Thread: Friends Book Limit Bug?

Question Friends Book Limit Bug?

The Friends Book was increased to allow 250 quite some time ago. My book even says that I currently have 227 out of the 250 allowed (227/250).

I tried to send friend request #228 and recieved a "You have reached the maximum number of in-game friends". To confuse things more, the in-game Support still says the limit is 150.

After an awful lot of difficulty, I've finally managed to get a help request off to Support and now need to wait for a reply, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had a problem reaching the 250.

Am I going crazy? Am I missing something so obvious that I'll be embarrassed by this post when it's pointed out? Or does a problem actually exist? I can find nothing on the forum about anyone else having this issue.

Unfortunately, I am unable to upload the screenshots. First, I'm told they're too big, then the wrong extension, then I've exceeded my quota...whatever the heck that means. I'll keep trying so you all can see what I can't and help to figure out if this is a bug or I'm being stupid and missing something in my old age.
    GC: PhoenixAerie KIK: Cricks3 HDTag: YQJLUQU9
    Farm: In Memory of Tom, Level 145, town level 42
    NH:
    iPhone 6s Plus, iOS version 12.2 Time Zone CST -6
    Honorary "Tech Bug Hound", Previous Official SC Hay Day Forum Moderator

Hi, cricks!

i don’t have 100 friends let alone 250, so I cannot help there

as far as posting pics on the forum, it is necessary to use a third party image hosting website, for example, I use tinypic

http://tinypic.com/

These types of sites automatically resize the images for you. once you choose file and then upload, it will give you codes that you can copy and paste. Select the one which says to use for “forums and message boards” and paste it into the body of your post, like

<right here>

Not the forum tools

i hope this this works for you!

edit. My visit to the website today indicates that tinypic indicates that they will be shutting down their image hosting service in 2019. I do have other options, but this was by far the easiest for me
    Last edited by WussyPuss; July 27th, 2019 at 10:11 PM.
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Thanks! I'll try that. I've resized in photo editing software and corrected the extension. The pics are 123kb and 127kb and I'm trying to upload individually, but keep getting told that I've exceeded my quota by over 200kb. Sigh....

I've loaded screenshots here many times over the years. Never had anything like this.

Yeah! Thanks again WussyPuss. However, did you know Tinypic is shutting down?
    Last edited by Cricks3; July 27th, 2019 at 10:28 PM.
    NH:

Quote Originally Posted by Cricks3 View Post
    The Friends Book was increased to allow 250 quite some time ago. My book even says that I currently have 227 out of the 250 allowed (227/250).

I tried to send friend request #228 and recieved a "You have reached the maximum number of in-game friends". To confuse things more, the in-game Support still says the limit is 150.

After an awful lot of difficulty, I've finally managed to get a help request off to Support and now need to wait for a reply, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had a problem reaching the 250.

Am I going crazy? Am I missing something so obvious that I'll be embarrassed by this post when it's pointed out? Or does a problem actually exist? I can find nothing on the forum about anyone else having this issue.

Unfortunately, I am unable to upload the screenshots. First, I'm told they're too big, then the wrong extension, then I've exceeded my quota...whatever the heck that means. I'll keep trying so you all can see what I can't and help to figure out if this is a bug or I'm being stupid and missing something in my old age.
    I’ve noticed that “outgoing requests” count toward the friends total. So I’m wondering if maybe you have 23 outgoing requests in addition to 227 friends. If so, the game counts that as if all of your requests are going to be accepted (227 + 23 = 250) and won’t let you make any more requests.

No clue why the screenshots I finally managed to upload yesterday are now gone. I'm just glad that LuvHayDay saw them before they disappeared.

LuvHayDay: I had no idea that outgoing requests counted towards the total but it makes perfect sense now that you pointed it out, especially with the math you did totalling up perfectly. Thank you!

I received an answer to the help request I made yesterday through the forum Help Pages, advising me to request help in-game so they could get device and log info. No problem under the old in-game help but this new automated system is not much more than an eternal loop to nowhere. I'm so grateful that your reply saves me from having to go through that awful experience.
    NH:

Quote Originally Posted by Cricks3 View Post
    No clue why the screenshots I finally managed to upload yesterday are now gone. I'm just glad that LuvHayDay saw them before they disappeared.

LuvHayDay: I had no idea that outgoing requests counted towards the total but it makes perfect sense now that you pointed it out, especially with the math you did totalling up perfectly. Thank you!

I received an answer to the help request I made yesterday through the forum Help Pages, advising me to request help in-game so they could get device and log info. No problem under the old in-game help but this new automated system is not much more than an eternal loop to nowhere. I'm so grateful that your reply saves me from having to go through that awful experience.
    You’re very welcome! I’m glad I was able to help

Btw, the screenshots are showing. Sometimes they take a while to load I suspect they may disappear after tiny pic shuts down, though
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...