Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Blossom Derby Again,,,, Seriously?

  1. #11
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    173
    Someone in the SC's prank-department got an idea to put 3 for 2 crop event during a blossom derby. Thank god it's thursday and we're finished already.

    Next time remember to put crop event on tuesday!

  2. #12
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    142
    I think they did this on purpose.

    We had a player that only wanted crop tasks in blossom derby, then would almost bully other players as to when they might get
    done, it was terrible for our relaxed hood.

    Then I showed him how our hood can take a taco production task and get it done quicker and less stress by stacking.

    We love mining, town and single item production tasks for blossom because my team is fabulous with stacking.
    We also take some crop tasks, but blossom derby can be quite stressful for teams.

    I love that supercell did this 3 crop during blossom derby ...

  3. #13
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by zetis View Post
    Someone in the SC's prank-department got an idea to put 3 for 2 crop event during a blossom derby. Thank god it's thursday and we're finished already.

    Next time remember to put crop event on tuesday!
    I have always disliked the 3 for crop event. Today I hate it so much on my baby farms it REALLY messes me up on silo storage.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

  4. #14
    WussyPuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Richmond, BC Canada
    Posts
    5,931
    While the extra yield on crops during harvest tasks makes it more challenging to get rid of said crops, I do okay selling excesses for one coin and to farm visitors and it is the only time I make hay bundles.

    i actually love the extra yield because I put on the crops I rarely grow myself. Having an expansive silo helps too
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 17 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

    Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

  5. #15
    Senior Member dtx725's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by Npflbowden View Post
    I think they did this on purpose.

    We had a player that only wanted crop tasks in blossom derby, then would almost bully other players as to when they might get
    done, it was terrible for our relaxed hood.

    Then I showed him how our hood can take a taco production task and get it done quicker and less stress by stacking.

    We love mining, town and single item production tasks for blossom because my team is fabulous with stacking.
    We also take some crop tasks, but blossom derby can be quite stressful for teams.
    I love that supercell did this 3 crop during blossom derby ...
    The 3x crop event during this derby was an evil prank upon the derby players. Not appreciated at all. We had a carrot blossom that player just started on. I finished it just before the event started. Sold carrots fast at 10/20. About four hours later it was slow selling at 10/1. I defeated the damage the event has caused by helping those with the task, buying some from their carrots and selling it off in my shop.
    The pathetic part about it was that a player does not get task credit for the extra harvest, only half of what was made.

    Blossom derby is about fast tasks, and that is mostly fast crop like wheat or corn. You can play mine and help tasks too. But some players seem to be short of mine tools which I find unusual. So only one or two mines for our hood. Help tasks are good but players eventually run out of bushes/trees to revive. If a team is disciplined and well organized they can finish derby with a trophy within two days. There were 2 teams ahead of us that did just that and finished long time ago with a perfect max score.
    That stacking with tacos is baloney. That is an odd ball task that rarely come up. I never saw a taco task at least the last 3 derbies that I know of. Why lock down a production machine with a stack when you can do elementary crop tasks and win a trophy. Many of our players sadly do not properly prepare for derby anyway. And guess what, no frustration from waiting on anyone because you are in and out fast with such tasks. I fail to see what is so terrible about doing crops.

  6. #16
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    3
    We're a small neighbourhood, with people on vacation there are now only 4 of us playing. But things are going well. We all help each other out on tasks (like the truck task).
    The 3x crops was annoying because everything sells really slow now even at 10/1.
    I things go as planned we can start our last 2 tasks of the Derby tonight.
    So I don't mind the blossom derby. It is a lot better than the surprise one.

  7. #17
    Centennial Club sabine98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    California
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by zetis View Post
    (320 + 350 + 375 + 27 x 400) x 10
    What if Supercell changes the way it scores in Blossom Derby as per the following:

    Regular Derby Scoring (10 Players Hood)
    320 -> Trashed Automatically Once Done
    Blossom Derby Scoring (10 Players Hood)
    320 -> 350 -> 375 -> 400 -> 400 -> 400 -> 400 -> 400 -> 400 -> 400 Manually Trashed Once Done
    REQUIRED Blossom Derby Scoring (10 Players Hood)
    320 -> 350 -> 375 -> 400 Trashed Automatically Once Done

