2019 at 09:48 AM.

I am in a NH that has strategy for accomplishing the Blossom Derby tasks. Very good communication. I am really glad to be participating in it. The Blossom Derby has been my favorite since I have been derbying, and expecially is now that I see how people can work together, and how all the derby points can add up quickly.
    * Level 107 Farm named Terri Bug Acres.
    * Thank You, Supercell, for the Valley Fuel Tracker! Why?
    Because everything starts with fuel in The Valley.
    * I my NH, Fishing Event, Blossom Derby, my farm bunnies, my Orchard, and filling town orders.

Fresh Spawn
    I agree! The blossom derby cost me most of my hood! Everyone is so stressed out! I truly hate the blossom derby! Derbies should be fun, blossom isn't! We have won this derby, so don't tell me the strategies! It is horrible no matter the strategy!

I love the blossom derby too. Itís not just a matter of strategy, itís a true test of how well your team works and cooperates together. Lack of communication and coordination will cause nightmares, frustration and from what others have reported, has destroyed hoods. My team hated blossom at first until I explained how it needs to be done and put procedures in place. Clear expectations allow those who are unable to follow through to opt out bf derby begins. Now my team loves the blossom derby and cheers each other on!
    Leader Spiritís Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​