Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Legends System Time Consuming

One way to look at it is to consider the following: You never lose loot in Legends. The bonus in Legends is pretty decent. All you need to do to remain in Legends is to stay above 5k. Ask yourself, why are you in Legends?

I'm a lazy farmer and I co-lead a serious war clan. Some days I finish all 8 attacks, other days I only finish 1 or 2. But I do enough to remain around 5300. I'm able to pull in good loot and keep 4/5 builders working around the clock. That's why I'm in Legends. In 3 weeks I will be 100% maxed at which point I might consider actually trying to make a push up the leaderboard, but until then it's pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    If you're busy, going on vacation, just a bit bored, etc. simply take it easy for a month. If you feel the desire to push hard the next season, go for it.
    Exactly this. Not everyone will be able to push every season. Don't feel you need to push for the top every month!

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    The beauty of the trophy competition is it only is about a month long. Who says you have to push your hardest every season? Even in the old legends players often "took a month off" and didn't push their hardest, then pushed hard the next. If you're busy, going on vacation, just a bit bored, etc. simply take it easy for a month. If you feel the desire to push hard the next season, go for it.
    I agree, but then i have to disagree with you. One might want to compete for a particular month, lets say, but then that means that he/she will have to make their attacks everyday.

I got burned out. Its not that i want to impose my opinion on anyone, but I do feel that perhaps something like 5-6 attacks per day would be okay. 8 is okay if one is not working or having a more complexed schedule.

Anyway, 8 attacks or less, Legends league is where the fun is, so congratulations to SuperCell for the change!
    Last edited by sM1Le; July 25th, 2019 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iRvN View Post
    The game develop into a competitive game, and just like any other sport it requires minimum participation in order to climb to the top. I dont think its meant for people who has such a busy day and it shouldnt be. climbing up is the reward for the people who willing to put more of their time into the game then others, while the very top is saved for those who are truely skilled.
    anyways, you can always use training potion, you can even buy it for only 10 medals
    that is most people with jobs normal day, maybe we should all quit so those without a job have no game to play anymore, or maybe instead they could Taylor it to suit everyone instead!
    COC: Working on TH12 Clash Profile

time will tell..... having said that, I agree with 2222, you don’t always have to push hard, if you have real life commitments then take time off, this is a game after all.
    I personally have been involved with the Forum donation event and believe me, you want to talk about time management? the time it takes us there to ensure we are doing thousands of donations a day, plus clan games, and Legends hits is mind boggling and yet I believe all of us in Legends are managing to get our attacks in, so I think 8 is a good number but that will be for SC to decide.
    My personal take on pushing in Legends is, if you want to be the best the you need to earn it, it shouldn’t be “easy”.
    Not to derail this thread but what I have noticed that is most challenging about Legends is the defences, I find it very strange that I can have a base that defends very well for say 24 defences, getting only 3* once or maybe twice with the majority of the hits being 1*s or low percentage 2*s, and then all of a sudden as I am climbing to the next plateau level, say like 5400 and wham my base gets slammed with 2 or 3 - 3*s and the rest of the 8 defences are all high percentage 2*s, not a single 1*. I find this to be somewhat suspicious, and please don’t say “change your base”, because if you’re saying that, you’re missing the point of what I just said.
    Anyway, I am enjoying Legends, have fun everyone.

Join us for the biggest yearly event! Forum Elite, more info here

I really think ppl should give the option the day before of choose how many attack the next day they want to do(being the same number of defenses), some number betwen 2, 4, 6 and 8, so ppl that know cant do much the day before will be able to get a lower number, will be less taxing on ppl that want to take slow and ppl that want to try to get more trophies can still aim for 8 everyday.

Th12 only war clan Brotherhood #8VYLVJJ2

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    time will tell..... having said that, I agree with 2222, you don’t always have to push hard, if you have real life commitments then take time off, this is a game after all.
    I personally have been involved with the Forum donation event and believe me, you want to talk about time management? the time it takes us there to ensure we are doing thousands of donations a day, plus clan games, and Legends hits is mind boggling and yet I believe all of us in Legends are managing to get our attacks in, so I think 8 is a good number but that will be for SC to decide.
    My personal take on pushing in Legends is, if you want to be the best the you need to earn it, it shouldn’t be “easy”.
    Not to derail this thread but what I have noticed that is most challenging about Legends is the defences, I find it very strange that I can have a base that defends very well for say 24 defences, getting only 3* once or maybe twice with the majority of the hits being 1*s or low percentage 2*s, and then all of a sudden as I am climbing to the next plateau level, say like 5400 and wham my base gets slammed with 2 or 3 - 3*s and the rest of the 8 defences are all high percentage 2*s, not a single 1*. I find this to be somewhat suspicious, and please don’t say “change your base”, because if you’re saying that, you’re missing the point of what I just said.
    Why is that suspicious? Below a certain level, you will find the weakest attackers - the just made it into legends crowd and the casuals and the rushed. There will be a huge glut of them in the bottom of the league. At a certain point above that, skill will take a much more important role and consistently stronger attacking is what is required to maintain that threshold. It appears the dividing line is somewhere around 5400. I would expect that as you climb in legends that bases that are effective lower down against less skilled attackers will stop being effective and need to be replaced with tougher bases.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    ...My personal take on pushing in Legends is, if you want to be the best the you need to earn it, it shouldn’t be “easy”.
    Agreed.

Been diddling with legends this season, and once heroes were finished, experimented with various armies before settling back into the old qw standards. Defending is definitely the challenge for me. My base building skills are obviously lackluster since I find myself recovering from a couple 3 star defends in a row every couple days. My biggest problem at the moment is that I can’t change the base fast enough.

Regardless, so much fun now!

TH12...level 241...65/65/40...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 34 mil...atb 6032

Forum Veteran
    how about they make it 10 attacks per day & reduce training & regen time by half?
    i know they hav already reduced train time before, but it was before OBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddsyuk View Post
    Not more please, but maybe 6 weekdays and 8-10 weekends would be a nice sweet spot for me. Also, maybe during clan war leagues we could get a drop in daily attacks to accommodate clan management and war attacks.
    While that might be the sweet spot for you, it doesn't work for everyone. For me 10-12 on weekdays would be nice while 4 or less would be better on weekends. Weekdays are easier as I have a job where taking 3 minutes to make an attack isn't a big deal throughout the day.

Then you get into a variable amount of attacks per day that one can choose. This causes problems where if you want to push to the top you'll likely need to chose the maximum every day. So if the max choice is more than 8 it'll be more time consuming than it is now.