Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Hay Day. 10 Valley Ideas for Ya!

Hi Hay Day. 10 Valley Thoughts for Ya!

Hey Hay Day. Hereís some tweaks you could do to make the Valley more ďfunĒ since thatís one of the stated goals. FYI, I do enjoy the concept and additional activity of the valley and these 3 weeks have played it actively.....though not enthusiastically. Me thinks Iím not alone.

**Sorry in advance. This is long. But so are the improvements needed (imo.)

1 - ditch the broken trucks. Entirely. Not fun. Itís the opposite of fun. You canít make it fun. Just ditch it. Surely you can think up better ways to encourage diamond spending.

2 - clouds - once weíve opened a patch, keep it open. We really want to see the whole valley youíve created! Plus thatíll encourage us to explore all of it instead of just running the same boring routes continuously.

3 - too long. The valley takes over the farm. From fishing to crops to trucks and boats. Iíve got a big enough farm (175) that I can handle it but farms under about 150 in my hood just canít do 3 weeks of giving up the farm to sun tasks. Yes, theyíre optional....but you put in those tasty permits as prizes for a reason. To play the valley. A 10 day valley, perhaps more frequently than youíre intending, would make it more accessible.

4 - sun tasks. The repetition is awful. The creative people who thought up the valley can surely brainstorm some more creative ways to get sun points. Feeding the town is a start. How bout general helps. Thereís gotta be more ways...

5 - achievements. Where are they?? Serve X amount of valley shops. Collect chickens....

6 - rewards on paths. Seriously giving me a butter and then charging me more fuel to continue? Thatís called a penalty in my book. Drop the rewards entirely or donít charge fuel to continue. Either option works, pick one.

7 - crate deliveries. Whatís up with letting me see the delivery but once I drive there the delivery is already done by someone else? Close it out when itís done like you do the shops. And by all means let me see the route ahead of time so I can decide what to do. Youíre not calling it a Mystery Delivery...so donít make it mysterious.

8 - token prizes (non-chicken). The permits are awesome. But youíre gonna need to add special gifts in there. Cause once Iím done with clearing my land Iím out unless thereís a special reward to work for.

9 - daily quests. First, ditch quests that have any possibility of being unachievable. Repair truck and collect chicken. Second, again, lack of variety. Iíll go to the pizza shop or the diner or a green house or whatever. But youíre not encouraging me to explore. Itís basically fish shop, veggie shop, black roof, spin the wheel 2x and done. So thatís where I go and what I do because, ya know, fuel is too precious. Boring.

10 - sun points view. Omg it is so irritating and cumbersome to continuously go to the valley to see where youíre at. The best fix would be to just roll over points instead of requiring a spin before collecting more points. Just do it! Adding a sun point total that showed both points collected and needed (ex: 26/50 ☀️) on all pages would do though.

Alrighty thatís what Iíve got for ya. Iím sure others will disagree and thatís fine. But I think these ideas are solid and donít change the intention of the valley....but theyíd sure eliminate some irritations and improve the accessibility and enthusiasm for it.

**Iíll add that Iím not a chicken collector so Iíll leave any ideas on that front to others. I also donít have a problem with the dramatically increasing sun points to get fuel though Iím also fine to ignore the valley during the day. But if you do want me to play it more, then yep the sun points need to come down. Cheers!
    Last edited by indyalways; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:18 PM.

I actually like most of these ideas. 😊 Many are what others have been saying ad nauseum and, in addition to yours, itís nice to see them in one place.

Just to say - I donít mind the 21 days in and of itself. Itís the rewards for the time spent and having to grind every day of those 21 days thatís my issue. And my main farm is at Level 164. If SC drastically reduces the days, theyíre going to have to re-jigger every single aspect of the valley to maintain a balance that works in the Valley and with the farm.

But certainly - fuel, clouds, rewards, chickens, group activity - all should be reconsidered I think.

With the exception of length, I agree with your recommendations. I think they are concise and well thought out.

i would add one in regards to collecting chickens. Since the current goal is for everyone that is in your valley, then they should have an “opt in”. Needing to get 250 chickens is based on everyone in the valley collecting. I know there were at least 2 trucks that have not moved once during the past 20+ days of this season so far. Since the valley consist of multiple neighborhoods, it’s not like I can say anything to get them moving as they are not in my neighborhood.