    This is how a blossom scoring should be.. Task blooms to 400 and gets plucked.
    Last edited by sabine98; August 2nd, 2019 at 05:06 PM.
    Farm#1: Level 160, Town: 50, Barn: 12000, Silo: 12000
    Farm#2: Level 104, Town: 28, Barn: 7400, Silo: 5400
    Facebook | YouTube | Hay Day Friends | Profile



  8. #18
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    142
    That stacking with tacos is baloney. That is an odd ball task that rarely come up. I never saw a taco task at least the last 3 derbies that I know of. Why lock down a production machine with a stack when you can do elementary crop tasks and win a trophy. Many of our players sadly do not properly prepare for derby anyway. And guess what, no frustration from waiting on anyone because you are in and out fast with such tasks. I fail to see what is so terrible about doing crops.[/QUOTE]


    I personally think the crop tasks take longer than stacking. Give me the production tasks and town tasks any day
    over the crop. I get them all stacked and then finish in seconds, growing that blossom quickly. The crop I have to
    constantly be on checking, which does not do well for our team. So I let my team choose, but those of us that did the stacking are done with derby 😀

  9. #19
    Senior Member dtx725's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by Npflbowden View Post
    I personally think the crop tasks take longer than stacking. Give me the production tasks and town tasks any day
    over the crop. I get them all stacked and then finish in seconds, growing that blossom quickly. The crop I have to
    constantly be on checking, which does not do well for our team. So I let my team choose, but those of us that did the stacking are done with derby 
    I understand what you saying. Once all setup and stacked a production task can be done in under a minute. But you are not counting the time spent on stacking the machines and the focus it needs to have all ingredients, full barn... etc. I been there and done it with a fully derby devoted farm. This can be okay if you have such farm devoted to that.
    I do not do that because we are big town players in my current hood. Also I am constantly mounding and tweaking my item inventory in prep for the next double XP event that rolls around. That all being my situation, I am not going to tie up my machines with stacking for any amount of time.

    I don't know how many players on your team, but by taking such task, you are dependent upon every player to stack and have the same items stacked. With a fairly sizable hood that be virtually impossible.

    The crops make no preparation other than keeping all plots open when event starts.
    Time comparisons.... Taco Task 320 - 13x 18 hrs (That means you have to full stack 9, come back and stack 4 more behind it)

    Wheat task 320 - 960 , I do this in 14 minutes , No stacking, No machine tie up.
    Carrot task 320 - 560 , I do this task in 40 minutes, Plus I get free tools and expansion material from crop harvests.

    Throw in a few help tasks , couple of mine tasks so it is not all crop.
    The more organized and disciplined a team is the more task choices you can add and get done fast.
    The hood I am in is exactly opposite of that, so I am limited to what works without much frustration and failures.

  10. #20
    Pro Member themammabear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by dtx725 View Post
    The 3x crop event during this derby was an evil prank upon the derby players. Not appreciated at all. We had a carrot blossom that player just started on. I finished it just before the event started. Sold carrots fast at 10/20. About four hours later it was slow selling at 10/1. I defeated the damage the event has caused by helping those with the task, buying some from their carrots and selling it off in my shop.
    The pathetic part about it was that a player does not get task credit for the extra harvest, only half of what was made.

    Blossom derby is about fast tasks, and that is mostly fast crop like wheat or corn. You can play mine and help tasks too. But some players seem to be short of mine tools which I find unusual. So only one or two mines for our hood. Help tasks are good but players eventually run out of bushes/trees to revive. If a team is disciplined and well organized they can finish derby with a trophy within two days. There were 2 teams ahead of us that did just that and finished long time ago with a perfect max score.
    That stacking with tacos is baloney. That is an odd ball task that rarely come up. I never saw a taco task at least the last 3 derbies that I know of. Why lock down a production machine with a stack when you can do elementary crop tasks and win a trophy. Many of our players sadly do not properly prepare for derby anyway. And guess what, no frustration from waiting on anyone because you are in and out fast with such tasks. I fail to see what is so terrible about doing crops.
    Trust me stacking taco is not baloney, my baby has done it the last 3 blossoms, 21+ opted in. It’s in a top 100 hood. My main farm does mainly crops, train truck, help, mining. Both finished w gold in under 2 days. Both are legitimate strategies. Do what works for you but don’t dismiss as baloney what you don’t understand!
    Last edited by themammabear; August 2nd, 2019 at 11:16 PM.
    Leader Spiritís Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •