Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opt In/Out Selection for Valley Season

Opt In/Out Selection for Valley Season

In case you have not realized it by now, inactive players in valley hurt valley progress. Sort of like the derby.
    Reason is, collecting the chickens is a valley group effort. I believe there are 60 players in a valley. Inactive or dead farms in your hood are counted. Also players that do not wish to participate in valley even though they are active in derby. The more inactive players in valley the less players there are to collect chickens and less chance the valley will reach the 250 chicken goal by end of season.

I think that a Opt in button be needed. Each player must opt in before a season starts if they wish to play valley. Have it display in the hood player list who is opted in. Make it possible for a leader to opt out inactive valley players before it starts so that the system will put 60 opted in players to a valley group.

Very similar to the derby opt control.

PS: Moderator, please move this posting to Ideas & Feature Requests. I posted in wrong category.
    Last edited by dtx725; July 22nd, 2019 at 09:03 PM. Reason: posted in wrong category

I understand where you come from.

What would stop one to opt in and still not playing the Valley (nto contributing)?
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language.

Counting chickens. Report abuse/spam on forum.

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 136♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    I understand where you come from.

What would stop one to opt in and still not playing the Valley (nto contributing)?
    That is possible. There are active players in valley also but have not yet got a good understanding what is going on so they likely not catching many chickens anyway. But what I refer to is players whose trucks sat in one spot the entire season. You know they are not valley players, so any bit of elimination of such could be replaced with active players.

I play the valley but totally ignore collecting chickens. I am after scrolls only.

I’m not sure that it would be possible for a leader to opt a player out of the Valley. There are players in the valley that are not even on anyone’s friends list, much less in the same hood as one another. Yes, your entire hood is in the Valley but so are many other players that are just from random or solo hoods.

Because of RL things the 4 most active players in our hood didn’t really start figuring out the best way to coordinate collecting chickens until the season was nearly over. We managed 127 chickens. I’m not sure how many were specifically ‘our’ chickens, but I think even with only a small number a players reaching the 250 chicken goal is quite possible in a season.

Maybe the real issue is that some players that don’t ‘do their share’ in the Valley will benefit from someone else’s work. 😏
    Level 158
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Actually, you don’t have to worry about nonparticipants benefiting from your hard work. The chickens open the exclusive shop which requires at least 3300 token. If someone is not working, they will not have enough tokens to benefit. Both of my hoods, one medium, one large went way over the required chicken count. I think it has to do with who you are placed with. For those of you who didn’t make it, I’m hoping that they randomize which neighborhoods get placed in the valley each season just like the derby. Maybe you will have more active participants.
    Leader Spirit’s Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

Thanks mammabear! Good information.
    Level 158
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

I thought the valley was for all players and not just hoods but yet again solo hoods or people not in one at all are being penalised There were 8 inactive players in my valley-they didnt move once after the first day, 2 that moved a couple of times in the whole season and 2 others as well as myself who seemed to be playing every day-I missed one day and couldn’t complete about 4 or 5 daily quests (fixing trucks, finding shops that were nowhere to be seen or too far away) so I didnt even get to open the last box tho dont think I missed much there-an axe for hours and hours of playing that you can get in 10 mins of wheating. I collected a grand total of 40 chickens-and stopped collecting them about 2 or 3 days before the end to cocentrate on tokens. I found it all extremely deflating and pointless. The lack of interaction and the boring graphics were both very disappointing, I will possibly play again but won’t collect chickens or try to „win“-this of course will be unfair on anyone who ends up in the same valley as me but I‘m not going to spend an entire day trying to produce things I dont need for fuel to help some strangers that I cant communicate with. I would assume I‘m not the only one so therell probably be a ton more inactive and semi-active players next season. Not sure what the answer is but you obviously cant opt out people youre not neighbors or at least friends with. And 60 players in a valley?? Thats a joke right?

I really don’t like the valley, don’t really understand how it works either.

i tend to go in and do that days task and come back out, no idea how you can tell who’s done anything in there and who hasn’t.

as for collecting chickens ...... knew they were for collecting but had no idea why!

The valley is the first update that I’ve thought is utter rubbish and wished it hadn’t happened, but obviously that’s just my opinion am sure some will like it.

Pro Member
    If you were inactive the last season it should be closed to you the next season. There should also be a "No thanks for this season" button you can click. The valley should be a mix of solo, small and large neighborhoods so that it is even.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC