Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Builders base the lava launcher

  1. #1
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3

    Builders base the lava launcher

    Hi I know we aren't the only clan out there or individual player that thinks the lava launcher sux ! Maxed out troops and every troop combo you can think of doesn't stand a chance against it . Word has it and that's only word of mouth cause there is no info for builders bases that you need to put in a air troop . But seriously not even that works . So why are we introduced to something and no info to follow it ....??? Level 30 battle machines which would be almost indestructible is taken out pretty quickly... I do think that supercell needs to look at the builders base and do some major bug fixes and major changes . The OTtO even that came with a big twist that you needed to upgrade builders , canon , mega tesla to maxed out levels b4 getting him . Supercell why not just b upfront from the beginning ? Honestly not a good update for builders guys

  2. #2
    Forum Contender Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4,828
    Ground was, mostly, the meta in bh8. Early bh9 it's mostly air. Most common attack is minion drops on my base. I expect to see more hogs as people get them leveled up. I've also had some success with mass pekkas. They get into the lava dead zone pretty quickly. It's not invincible.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  3. #3
    Forum Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Water Seems Safe
    Posts
    8,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Ground was, mostly, the meta in bh8. Early bh9 it's mostly air. Most common attack is minion drops on my base. I expect to see more hogs as people get them leveled up. I've also had some success with mass pekkas. They get into the lava dead zone pretty quickly. It's not invincible.
    I've had the same experience.

    I've personally leveled up 4 troops to 18 - minions, ships, pekka, carts. I've found some designs are better for ground with Pekka/Cart and some are better with air minion drops.
    After I level up the BM (for OTTO) I'll start hogs til maxed.

    That said I think this has been a fun update for BH9 so far.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Fort Campbell
    Posts
    221
    I’ve had max flying bacon since day one, VERY under powered, one witch, one drop ship, rest minions all maxed is very strong. I have found the maxed hero pathetic for the cost also.

  5. #5
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,825
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyRay View Post
    I’ve had max flying bacon since day one, VERY under powered, one witch, one drop ship, rest minions all maxed is very strong. I have found the maxed hero pathetic for the cost also.
    How do you deploy the witch ds minions army?

  6. #6
    Forum Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    9,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Vipero View Post
    Hi I know we aren't the only clan out there or individual player that thinks the lava launcher sux ! Maxed out troops and every troop combo you can think of doesn't stand a chance against it . Word has it and that's only word of mouth cause there is no info for builders bases that you need to put in a air troop . But seriously not even that works . So why are we introduced to something and no info to follow it ....??? Level 30 battle machines which would be almost indestructible is taken out pretty quickly... I do think that supercell needs to look at the builders base and do some major bug fixes and major changes . The OTtO even that came with a big twist that you needed to upgrade builders , canon , mega tesla to maxed out levels b4 getting him . Supercell why not just b upfront from the beginning ? Honestly not a good update for builders guys
    The info for the Lava Launcher clearly states the it affects ground, no surprises there.

    Distract it.

    DropMinions is the most common attack right now, at least on my base (max BH8 turned BH9 with all major defences at level 9 and the LL at level 6) I'm sitting in the 4700s.

    I have OTTO unlocked anf he has even been working a few times. It's not a needed addition to Builder Base unless you gem extra loot cycles on the regular (or if we get a BattleFest soon). You can get through a BattleFest without OTTO, by using a few Books, no biggie, just absorb the resources as best you can.

    You have had about 8 months to GearUp, if you had bothered to play the BuilderBase the last 2 years.

    If you were playing the game when BB was introduced and feel behind now, that's on you. You will catch up eventually, don't worry.

    "Builder Guys" would be the group of players that maxed out BH8, 8 months ago, right? I for one love the update, but then again, I'm not affraid to use books, hammers and gems on that part of the game.

    /Affront

  7. #7
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3
    I've been playing builder base since it was introduced... 2nd best in my clan at that . So I'm no newbie to it . I just have not managed to find one troop combo that works with lava launcher . The best troop combo I've found is the raged barbs , boxer Giants , bomber, canons . But again I can have a brilliant run at it and next 2nd not so great .

  8. #8
    Forum Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    9,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Vipero View Post
    I've been playing builder base since it was introduced... 2nd best in my clan at that . So I'm no newbie to it . I just have not managed to find one troop combo that works with lava launcher . The best troop combo I've found is the raged barbs , boxer Giants , bomber, canons . But again I can have a brilliant run at it and next 2nd not so great .
    The easiest way to deal with the Lava Launcher is to ignore it and go MinionDrop. (When the new power defense targets ground, it's obvious to get the Air troops maxed out first.. 80% of the attacks on my base are maxed DropMinions, so peopke seem to have figured this out all by themselves)

    Another way to deal with it is to distract it with a high hitpoint troop. The BattleMachine and SuperPekka are up for the task.

    /Affront

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Fort Campbell
    Posts
    221
    K
    Quote Originally Posted by littledoctor View Post
    How do you deploy the witch ds minions army?
    I drop the hero in a corner and wait till lava targets him, it usually misses several times till hero gets to base. Once lava targets hero I drop the witches in another area, just to clear air mines and keep other air defenses busy, if I’m lucky they live long enough to get the drop ships and minions to take down barrels and roaster before suffering a lot of damage. This will usually leave a lot of minions up with a lot of air defenses down. Bats and drop ships soak up a lot of damage and do their share of killing.

    I am looking for a strat that uses the flying bacon kinda like a zeplin in the main base to target Builder hut later in the battle, but nothing that makes it strong attack yet, that I have found.

  10. #10
    Forum Contender Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4,828
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyRay View Post
    K

    I drop the hero in a corner and wait till lava targets him, it usually misses several times till hero gets to base. Once lava targets hero I drop the witches in another area, just to clear air mines and keep other air defenses busy, if I’m lucky they live long enough to get the drop ships and minions to take down barrels and roaster before suffering a lot of damage. This will usually leave a lot of minions up with a lot of air defenses down. Bats and drop ships soak up a lot of damage and do their share of killing.

    I am looking for a strat that uses the flying bacon kinda like a zeplin in the main base to target Builder hut later in the battle, but nothing that makes it strong attack yet, that I have found.
    Isnt the strength of hogs the stun ability and then wipe out defenses? Some early hog pekkas vids from not looked promising. I'm a long way off from trying though.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •