Thread: Anyone have trouble with Bot neighbors joining their hood??

Anyone have trouble with Bot neighbors joining their hood??

Howdy partners! Has anyone had trouble in their neighborhood with a bot joining your hood? A few times over the past few months I feel like some of the people who have joined our hood are robots. They join, dont opt in the derby the first week, dont chat. Then opt in to derby at week two and complete zero tasks. No communication, nothing. So essentially it throws our chances at winning first, possibly second place in the derby. Any thoughts or insight is appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by redtwinkle2 View Post
    Howdy partners! Has anyone had trouble in their neighborhood with a bot joining your hood? A few times over the past few months I feel like some of the people who have joined our hood are robots. They join, don’t opt in the derby the first week, don’t chat. Then opt in to derby at week two and complete zero tasks. No communication, nothing. So essentially it throws our chances at winning first, possibly second place in the derby. Any thoughts or insight is appreciated!

Some farmers don't know any different. Recently, I let 2 different farmers in our hood. We have not had new peeps in some time.

the first was from Indonesia, seemed to understand and accept our derby goals, did fine for first derby and has since been inconsistent, including 2 consecutive derbies where they indicated that they were travelling to America and had iffy wifi. Under those circumstances, we expect peeps to opt out. She was farming, asking for help, just not doing tasks. Anyway, after explaining that if everyone did not complete tasks, we don’t get all horseshoe rewards... she finished her tasks.

the most recent is a farmer from India. The join request indicated that they just wanted to play and do derby and it was a lower level farmer. They completed the first derby and asked about their “performance”. Anyway, last week she indicated that she was busy and needed tonnes of help finishing tasks and I suggested that they opt out if they are busy.

this week, she has only taken a help task, unfinished and has been no help in bingo. I plan to give her the boot, but in both cases, I see no malice, just indifference. It’s normal to them

there are all kinds of hoods out there. If you are open, you are going to get all sorts of peeps. Some just join and ask for stuff and leave. Some join random hoods not knowing the host language and just stay until they get kicked, rinse and repeat.

if you don’t like who is joining, change to request to join or invite only
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    Some farmers don't know any different. Recently, I let 2 different farmers in our hood. We have not had new peeps in some time.

the first was from Indonesia, seemed to understand and accept our derby goals, did fine for first derby and has since been inconsistent, including 2 consecutive derbies where they indicated that they were travelling to America and had iffy wifi. Under those circumstances, we expect peeps to opt out. She was farming, asking for help, just not doing tasks. Anyway, after explaining that if everyone did not complete tasks, we don’t get all horseshoe rewards... she finished her tasks.

the most recent is a farmer from India. The join request indicated that they just wanted to play and do derby and it was a lower level farmer. They completed the first derby and asked about their “performance”. Anyway, last week she indicated that she was busy and needed tonnes of help finishing tasks and I suggested that they opt out if they are busy.

this week, she has only taken a help task, unfinished and has been no help in bingo. I plan to give her the boot, but in both cases, I see no malice, just indifference. It’s normal to them

there are all kinds of hoods out there. If you are open, you are going to get all sorts of peeps. Some just join and ask for stuff and leave. Some join random hoods not knowing the host language and just stay until they get kicked, rinse and repeat.

if you don’t like who is joining, change to request to join or invite only
    Super frustrating....

Pro Member
    Sometimes it isn't bot farms, just people who don't speak your language. Opt them out, if they opt back in on their own, kick them out as soon as you notice. Set your neighborhood to "request to join" add MUST chat to your neighborhood description. On my baby farm we have a Monday check in. There are only 3 of us and sometimes there is one that doesn't check in, but English isn't his first language and he is active in the derby so we know he is there.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Centennial Club
    Really frustrating, we’ve had our fair share of these types of players. Not sure about bots though.

Centennial Club
    If you haven't chatted in the first few hours of joining our hood, you're getting the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipfarm View Post
    If you haven't chatted in the first few hours of joining our hood, you're getting the boot.
    This sort of became our policy too. Got burnt too many times by silent players coming in and nothing happening even after players on the team pleaded for them to take a task. Made for a whole miserable week of derby.
    Had a silent player that did good every week during a normal derby. Even play the extra task. But he became a disaster on special derbies. Would not play the bingo tasks, nor any of the blossom tasks. Just staying in his own world like some automated derby injection.

I make announcement that new players must chat with the leader before opting into derby the first time. Also be chat responsive while in derby.