I have played it every day, but definitely would find it more fun with tweaks and I am level 160.
    Last edited by CGussler; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:47 PM.

Especially agree with the prizes needing to be improved, because looking at whats on offer apart from scrolls, I cannot see I will bother once I have opened all my land. And its still a lot of work for a few scrolls, compared to the special boat task ones where you got the same amount for a few days filling crates.

I would add, don’t take people’s hard earned tokens away. It has been tremendous work and those lower level farms have contributed to the avalley total and despite their hard work, they have insufficient tokens to buy anything in the exclusive shops once it opens to them. At least let those carry over so that those in the 20s to say level 100, have at least an opportunity to acquire the exclusive deco next time. If not' I know 3-4 of my hoodmates, out of the 6 of us who gathers over 230 of our 283 who will not be participating next time.

And their inability to purchase the decoration has nothing to nothing to do with spending their tokens on other common items, 3 have bought nothing as they were Saving up for the car or diamonds.
    Last edited by HeaveninTN; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGussler View Post
    With the exception of length, I agree with your recommendations. I think they are concise and well thought out.

i would add one in regards to collecting chickens. Since the current goal is for everyone that is in your valley, then they should have an “opt in”. Needing to get 250 chickens is based on everyone in the valley collecting. I know there were at least 2 trucks that have not moved once during the past 20+ days of this season so far. Since the valley consist of multiple neighborhoods, it’s not like I can say anything to get them moving as they are not in my neighborhood.

I have played it every day, but definitely would find it more fun with tweaks and I am level 160.
    plus an opt in gets rid of all the parked trucks everywhere so you can make better choices about group tasks....is a truck around that is active? If they are in the avalley, they opted in so hopefully everyone is active at least to some extent.

I so agree with almost everything!

I would strongly suggest reworking the suns and the sun tasks... 1st of all totally remove the derby one- especially giving it when there is no derby! Suggest 1 high, 1 med and 1 low task daily. Trying to get even 550 suns when the biggest point is something that takes forever is a wet blanket.

Suggest not having valley and derby stopping/starting at the same time.

We are 3 chickens away from the 250 with about 12 hours to go.... hoping for good spins this evening! LoL several trucks in our valley haven't moved in weeks.

Thanks for putting this together!

As much as I hate the broken down trucks, if that is a must have by the developers maybe they could change it to ‘Truck is out of gas need 2( or whatever reasonable random number 1-3) gallons,. If someone is willing to bring them fuel, the broken down truck gets the random number of gallons of fuel and the philanthropic Valley goer who donated gets an equal number of free spins for fuel. So, if the truck requires 1 gallon the donor gets 1 spin, 2 gallons, 2 spins, etc. That would be a win-win and maybe more people would help their fellow Valley participants (assuming the glitch is gone and you can help a broken down truck.) That being said, it would have to be a reasonable reward because nobody is going to drive 9 spots to give 3 gallons of fuel to get 1 spin and a chance to only win 6 gallons because fuel is entirely too difficult to come by.

just a thought.
    Last edited by HeaveninTN; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:40 PM.

I agree with just about all - but please change the following:-

Number of chickens required should be proportional to the number of active players in your hood - Supercell should simply create a tab for opting in to the Valley season and use that to generate the number of chickens required to be collected to gain the prizes.
    Farm 237, Town 81
    Everything complete....
    Just 49 Scrolls to go!!
    Barn 13,000 - Silo 12,000
    kik: perky76

Quote Originally Posted by CGussler View Post

Agree with all of CGussler's post.

I likewise fully support indyalways recommendations except #3, I don't mind the length of the season.

Definitely need an 'opt in' to the group/chicken collection.

We had a mostly active valley with a few junkyard corpses, yet were still 48 chickens short!

Please tweak it SC, to be fair on those who are actively pursuing chooks.. therefore making it more fun!
    MISTY💜

Level 154 ~Town 46
    Achievements: 144/144
    Started: May 2015